“Great hotel!!”

Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney
Ranked #22 of 182 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed September 8, 2006

Rydges was a great place to stay in Sydney! It is close to everything and everyone was very helpful. They set up all of our excursions and gave us helpful advice on what to do. It is only a 5 minute walk to the Quay. I stayed there alone for one night before my husband arrived and I felt completely safe walking around late at night. I would stay there again if I ever have the chance to return.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank carderbeach
Write a ReviewReviews (9,106)

Reviewed August 21, 2006

Great location in the heart of sydney close to Circular Quay. Our room was big and has a great bathroom - absolutely spotless.

Ate in the bar one night and food was good if a bit expensive but I guess you expect that in Sydney!!

Friendly and helpful staff who booked restaurant tables for us etc. and checked us in early morning after a long flight!!!

Small Gym but decent pool.

Great hotel for the price.

3  Thank woody255
Reviewed July 23, 2006

Great location...only about a 10 minute walk from the Quay. Nice rooms, comfortable beds, and very friendly staff. The views aren't that great, but then again, how much time do you actually spend in the room?

A few words of advice. Skip the breakfast buffet. It's overpriced and is not that great. You'd be better off going out on the town and finding breakfast at a cafe or restaurant. Also..the seafood buffet that they have on Saturday nights is very good. A little expensive, but it is a good alternative if you do not feel like going out on the town for dinner.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9  Thank krcostel
Reviewed July 6, 2006

My wife and I just returned from a three-week vacation down under and this is where we stayed for three nights in Sydney. I will try to be brief, but it is difficult sometimes.

Location is excellent. There are hotels closer to the Quay, the Rocks, the Opera House, etc., but none that I found in this price range. It was literally a 5-minute (very safe) walk to the Quay, the bridge, another 5 minutes from there to the Opera House. Also, you are one-half block from the train station (underground, no noise) that you can ride to/from the airport for A$13 one way.

Staff was very young, very competent, very friendly, and very helpful. Enough said.

Room was great. One comfy king-size bed, two chairs, a business desk, a very cool wall unit that contained your closets, TV, mini-bar, etc. Bathroom was HUGE with giant tub and separate glass-enclosed shower. The view from the balcony was good, not great, but that is simply because the buildings around them are so huge, it doesn't matter what floor you are on; my guess is that you are not going to have too many rooms in this location with stunning views of the bridge, Opera House, or whatever. As with most tourists, this isn't a huge deal to us as we used this hotel as a place to sleep in between our many touring activities. Also, we never heard another soul in other rooms the entire time we were there. Very peaceful!

Overall, value was superb. We paid A$195 per night for three nights. I would stay in this hotel again in a heartbeat. Feel free to write me if you have any questions at all. TripAdvisor was very helpful for me in selecting hotels for this trip and I would like to help others with their decision making.

• Stayed: July 2006
24  Thank TimmyB1957
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 19, 2006

Great modern hotel in a fantastic location. Very well situated and conceirge staff were especially helpful.

• Stayed: April 2006
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 13, 2006

Stayed here as part of our world trip and whilst some time ago just wanted to add my thoughts. The room and bathroom were of a high standard and the service was of high quality throughout. Unknown to ourselves, some friends had arranged a suprise bottle of champagne and some other gifts with the hotel staff prior to our arrival and no-one let on, a great acting job by the bellboy who told us later he had been the one to set up the whole thing. Very nice suprise on entering the room and all just added to the friendly feeling we got from the hotel staff.
The restaurant was very nice and had a stunning waterfall feature. Breakfast was enjoyed there throughout our 9 day stay.
Couldn't fault the hotel, one of the best we stayed in thoughout our world tour. Have to say though that Sydney was a big disappointment, could have seen it in 3 or 4 days not 9.
'London by the sea'.

• Stayed: December 2003
14  Thank Postcorner
Reviewed June 10, 2006

I stayed in this hotel for five nights in March. This is a boutique hotel with contemporary designs and the rooms are minimalist with their furnishings. The bedroom facilities were superb, with proper cartons of milk for tea and coffee rather than the usual single serve variety. I still haven't figured out why I'd want a toaster in my room though! The bathroom was to die for - huge shower, decent bath, large sink area with lots of storage. The hotel staff were really friendly and efficient. I had a friend joining me as a surprise to the others in our party and, although he checked in ahead of me, the staff kept the surprise by not letting on, right up to the springing of the surprise in the bar. The location of the hotel is excellent - 10 minutes walk from Circular Quay and down a side street so there isn't much through traffic. It's located above a metro station too. Highly recommended - I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2006