Tripadvisor
Sydney
1,921 results
All reviews central station bar downstairs travel desk bed dorm big hostel key card bondi beach free wifi common areas shared bathroom great facilities enjoyed my stay would stay again george street darling harbour hostels sidebar
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

Just want to write a quick one to big up Stacey on her tour planning skills!

I'm the kind of guy who doesn't plan or research but I do have the capability to turn up on time (most of the time). Stacey knows this route in and out naturally of course with her job role, but as shes done it herself a couple times, has first hand experience with what's good and how long is needed in each place.

She asked me a few probing questions to get a feel for what I wanted to get out of my trip and with the answers planned everything and as I booked everything together applied a bundle discount.
As you can see from the planner below, it's super easy to follow even for an unorganised person like me. All the vouchers and extra reading collateral were provided to me in a plastic wallet. I just have to show up on time.

Additionally, Stacey went above and beyond on the actersales because I wanted to make an amendment to stay in Byron Bay an extra night and take one from Brisbane. I had a quick call with Stacey and she handled all of the work to make the change with the hostel.

Having a blast so far and excited for the rest of my trip!

Nice one Stace!!!!!!

Andy

X

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

Checked in by Izzy who chatted to us and explained everything about the hostel and made sure we felt welcome and knew what to do. She continued to keep up with us whilst we were there which made our stay nicer and we felt valued! We went to extend our stay and were seen to by Alba who couldn’t do enough to help and make sure we were accommodated for. Brilliant customer service from these two women, they are the kind of people that make your stay and experience.

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

Nice clean hostel in a great location! Plenty to do at nights in Side Bar if you want to meet new people. There are also group activities that you can join in during the day too. Two staff members, Alba and Izzy, seem to go out of their way to help you. They provide great service and seem to genuinely care about your stay at the hostel. Having stayed at the hostel for a week their customer service is consistent and they always take tome to say hi.

Wake Up! Is a great hostel to stay at when you’re looking to meet be people and to socialise.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2020

Had an amazing time during my stay at wake up! Everyday something is going on, especially wine & cheese and pub crawl were so nice. So easy to meet new people as a solo traveller. Staff is so nice as well (especially Max and Kiara) and convinced me to go to every activity. If I go back to Sydney I will definitely stay here again!

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

Nice staff, nice rooms, nice facilities, nice nice
Nice bar crawl, nice bar, nice and comfy bed, nice pints, nice bar, nice reception, nice people and all around nice time, nice bathroom nice shower nice... nice

Trip type: Traveled with friends