“mostly just good location”

APX Apartments Darling Harbour
Ranked #115 of 182 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed March 3, 2014

A good, cheap place to stay in the Chinatown precinct. Great location with a less than 5 min walk to Darling Harbour. we stayed on the 6th floor in an executive studio overlooking the Asian restaurants below (balcony) which explains why our room smelled initially like Asian food. King bed was comfortable, pillows were very flat, and the shower is a triangular shape which is weird/unnecessary design considering how spacious the bathroom was. Hot water system was great. BYO hairdryer because the one in the bathroom is underpowered. Cleaner isn't the best, does an okay job but left heaps of hairs lying around. Overall a good-average roomy apartment and good area to stay in.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank missmkiv
Srinivas K, Manager at APX Apartments Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for selecting to stay at APX Apartments Darling Harbour and taking the time to provide us with your feedback pertaining to your stay.
Our vision is to consistently exceed guest expectations through excellence, value, constant innovation and care. We value your comments greatly as this provides us with opportunity to improve our products and services constantly and improve upon overall guest experience at our property.
We are delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared the same with all our team members. Positive comments such yours are also huge motivational factor for the team who strive hard to please our valued guest.
We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to APX Apartments Darling Harbour.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

After reading the reviews we were very surprised by the APX apartments, we thought we could be in for a bit of a 'headache' but we found the apartment clean, comfortable,spacious and the location for us was ideal. However I am still waiting for my security deposit to be reversed into my bank account (3 days later) which I was told by the reception staff it would be done that day after I specifically enquired about it. Not happy Jan... that's my money these people are withholding, for no reason at all, after checking-out on time leaving no problems behind to warrant this kind of delay!! Lift your game APX you almost have everything right!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms away from the elevators like we did...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Theresa S

Reviewed January 18, 2014

The receptionist was really nice and the location was good, we got a fairly good rate and location was what we needed but that is the only good things I can say.

I took some pretty disgusting pictures of the room...food and mess under couch and bed, carpet didn’t look vacuumed! Holes in the curtains that wouldn’t close properly and didn’t block any light...broken curtain rods, door onto balcony didn’t close properly. Air conditioner unit leaking on balcony creating electrical and slip hazards. Glass around balcony not secure – rubber missing and loose, tissues or paper pushed in to brace it at 14 floors up!!! Maybe that was where all the toilet paper went as there was only one roll in the room that was ¾ finished and no spare! King bed was two separate beds?!? The view was of the apartments across the lane but we could see a bit of water looking right!

The bathroom was tiny with a really small corner shower - when I booked I had mentioned my husband was in a wheelchair and asked about ease of access etc. and was advised we would have a room with a shower he could use, this was not the case.

The garage stank and the smell came up through the elevator - to be expected in China town.

The $200 credit card authorisation was actually debited from my account and two days later I was advised when I questioned it that it would take 3-5 working days to be refunded? That is not an overnight holding deposit in my opinion!

We would hesitate to return to this establishment other than to get a really cheap rate so that we are close to China Town and Darling Harbour.

Room Tip: Get a room up high on the south side and insist on an upgrade to a newer room if it is revolting! Se...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveling_with_MS

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at APX Apartments Darling Harbour. Please accept my most sincere apologies for your dissatisfaction with your recent experience. It is clear that we have failed deliver to you a truly enjoyable and memorable experience and for that, I sincerely apologise.

Your comments have certainly outlined areas for improvement and I have addressed each of the areas with the relevant department managers.

In the meantime; thank you again for taking the time to write.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Reception was fine, with excellent staff who cannot have an easy job. The 1st room we got was very tired but on request we were moved to a nicer room, although our new room was adjacent to the tired on it was far superior, amazing what a bit of TLC did. I Suppose all rooms will eventually be tidied up and redecorated.
Price was steep over the New Year period but I suppose the market dictates what you charge.
Good central location

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Coniston53
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We are some FRENCH, TAHITIANS customers who were to APX APARTMENTS two weeks ago. I try to give all of the future customers our reviews in English. This is an apartments very well, the employees, as ASIM & SHIELA are very very KING. In the room, it is very big, and confortable. We are very happy to be there and if one day we will return there, without réflexions, we will be return. Big congratulations for you, and thank you soo much to ASIM and SHIELA.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ARAPARI M
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed here on the 31st of Dec - 2nd of Jan 2014. I work in a hotel and I am not the one to complain as I know some guest can be abit picky but our room was disgusting. I would not recommend you to anyone. I paid $600 a night and i understand you put your rates up because of new years but really? is it worth $600?

The day before arrival i called to confirm my booking and then i was told the parking has been changed to $100 a night but when i made the booking i was quoted $50 a night. maybe if you decided to change your rates...make it clear on your website and third party websites if it is different? because of this i did not budget to pay $200 for car parking so i had to change my plans the day before and get a bus instead!!

I took some pretty disgusting pictures of the room... I dont think the cleaners even changed the bedding from the person who stayed in the room before? the towels were not even folded! holes in the curtain... maybe if you are charging $600 a night use that money to improve your hotel!!!

The receptionist was really nice and the location was good but thats the only good thing i can say.

I really did not want to sleep in the hotel bed, i think sleeping in a hostel bed would have been better. Never again!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rebeccaandnathan
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

stayed here for new years eve 2014 for two nights at a cost of $1230.00 place is run down looks chatty got a free room upgrade to a disabled room awsome im not disabled absolute joke the hotel is located in dixon street right in china town noisy outside both nights i stayed here if you want a quiet place to sleep its not here loud most of night block out curtains dont cover the windows either fully oh and my double bed was two single mattress put together yet this is a 4 star hotel your joking this is 2 star at best ill never stay again at any apx apartments its run down cracks on walls inside room and in corridors needs a full repaint dirty lifts as well and noisy cleaners who sit outside ur room talking loudly dont exspect to sleep here worst hotel ive stayed at within sydney darling harbour area never again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends