“great gluten free food”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great gluten free food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

So glad I saw the ad for this restaurant in the coeliac magazine, enjoyed a dinner there on Wednesday with my family.
The chef was very informative and suggested interesting and varied dishes that we could all share. The food was gluten free and he provided me with scrumptious bread to have with a more-ish eggplant dip. The meat balls were exceptionally tasty and all the ice creams were
delicious and a perfect end to the meal. I was the only one that needed gluten free but the seven of us are looking forward to our next visit.
Gwyn

1 Thank Gwyn B

Sydney, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My best birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

I had my 60th birthday in this little persian restaurant last Friday unforgettable food divine service number one the lady owner adorable. My best time ever

1 Thank Emroya
“Beautiful as a dream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Don't miss out the range of foods and the nice atmosphere in Persian Room. "King Tray" shines among all the foods I have tried in Sydney!
Friendly staff, good quality service, and delicious foods. Had a very amazing night there...

“Food Quality”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

My partner and I went there for dinner. After 40 minutes we were finally served our food.
The Kebab was great but as soon as we tasted Gormeh Sabzi I spat it out. The lamb in it tasted like rotten meat, reminded of me the smell of dead cat in the Garage!
Worse than that was the attitude of the shop owner. Their response to our complaint and I quote " Have you had Gormeh Sabzi before? It's perfectly fine! A family with Kids Just ordered it and they were happy" She did not even try to smell and taste it and instead tried to make us feel guilty because it was her recipe. And they Charged us the full amount which was rude. I think that explains why they were empty.
Worse dinner ever, will never go back there again

3 Thank Rez M
“Possibly the worst experience I've ever had in a restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

We made a booking only to arrive on the day and be told we had to order the banquet for 80 per head because it was Persian New Year. I was never clearly told this when I booked and one had to go beyond the front page of their website to discover this. We waited an hour for the entre to arrive and it was almost 3 hours and the mains had not arrived. None of the staff made any effort to interact with us after we were seated and the wait wring of a packed restaurant was done by one person! The owner. After almost 3 hours waiting I understandably lost patience and asked for the bill as we were leaving. They then tried charging us the full price of 540 for drinks and entres! When I criticised this a young friend of the owner came up and started to sarcastically insult me. I was told by the chef not to raise my voice, even though I was just speaking in a naturally assertive but polite manner given the circumstances. The chef became threatening pointing at us and some of my guests felt threatened and intimidated. The owner then started complaining about 'our attitude' and the previous courtesy was replaced by impatience. This was also my aunts birthday. I don't think I've ever had such a negative, unprofessional and bizzare experience in a restaurant.

• Visited March 2014