I know that this is a low-budget backpacker hostel. But there are certain things I expect even of such an accomodation: Cleanliness, a kitchen that "works" and rooms you can sleep in.
- Location (near Kings Kross, only 20-30 min from Sydney CBD)
- Rooftop terrace; nice views of the Harbour Bridge and the surroundings
- Showers are pretty clean
- Squeaky beds
- Hostel is unattended at night - nobody gives the noisy guys a roasting when they're supposed to be silent during the night
- The kitchen; it is messy and dirty. Two out of three stoves do not work properly and the oven is as unusable as it is dirty. There are 3 forks for about 40 guests.
Allegedly, the kitchen is cleaned every day. It looks like they clean the ground and put away the left-over food or dishes, but don't clean the surfaces which is of utmost importance.
- Breakfast was ok for the price, but I would have expected something to drink aside from coffee, at least a juice for the non-coffee-drinkers.
- The worst thing in this hostel is the rooms. They are incredibly hot and muggy. Our room faced a wall so there was no circulation of air at all, despite the fan in the room. Without that fan, you cannot get a single hour of sleep. But with the fan you cannot get sleep either, because it is so loud. There are other rooms which are facing the street - they may not necessarily have the heat problem, but instead of that they have a noise problem because of the main street right under their window. The most important thing in a hostel for me is that you can get a good sleep, which definitely is not given here. Zero Points for that.
If you don't care about sleep, you're right here but I do, so I do not recommend you to stay here. Invest some money and stay at a place nicer than this one. Shouldn't be too difficult.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Woodduck Boomerang Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.