“Good but?”

Ranked #77 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Armidale
“Good but?”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hotel is in a good location, walking distance to the city but in a quiet street. My room was spacious and had a nice view over Glebe. I have one quibble and that is that the air-conditioning did not seem to be capable of adjustment and it was cold in the room. This would have been ok except there was no spare blanket so my sleep was a bit interrupted.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor on the western (Glebe) side
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Ian S
Ricky R, Manager at Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at the Aspire Hotel Sydney. It is through such feedback that we can isolate issues and areas in need of attention.
I am pleased that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and could walk around the CBD area during your stay.

In regards to the extra blankets in the rooms please be assured I have passed your feedback to the Executive Housekeeper to follow up on this incident and verify the condition of the room.

The Hotel has a program in place which focuses on improvements being made to our highly used rooms to ensure it is well maintained and looked after as per our three and a half star standards.
This is obviously not up to the standard that I expect. Please do accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience and disappointment caused during your stay.
I would really appreciate it if you could contact me, if your feel inclined to do so. I would like to get some more information so I can make sure that this does not happen again, plus I also would like the opportunity to formally apologize.

Thank you again for the feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Maili, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We got robbed here and so did some one else. i had my laptop stolen and the hotel didn't want to pay more than $100 even though its possible that the robbers were helped by staff as I was on the third floor.
I was actully enjoying being there before that happened as it was cheap and a good central location

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Brandon R

Travelers are raving about these Sydney hotels

nsw
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We have stayed at this motel on several ocassions.Rooms are clean very spacious and quiet at all times.Short walk to sydneys attractions. Bus stop 100m from motel. Budget price for the area.Will be staying there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank funnytime
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Aspire Hotel Sydney. We were delighted to read your positive comments about your experience with us.

I will share your comments about the cleanliness of the room with our Housekeeping staff; it is always good to pass on positive feedback.

Thank you again for taking the time and effort to leave a review of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Aspire Hotel Sydney !
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights prior to a cruise. The hotel is of an acceptable standard and the location is great ,handy to light rail, monorail bus and train. For a short stopover or as a base to see Sydney you could do a lot worse.Many attractions are close by, Darling harbour , Star City, Chinatown and more.Iwould have no hesitation using this property again,it depends on your personal needs,you get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AussietourerPerth
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at the Aspire Hotel Sydney. It is through such feedback that we can isolate issues and focus on areas in need of attention.

Thank you again for taking the time and effort to leave a review of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Sydney!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Had a lovely stay at the hotel but everytime we got directions from their staff we were sent in the wrong direction on told to get on the wrong public transport.

Hotel rooms were clean and very spacious. Staff were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Pittypat2503
Ricky R, Manager at Metro Aspire Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Pittypat2503,

Upon reading your review I was concerned to learn of your comment in regards to the wrong direction . Please be assured I have passed your comments to the Front Office Manager to ensure they are well maintained with relevant information and guest must be looked after.

I do apologise for any disappointment this matter may have caused you and thank you for bringing them to our attention.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Aspire Hotel Sydney and show you our true service.
Nambour, Australia
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed 4 nights and whilst the rooms are dated, they are larger than average and all facilities were clean. Queen bed was very good. Staff were obliging. Was nice to have a balcony and being able to open an outside door and get fresh air was a bonus when compared to other more modern hotels. The carpark facility under the building was also a bonus - not offered by many other CBD hotels. We considered it to be a great quiet location and good value for the price we paid and was much cheaper than most of the competitors. Would definitely go there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Boots255093
Dear Guest,

I will share your comments about the cleanliness of the room with our Housekeeping staff, it is always good to pass on positive feedback.

Most of our rooms at the hotel have balcony Car parking spaces are available and guaranteed for the hotel guest.

Thank you again for taking the time and effort to leave a review of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Sydney!
Singapore
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Pros: great location. Ten minute walk to Chinatown, fifteen to Darling Harbor. Walk out the door and there is a nice quite corner coffee shop.

Cons: pretty much everything else. Frankly, it's filthy. Could see mold outlines where people had been leaning up against wooden headboard. Bathroom towels stank so bad I preferred to dry off using yesterday's t-shirt. Everything is run down - shower tap wouldn't turn off, mattresses of goodness knows what vintage. I didn't see any bugs, but am sure there were plenty.

If you can get a crazy cheap deal, and just want a place to lay your head (preferably in a protective plastic covering) go for it. Otherwise, this place isn't cheap at any price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank 38Thomas
Dear Guest,

I was also concerned to learn of the room overall condition. This is definitely unacceptable and does not reflect our cleaning standards, Please be assured I have passed your feedback to the Executive Housekeeper to follow up on this incident and verify the condition of the room.

This is obviously not up to the standard that i expect. Please do accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience and disappointment caused during your stay.
I would really appreciate it if you could contact me,if your feel inclined to do so. I would like to get some more information so i can make sure that this does not happen again,plus I also would like the opportunity to formally apologize.

Thank you again for the feedback.