My wife and I stayed here in April '11 after clicking on a "surprise hotel" website deal. We went in with an open mind. As far as decor, room and amenities, this hotel is no different than many other 4 star type corporate hotels in big cities - it has everything you need without really being standout. What DID standout though was the poor service. Here are examples:
1) we asked the concierge if he could arrange a taxi. We were left hanging for 20 mins and then told they had forgotten about us. We ended up booking our own taxi
2) if you pay by credit card you have to pay a surchage - what the...! This is a modern hotel - why are we being slugged surcharges? What a joke.
3) parking is exorbitant ($30+ a day) and often overcrowded. People are parking on one side of each up/down ramp between floors just to get spaces.
4) the parking system using tickets etc is so complicated you wanna be a NASA astronaut to figure it out - even the receptionist got confused
5) the room was okay, as noted above, but attention to detail...not so good. Think plaster cracks in corners, peeling paint etc
Unfortunately these are the things I remember, not the averageness of everything else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the Sydney's well kept secrets, Amora Hotel Jamison is quite simply the place to be. Whether you are staying in one of our Newly Refurbished Deluxe Rooms or Suites, attending a Conference or Gala Dinner, unwinding at Amora Day Spa, enjoying Spanish cuisine in CHARR Restaurant or indulging in our Afternoon Tea in GALLERY Lounge Bar, you will experience genuine traditional personalised service. Superbly located above Wynyard Station between George and York Street, within walking distance to all major iconic attractions, Amora Hotel Jamison is renowned for spacious and elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.