“Amazing stay”

APX Apartments Darling Harbour
Ranked #117 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed June 30, 2014

What an amazing place, we were so apprehensive about staying here due to a lot of the negative feedback on this site, however we couldn't fault this place at all. Room was very clean, modern, roomy, neat and well presented. It was safe and secure, quiet and very well equipped with all modern essentials. Staff especially Shelia who we dealt with a lot was extremely professional, polite and a wealth of information and very helpful, and so very friendly. The apartment was central to everything, most places were accessible by foot or any mode of transport was within a short walk. Can't praise this place enough wouldn't book anywhere else when next in Sydney. Thank you for making our romantic birthday celebration a weekend not to forget

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gidget07
Srinivas K, Manager at APX Apartments Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Dear Gidget 07, Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I was very happy to read that you had a romantic weekend and enjoyed our great location. We will do our best to continue to provide excellent customer service in creating a memorable stay and guest experience. We look forward to see you again soon! Karim El Khatib

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

The tv wasn't working the night I stayed and they didn't bother to fix it. The housekeeper came into the room without knocking 3 times before checkout even though I told her the first time to come back after checkout. The staff were rude and not helpful and never returned my calls. Over priced!! And in the bathroom the power point is next to the toilet and not the mirror so I can't see myself to blow dry my hair. I would have had a better sleep/stay at a haunted house!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Katefirmin

Greetings Kate

We thank you for your support and truly appreciate your time in sharing your stay experience.

It was with deep regret that we learnt of the challenges experienced. Having read your review, there was indeed no excuse but to extend our most profound apologies.

Regards

Karim El Khateb

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I stayed at the apartments over the weekend from 20/06/2014 and had paid for the accomodation in advance and in full using a family members credit card via the internet weeks earlier.

Upon arrival and booking in to my accomodation at the front desk I did not have a credit card to offer as assurance to any damage which could be incurred to the room. As such, the manager initially stated that I could not stay at the hotel and they also refused to return my money which I had already paid for, for the room.

Firstly, I have never had a problem like this whilst staying at any other hotel.

Secondly, to be refused stay at the hotel and to also be refused money back for the room which I was no longer allowed to stay in was extremely poor customer service!

It was not until I negotiated an outcome and paid an extra $1200 deposit (returned on check out) that I was allowed to stay.

Rhetorically, if I could not have come up with the extra $1200 deposit the hotel manager was not going to allow me to stay at the hotel and he was not willing to give me my money back so I could at least find somewhere else to stay. The complete indifference and lack of regard to my safety (as I was in a foreign city) demonstrated a disregard to basic customer service.

Luckily my bank was not closed and I was able to get the relevant monies, but APX management should not claim they care about there customers when they were so happy to do what they did to me!

The hotel manager did not seem to care about my situation continually referring to the terms and conditions of stay forgetting that the relevent term about about 'credit cards required as assurance' is hidden amongst a heap of other conditions in tiny sized font! I also used a third party internet booking site which did not care about conveying the terms and conditions and were much more focussed on completing the transaction.

Be aware and don't get caught out by APX hotel management who hide behind tiny writing rather than demonstrating good customer service.

Room Tip: Be aware before booking!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
6  Thank brett r
Srinivas K, Manager at APX Apartments Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Brett,

Your comments have certainly outlined areas for improvement and I have addressed each of the areas with the relevant department managers.

In the meantime; thank you again for taking the time to write.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We needed somewhere to stay for 1 night after dinner at Chinatown, and attending a show at Town Hall, and APX apartments turned out to be perfect for us. Excellent position in Darling Harbour right next to Chinatown. Very clean apartment. ours was on Level 3, and was very quiet. No view except brick wall of adjacent building, but this did not bother us at all. Bathroom sparkling clean , bed comfy. Check in and check out great. I asked for late check out and was given 11 am which was great after a late night out. Fully equipped kitchen handy. Would definitely stay here again if needing somewhere at Darling Harbour to stay.

Room Tip: Our room 328 was very clean and quiet, view of brick wall did not bother us.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aussiecruzer

Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting to stay at APX Apartments Darling Harbour and taking the time to provide us with your feedback pertaining to your stay.
Our vision is to consistently exceed guest expectations through excellence, value, constant innovation and care. We value your comments greatly as this provides us with opportunity to improve our products and services constantly and improve upon overall guest experience at our property.
We are delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared the same with all our team members. Positive comments such yours are also huge motivational factor for the team who strive hard to please our valued guest.
We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to APX Apartments Darling Harbour.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

These apartments are clean, nothing to rave about though in amenity wise. But the rooms are generously sized and the balcony is a plus. But the big drawcard is the value for money and the location of these apartments. A short 5 minute walk to the CBD and right on the doorstep of Darling Harbour.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mifosbabe

Dear Guest,

Reviewed June 7, 2014

on arrival, we had to get the cleaner back immediately as there was long black hair all over the bathroom and kitchen floors!!
The plates and cups in the cupboards were dirty, probably because none of the plugs held the water in, this was in both the kitchen and bathroom.
The room was dark and dingy, the sofa was situated at the opposite end of the room from the TV, this meant that we had to sit in bed to watch TV. The room was NOTHING like what is advertised. The only good thing about this experience was the lobby staff and the location. would never stay again

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank RubyWellingtonNZ
Srinivas K, Manager at APX Apartments Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Ruby Wellington,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at APX Apartments Darling Harbour. Please accept my most sincere apologies for your dissatisfaction with your recent experience. It is clear that we have failed deliver to you a truly enjoyable and memorable experience and for that, I sincerely apologise.

Should we be able to welcome you back in the near future; if you would like to contact me on om.darlingharbour@apxapartments.com.au I would be delighted to take care of your reservation.

In the meantime; thank you again for taking the time to write.

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Nice location near Darling Harbor. Lots of places to eat. Clean room, crisp and white sheets, big toilet and bath, kitchenette, and a plus - we had a balcony in our room. The people at the front desk are very helpful. Special mention - Sheila, Shri and Jhoana. You made us feel so at home. ☺

• Stayed: May 2014