“Great value & location”

Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney
Ranked #38 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I spent a week at the Aspire over the New Year period, with my husband and brother. It seemed to be the best priced/best value option at that time & we were not disappointed. The room was very spacious, easily accomodating the 3 of us, clean and had good aircon plus all the essentials that we wanted.
The hotel is located in a quiet, yet very convenient location.
It is an older, basic style hotel, but has what you need for a comfortable stay.
On New Years we received a free gift of chocolates & wine - which was a lovely gesture.
I recommend it if you are not fussy & looking for simple value. could stay there again on our next trip to Sydney.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Mishimaro
Ricky R, Manager at Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

The staff and I at Aspire Hotel Sydney are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel.

Many of our guests choose to stay at the Aspire Hotel based on our quiet and convenient location, and we try our best to meet our guests’ needs.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you again at the hotel the next time you visit Sydney.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

My first room was so hot that i couldn't breathe no matter what i did to the air-condition, and the couch had a weird stain. After complaining i received a second room with a working air-condition. The hotel is worn down, keycards to the doors doesn't work before you have swiped 10+ times and the elevator doors are the most slow i have ever seen.
Furthermore there is no internet in the rooms as promised on the website, only guaranteed in the lobby. After complaining, the asian dude in the reception did not give a damn. That is simply not acceptable as i needed connection in my room for some work.

On the positive side: my room was large, clean and comfortable. Pretty much the same standard as other Australian hotels in that price range i have visited. The bathtub was nice after some long walks in the Sydney summer sun. The neighborhood is boring but in very close walking distance to Chinatown.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Jesper L
Ricky R, Manager at Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Jesper L,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking time to give us your feedback and sincerely apologize for your stay with us whilst you are in Sydney.
We can assure you that we take your feedback seriously to improve our service for our future customers.

In regards to your feedback about air conditioning issue, we would like to inform you that our air conditioning suffered a catastrophic failure Once we identified the issue, a mechanic was contacted to rectify the problem. Unfortunately, a new part was required to fix the machinery and our air conditioning was disabled during your stay.

Secondly, in regards to your feedback about the condition of the room door, I apologize for the inconvenience caused. After we received the e-mail from you, we have been advised to our Maintenance Manager and we have taken the necessary measures to fix it straight away as soon as was notified. Also we are setting new Maintenance procedures to prevent that this matter happens again in the future.

We hope to see you in the future and allow us to apologise personally, therefore should you be coming back to the city, please do not hesitate to contact us directly on reservations@aspirehotel.com

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking to stay in the Darling Harbour area but don't wish to pay a lot, then Aspire is for you! Situated a few streets above the Harbour in a quiet leafy street, it is an easy walk to the theatre, Paddy's Market, Darling Harbour and Central Station. Although the hotel and rooms are a little dated, our stay was very comfy and the rooms clean. Breakfast - cooked or continental is available downstairs at a very reasonable cost. Nice in one way to be slightly away from the crowds. Would recommend this hotel if looking for something value for money but still clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank mi55y66
Ricky R, Manager at Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Value Guest,

The staff and I at the Aspire Hotel Sydney would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on the property and we appreciate your kind feedback.

The quiet and convenient location of our property is something which preferred especially by guests who have events to attend in the nearby area. We are currently looking into a gradual refurbishment of the hotel, and we hope to further provide guests with more comfortable stays. I am glad that staffs were able to help you with your requests and I will be sure to pass on your comment to our staff.

Kind regards

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Advertised as having balconies however there was no outdoor setting not even a chair to sit on. The property is quite dated but the location was fantastic, easy stroll to Chinatown,entertainment centre, Darling harbour etc. I would definitely stay again but only if I got the right deal.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Grantsean
Ricky R, Manager at Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Grantsean,
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking time to give us your feedback and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We always try to offer the best possible rates to our customers and we have specials for early bookings.

I hope that this information has assisted you with your concerns.

Once again thank you for taking the time and effort to leave a review of our hotel.
We look forward to your visit with us in the future.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

The bathroom fan wasnt working even when I reported neither it got fixed or they reply to me to say when it will get fixed.

Plus the lifts weren't working properly and the lifts door would open with delay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Sasha M

Dear Shasha M,

Thank you for your feedback and recent stay with us. I am sorry that your stay did not meet the expectations you had or the quality that we want to offer to all our guests.

Please accept my apology for the unhappy experience with our bathroom fan and lift door. I have passed this comment to our Maintenance Department and will review and take actions as we do value all our guests' comments.

Once agian, I do apoligize for the issues you experienced and I hopa that this information has assisted you with your concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact our Reservation Team for any further assistance.

We do hope to welcome you back again in the future.
Regards,

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed here for a few nights on a recent visit to Sydney. The rooms are clean, large and have character. The views from the balcony were fine, but there was nothing to sit on. Furnishings are a bit dated, but comfortable. Location is ideal - we walked back from Newtown one night just for the sake of it. All in all a comfortable stay and excellent value for the price.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking time to give us a wonderful feedback from your recent with us at Aspire Hotel Sydney. And we are so thrilled and glad that you have enjoyed your stay with Aspire Hotel Sydney.

Thank you again for taking the time and effort to leave a review of our hotel.
We look forward to your visit with us in the future.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The hotel offers value for money, clean and comfy rooms. but you need to walk or catch a bus etc
to get to the Sydney CBD and attractions such as Darling Harbour or Paddy's Markets.

The hotel is dated and the furniture in the room we had was a bit worse for wear but the room
was serviced daily and the bed was comfy.

There were sliding doors to a balcony which was good in the leafy shady environment and gave the room a nice airy feel to it with the door open.

Not recommended for the more discerning fussy person but we enjoyed our short stay there and our very reasonable price full breakfast.

The staff were excellent and we would definitely return.

Yes the place is a bit dated but if you like older places and are prepared to overlook some things then the building offers a unique comfy feel to it.

The area around the hotel (Ultimo) is a very interesting area and is a blend of old and new.

Room Tip: No advice here we take pot luck when we book