APX Apartments Darling Harbour
$176
$215
$179
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$145
$137
  • Room Service
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$193
$164
$189
$180
  • Restaurant
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$144
$126
  • Pool
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$141
$136
  • Pool
All reviewsdixon streetdarling harbourexecutive studio apartmentgreat locationthese apartmentslarge balconychinatown areaasian foodchinese gardengenerous sizestay there againpaddy's marketbusiness tripa great place to staywashing machineroom was spaciousshort stroll
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at Quest on Dixon for two and half months during my recent business trip to Sydney. As everyone has mentioned, location is the major asset here, with so many happening places in the close vicinity. The staff is (like Sam,Ellen) courteous and friendly. Exec studio was well equipped with full kitchen, well lit room, spacious patio/balcony, good facility (cleaning) services. I stayed on 2nd floor and enjoyed the view of the 'busy' Dixon st over each weekend (it was well quiet otherwise)
The only thing I would like to mention is, though my room was booked with unlimited broadband internet, the internet passcode used to expire frequently and I had to get it reset (but yes, they used to reset it very quickly)
And yes, one more, since I had a late night check in, though I had confirmed prior to my travel about adequate arrangements for my after-hours check in, there was no one at the front desk and I had to seek help from one tenant to make a call to the on-call reception to have me check-in.
Apart from that, my entire stay was hassle free and enjoyed the long stay at this Serviced Apt. Thank you Quest for making my trip a memorable and cherishable.

Room Tip: Either book rooms on 2nd/3rd floor to have a nice overview of the Dixon St, or opt for the top floor. The floors in between (like 4th to 10th maybe) look directly into the appartments on opposite side of the street.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Prasad A
Nick T, Manager at APX Apartments Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Prasad,

Thank you for your favorable comments and I am delighted to hear that all aspects of your stay were met to your satisfaction. I am pleased to hear that your overall experience with us was positive and thank you for your highlights on our great location, lovely views, and the welcoming service of our associates, most especially Sam and Ellen. I appreciate you comment with regards to internet passcode which has shared to the right department.
An after hour check in is always available at the Quest on Dixon. After hour number is available on on hour entrance door. Which has always been assisted by our sister company Quest On World Square. I have shared this comment to the right department for their attention

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was a great place to stay right in the heart of the beautiful city of Sydney! Self contained, convenient and comfortable as well as close to everything the city has to offer. Easy walking distance to Darling Harbour, George Street cinemas, entertainment centre.

Room Tip: We stayed on 4th floor. Quiet. Felt secure.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Janine W

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and taking the time to post your views online. Indeed, many of our guests have commented on our great location and I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and the comfort of your room.

I do hope that when you venture to Sydney again you may enjoy our hospitality once more

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Reasonable price for what you get. Very large room (but I wonder for what purpose), noisy balcony that from the 6th floor looked directly into the apartments opposite. Pleasant staff but this is not a hotel.....it's a block of serviced apartments.
Servicing rooms was always late .... but if you're out and about, this is not so important. Worse bedmaking ever!
Great location....handy to Sydney's free bus loop. About a 10 minute walk to Central station.
Plenty of great cheap eating nearby if you like Asian food (which I do). The Uyghur restaurant right next door is a real treat for anyone who likes Xinjiang food. (Avoid the dreadful Japanese place right next door to this unless you're looking for cold cabbage and rice at $12.00 a bowl) and atrocious disinterested service.
Yeah...I'd go back. Sydney's overpriced but this place is more than adequate and a great location.

Room Tip: Looks like permanent residents have the higher floors with views. You might be lucky if you ask.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback regarding your stay with us on Tripadvisor.

We certainly appreciate the feedback which will be relayed back to the team and we also thank you for your loyalty. Once again, thank you so much for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Sydney.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised. its a nice little apartment hotel. We had all we needeed to get ourselves breakfast. A lovely large balcony. The sliding doors were good sound proofing for the most part.
Situated at the beginning of China Town and a bridge that takes you into the Darling Harbour / cockle bay restaurant area

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Wendy066
Nick T, Manager at APX Apartments Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to write your review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our accommodation to your satisfaction. We look forward to receiving the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Cristine Palmero

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights.

Positives:
Location. Just a stroll to Darling Harbour.
Size of rooms - they were more then generous in size and a large balcony. Rare to ever find rooms this big!
Reception staff were friendly.

Negatives:

Beds. They were a big negative. We ended up with two singles, (meant to be a double room). This we could cope with but one sank to the floor when you sat on it. The bedding (sheets, pillowcases) were old and worn with holes or small rips.

Self Catering - It was good for boiling some eggs for breakfast, but that is as far as you could take it. There was a microwave and a portable hotplate in the cupboard, plus all the crockery and pots and utensils - just not set up for self catering.

Cleanliness - Wasn't filthy - just wasn't clean. When there's hairs in the bathroom its not that pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear JeremyEdwardsTas, I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. I have noted your comment in regards to the service, facility and amenities in the hotel. I have addressed your comments with the team and would like to assure you that the same shall receive our topmost priority attention.
Kind regards; Cristine Palmero