“Good value and convenient location ”

Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney
Ranked #75 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
“Good value and convenient location ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for clean and comfortable in a quiet but convenient location the Aspire Hotel fits the bill. It is old and dated but the rooms are big and were serviced everyday with fresh bed linen and towels. If you walk around the corner there is a covered walkway next to the power house museum this is a great shortcut to China Town and the light rail stop which goes to central station. Walk the other way at the end of the walkway and in around 8 mins you are at Darling Harbour. If you want value for money with no frills then would recommend. We stayed for 4 nights.

Stayed July 2014
Ricky R, Manager at Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Willosa,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your recent stay in Aspire Hotel Sydney and for the time taken to leave your feedback. We are glad that you have overall enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that you had a nice time in Sydney.

The quiet and convenient location of our property is something which preferred especially by guests who have events to attend in the nearby area and also by guests who want to visit Sydney’s most famous landmarks because where are located close to CBD. Also we are currently looking into a gradual refurbishment of the hotel, and we hope to further provide guests with more comfortable stays.

We look forward to your visit with us in the future.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Well priced (for Sydney) but eighties-style hotel in need of update, although was quite clean. My bed was sagging. Shower was hopeless, just a trickle from unusual nozzle with water going hot & cold. Ended up using my friends room. Breakfast was very basic, we were usually the only ones in restaurant, hmmm. Constant mooing sound all the time, sounded like my mother-in-law, but I think it was the lift mechanism. Tried to charge me for breakfast after I had booked & paid with breakfast rate included. Dropped parking fees for that inconvenience ($24 per night), nice gesture. Parking area a little tight for larger vehicles.Staff were friendly & helpful. Checkout time at 11am a bonus. Situated on quiet residential street.

Dear Bigstevo48,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

In regards to your feedback about different issues that you experienced during your stay with us, I apologize for the inconvenience they may have caused. I have passed all your concerns to the proper Departments and will review and take action as we do value all our guests’ comments

I hope that this information has assisted you with your concerns. And we are happy to see that overall you have had a pleasant stay with us again.

Once again the staff and I at the Aspire Hotel Sydney would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on the property and we appreciate your feedback. Also I hope that we will be able to welcome you again at the hotel the next time you visit Sydney.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We were dropping the in-laws at the airport on the Sunday so we stayed in Sydney Saturday night. We wanted somewhere cheap and close to town. We found the rooms dated but clean. The street was amazingly quiet for the city - I always take earplugs but I didn't need them at all. The late checkout (11am) was great. We walked to the casino, it took about 20 easy minutes, and Darling Harbour was even closer. They had their own secure parking, $26. Not recommended for luxury or romantic getaways but the large rooms and proximity to town means we will definitely stay here again

Stayed June 2014
Ricky R, Manager at Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear KarlzyP,

We look forward to your visit with us in the future.

Ultimo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

Great location, Place is starting to be dated and we found that there was a lack of hot water to the point the it ran out one morning. Breaky is good value. Hotel was close to the Capitol Theatre and Darling Habour.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Wayne S,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking time to give us your feedback. I am sorry that your recent stay did not meet the standards that you had experienced on your previous stay with us.

In regards to your feedback about hot water issue, I apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused. After we received your review, I have advised our Maintenance Department of this issue and have taken the necessary measures to rectify it.

The staff and I at the Aspire Hotel Sydney would like to thank you again for taking the time to comment on the property and we appreciate your kind feedback. Also I hope that we will be able to welcome you again at the hotel the next time you visit Sydney.

kincumber
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Close to Darling Harbour , reasonably priced, clean and reasonably priced undercover parking. The staff are friendly and helpful.Chinatown is just down the road for great chinese food. A short walk to Central station

Dear jennyKincumber,

The staff and I at Aspire Hotel Sydney are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel.

Many of our guests choose to stay at the Aspire Hotel based on our quiet and convenient location, and we try our best to meet our guests’ needs. We are currently looking into a gradual refurbishment of the hotel, and we hope to further provide guests with more comfortable stays

Rosebud, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Three nights in Sydney at The Aspire Hotel was relaxing, convenient and very affordable. The staff from the moment we made inquiries about staying there to when we checked out were informed, polite and ever helpful. We found the hotel on a website but on contacting the hotel directly, we were able to get a much better deal. Proximity to Darling Harbour, and Chinatown (Old and New) involves a ten to fifteen minute walk. The street is so quiet, hard to believe you are so close to the Chinatown/Darling Harbour! Car parking at the hotel is great, unless you are driving a large four wheel drive. The staff again are very helpful, approachable and easily as professional as those at five star hotels. If you would like affordable clean accommodation close to Chinatown/Darling Harbour, quiet and restful sleep and value car parking and great service, then see what these friendly people can do for you.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Plankman66,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking time to give us a wonderful feedback from your recent with us at Aspire Hotel Sydney. And we are so thrilled and glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Many of our guests choose to stay at the Aspire Hotel based on our quiet and convenient location, and we try our best to meet our guests’ needs. We always try to offer a great value for money accommodation with a friendly service to all our guests.

I am glad that our staff were able to help you with your requests and I will be sure to pass on your comments to them.

The staff and I at the Aspire Hotel Sydney would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on the property and we appreciate your kind feedback.

Once again thank you for taking the time and effort to leave a review of our hotel. I hope that we will be able to welcome you again at the hotel the next time you visit Sydney.

Palmerston North, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed 6 nights in a triple room (myself,husband and 10yr old son) and it was really good. Very well priced with good service. Décor is getting a bit tired but you're not paying top dollar so don't expect the flashest surroundings. The location is easy walking distance to Darling Harbour shops, China Town, Paddy's market. We even walked back from the Opera House without too much effort - our son doesn't like too much walking but even he did it easily!
Would recommend if you are wanting spend you money on activities rather than fancy accommodation. Room was spacious and kept very clean every day. Would stay again.
There also a great café (Caffetini) around the corner for breakfast. The hotel breakfast would be the only negative (a bit greasy and not a lot offered)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ricky R, Manager at Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Kristin B,

Thank you for your recent stay in Aspire Hotel Sydney and for the time taken to leave your feedback. We are glad that you have overall enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that you had a nice time in Sydney. We always try to offer a great value for money accommodation with a friendly service to all our guests.

In regards to your feedback about breakfast issue, I apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused. After we received your review, I have spoken to our Food and Beverage staff about this issue and I can assure you that we take your feedback very seriously to improve our service for our future and returning customers.