Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney
$138
$131
Novotel
  • Restaurant
Novotel Sydney Central(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$134
$89
$202
$182
  • Restaurant
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$220
$118
9,412 results
All reviewscircular quaygreat locationwynyard stationcorner roompillow menuexcellent hotelcomfortable bedopera houseroom servicebusiness tripgeorge streetgreat roombuffet breakfastwould stay againan upgradecentral locationmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 1, 2007

We have stayed at the Jamison for our anniversay the last 2 years. The location is fantastic as you have a 5 minute walk to The Rocks, as well as to Darling Harbour. We always stay in a 'club room' which places you on the top 2 floors, a King Bed, and provides you with access to the Club Room throughout the day. The Club Room offers free drinks (top quality wine & beer) and canapes (you can basically use these as a quality entree!!) for 2 hours each day, along with a complemetary continental breakfast each morning.
I am a travel agent so i will give you guys a tip. If you are to book the club room, go to the site '[--]' 2 weeks prior and click on 'last minute' Sydney. This is when you can pick up the room for approx $220 a night (well worth it considering the evening Club Room!!).
Hope you guys decide to give this hotel a shot, as it is a great place to base yourself to walk to the sites and experience that is Sydney.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank snapperbandit
Reviewed October 22, 2007

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay, would stay again and happily recommend. Excellent value for money when compared to other properties of the same star rating. Good location. Great rooms, soft sheets, and lovely bathroom with separate deep bathtub. Easy access from the train station around the corner.

Concierge was extremely helpful, sorting out some luggage issues we were having with the airline. He was more helpful than the airline staff were. We were very thankful.

We sent some laundry to the hotel valet, and unfortunately the clothing was lost. The management of the hotel were extremely apologetic, offered a full explanation of what happened, and re-imbursed us for the full replacement cost of the items without arguement. While it was unfortunate that this happened, we could not fault their response to the problem.

When you travel, sometimes things go wrong -- its the response to the problems that really counts.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tattitalk
Reviewed October 1, 2007

Nathan is the best concierge in town, thanks for all your help thoughout our stay :). Will be back at this hotel for sure..

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sexy_GirlHongKong
Reviewed October 1, 2007

Bad points:
No view
Not enough staff in the parking area-there were occasion where we parked our car and had to wait for the staff to turn up.
Not a good location

Good points
Staff were polite-opens the door for you everytime you go out.
Convenient valvet parking-can enter and exit a lot of time.
Had a iron, iron board and a dryer in the room which means less packing.

• Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed September 28, 2007

I booked this hotel sometime in the summer of 06, while it was changing ownership. I called them a few weeks before the start of my trip and was told that they didn't have my reservation. My travel agent was able to work it out but I suspect they just re-booked me again. I was lucky that a room was still available. So somehow they had lost my reservation. This is unusual, even when changing hands.

One or two days before betting there I checked their website for directions and noticed that they had amazing special. So my agent re-booked me again. From about 270$ we were paying about 180-190$.

PRO:
- Convenient location
- Good value at the discounted rate. Overpriced for the full rate
- Very nice bathroom
- I had a nice non obstructed view. But no waterfront views at this hotels.
- Very quiet hotel. This was the main reason I didn’t go for the establishment, located almost next door.
- Lots of eating options around. Good breakfast place next door (to right of the hotel)
- Comfortable beds

CON:
- I feel that the website does too much on the Marketing. Somehow the hotel and rooms don't looks as amazing in real life, I felt that the lobby and common area were on the small size, and fell very...empty. No life.
- Decent inside pool. However they put so much chlorine that you can't really use it unless you wear swimming glasses.
- Not reliable reservation experience.

Above all: nothing is really exceptional about this hotel, especially if you get it at regular price. But good value if discounted.

If I return to Sydney I might look into alternatives.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple