“Nice hotel”

Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney
Ranked #22 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

After reading reviews I was a bit worried but it was a lot better than expected. We had a standard room which was very clean and the bed was very comfy. There are a few design flaws - the TV which should be opposite the bed is actually in the cupboard next to the bed so it's impossible to use the tv unless you strain your neck or lay on the side of the bed. Also there is a desk with ONE chair which makes dining very hard, we ordered breakfast and had to use the windowsill as a table and the ottoman as a chair. Other then that parking is reasonable compared to other places in the city we have stayed at and the staff is super friendly.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We booked the room at the Hotel as part of a Wotif mystery deal. Staff at reception at the concierge were lovely and very helpful but the room was a big disappointment. It was very tired and small and everything was crammed into a 1970s style oversized wardrobe. The bathroom was OK and slightly more spacious.

We ordered room service which again, was average, but promptly delivered by a friendly staff member.

Great location but overall unimpressive, I don't think I would bother again - mystery deal or not.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Better than expected for the cost (? if we had some sort of deal), large clean and well appointed rooms, efficient and friendly staff. Good location, We stayed in October over the fleet review weekend. would readily stay again, now our choice of hotel in Sydney.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank affie85
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed at the Amora Hotel back in October 2013 for the fleet review.
Our room was not five star quality. The bathroom was lovely though with great views of darling harbor, which we wanted. However, the bed (king) had blood stains on it, which was horrific. I complained but because it was a very busy weekend due to the fleet review, we couldn't change rooms and there was nothing Amora could do. I couldn't sleep well after that.
On day two of our stay, I was returning from a morning visit with coffees from Starbucks. I took the lifts. The lift, about half way up between the ground floor and my floor, stopped and the doors wouldn't open. Nothing worked not even the air con, so no air was coming in to the lift. I freaked out. I rang the alarm bell inside the lift, but no one heard it. If it wasn't for the maintenance man opening the door, no one would have known; I was in there for a good 5 minutes or more. The maintenance man got a huge shock when he opened the door and saw me in there freaking out. God knows what would have happened if he didn't open that door.
When I got back to my room I rang and told the front desk what had happened. The lady advised she would notify the manager. When the manager rang she just said sorry to hear what I had just gone through and that was it. She didn't even offer a voucher for a dinner or breakfast voucher, nothing. I was shocked.
All we for this horrible experience at Amora Hotel was a discount on the poor quality fold away bed that was terrible to sleep on, for my daughter.

Not the best Amora experience for me or my family.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Joanne R
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed over Easter and had a lovely stay. We had a room with 2 king singles and a fantastic harbor view from the bathroom and glimpse of the Opera house from the bedroom. The service was outstanding, chocolates ECG night on the bed and wonderful doormen ready to get a taxi for us. I highly recommend Amora Hotel at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Overall this is a very nice hotel, the rooms were good and it was only a short walk to Circular Quay. The staff were friendly and the beds were comfy. Got it through a secret deal so it was good value.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The room was nice, they provide a kettle and toaster but no spoons, knives or forks.... Mini bar was not re filled everyday... Front concierge couldn't answer our questions and made no effort to check and get back to us. Front desk staff were nice but clueless. Wouldn't stay again or recommend

• Stayed: April 2014