“Great location for everything”

Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney
Ranked #22 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed December 17, 2008

Stayed 6 nights at the Amora from 27 November 08.
We were offered an upgrade at a discounted price so had a lovely junior suite on 8th floor. The accommodation was really nice - a comfortable sitting area, big bedroom with a huge bed and a really nice bathroom with an amazing walk in shower.

The hotel is located about 500 metres from Circular Quay in one direction and a 10 - 15 minute walk to Darling harbour in the other - so a good jumping off point for most things.

There is a great wee resaurant right opposite the hotel for breakfast or lunch - The Barramundi. Also, try Jordans on George (on the way to circular Quay). They do a great bacon and egg sandwich with coffee and juice for $5.50 AUD - bargain!!

2  Thank Jinty Campbell

Reviewed December 17, 2008

The house keeping was very bad.
The staff in this hotel were not responsible at all.
They missed the booking of shuttle bus, and there were gabage of the previous guest in the room.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
4  Thank mayomayo123
Reviewed December 7, 2008

I have just returned from a stay at the Amora Hotel in Sydney and all in all it was very pleasant. I booked the hotel through wotif.com and got an excellent rate. The hotel is in a great location on Jamison St, which is a few blocks away from Circular Quay and in close proximity to restaurants, shopping etc. Check in was quick and easy and the front desk staff were very friendly. I was given a room on the 22nd floor, which was great as I requested a room on a higher floor.

Upon entering the room, I was pleasantly surprised at how spacious it was. It was a welcome change from the Four Seasons room I had stayed in previously which, though nice, the room there was just too small and not worth the money I paid (See my Four Seasons Sydney review). This room was large, bright and airy with 2 large windows on both sides of the room overlooking the city. A large office block was obstructing most of the views but I understand this hotel is situated in the centre of the city and I wasn’t expecting amazing views. The bathroom was absolutely massive with a separate shower and a huge picture window above the large bathtub. The only problem I had with the bathroom was that the double doors to the bathroom were more like cupboard doors and had no lock. When they were closed there was roughly a 2 cm gap between the two doors which made it easy to see into the bathroom if someone was walking past. Seeing I was with my friends and not my partner I would have liked to have had more privacy.

We ordered some late night dessert from the room service menu and it arrived in record time. The caramel and macadamia nut tart I ordered was fantastic, however my friend’s bowl containing 3 small scoops of ice cream was not worth the $13 we paid for it; especially considering one of the flavours (sour cherry) was horrible. The milkshake was nice but $8 was a bit steep.

Aside from that, I was happy with my stay here. It’s rated as a 5 star but I would say it's more of a solid 4 to 4.5 star hotel. Nevertheless, it represents a great value for central Sydney and I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank vissi87
Reviewed November 11, 2008

My fiance and I booked a mystery hotel online and got this place! I had never heard of it but am glad I have now! not only was it in walking distance to the train station, rocks and circular key but the staff are lovely and they put us on the 28th floor in a corner room with veiws over the city! it was spectacular! We could see the harbour from our bathtub! Definately not what i was expecting for the price! What is also great about this hotel is that they spread their patrons around the hotel, in other words there was no lines at check in and we only saw one other person on our floor our entire stay and they were at the other end of the hall. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!

1  Thank BeckFSiro
Reviewed November 9, 2008

I managed to book this hotel as a mystery deal on a popular hotel booking website. This hotel is located in a great spot next to Wynyard train station which makes it easy to get around and a short walk to Circular Quay and the rocks.

I was impressed from the very beginning with small touches such as the concierge opening the doors upon arrival to the prompt friendly front desk check in staff.

No issue was too hard for them - they brought up shaving cream (albeit in a small tube) when my partner forgot his and even found a European travel adaptor for the wall plug. The room was clean and modern, the shower HUGE and the king size bed was amazing. The only slight issue is that Jamison street is on a hill so you'll be huffing by the time you get to the door after a day of shopping or sightseeing. Will definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Clea700
Reviewed November 3, 2008

I just had to once again write about my stay at this hotel. I have stayed at this hotel 3 times now and on my last stay I was even more impressed.

I had emailed the hotel requesting a nice room because it was a birthday/anniversary.

Upon arrival at the hotel, I was advised that we were upgraded to a deluxe king room! Was so happy. The room was in a corner and so quiet. The view was spectacular on our 29th floor room!

They even gave us complimentary bottle of wine and chocolates!

Service is still amazing! Service is always polite, helpful and with a smile.

1  Thank advocate_of_truth
Reviewed November 2, 2008

Everything about the Amora Jamison is perfect, great location, the rooms are comfortable and well fitted out. (they even have a pillow menu) Staff are always very attentive

Their restaurant is just as good, I had breakfast there and it was expensive but worth it. Freshly squeezed juice topped it all off.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business