“Out there hotel in great location”
Review of QT Sydney

QT Sydney
Ranked #12 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Recently stayed for five nights in this hotel on a Virgin Airlines package. The hotel is in a very central location and hence all Sydney's attractions are in easy reach. Our room was unusual in its decor but very comfortable and fun for the five nights. The breakfast was outstanding and of real top restaurant quality. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay at the QT again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Dearest QT Sydney guest,

Thanks so much for a brilliant shout out! We love that you loved us and look forward to seeing you again soonest.

There are newer reviews for QT Sydney

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Brilliant location that cannot be beaten - right opposite QVB. Very funky hotel with luxury written all over it. Being in the elevator is like being in a club with neon lights and daft punk. Holograms await you in the hallway. Very comfortable trendy rooms with new amenities in the bathroom. Beautiful spa downstairs. I loved every second of it.

I can understand if it's too 'a la mode' for some but for me it was perfect!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 27, 2014

My husband, 10 year old son and I stayed here for five nights during the school holidays and loved it. The door women were friendly and bell hops were all very obliging and quick to get the luggage to and from our rooms. The reception was friendly and helpful. The breakfast menu at Gownings was healthy and delicious and the service staff very quick, efficient and friendly to. The décor was amazing and very different to the usually hotel decors. The lifts were fun and the use of the original features of the building/s incorporated into the new hotel very clever. The rooms were clean and very comfortable with great use of ambient lighting and eclectic décor. The inroom coffee machine was a nice feature as was the little notes telling us what the items were for. Free movies are an added bonus. I went to the Spa and enjoyed the sauna facility and fantastic facial. The location is great, very easy to get to and very central, only a 15min walk to the Rocks and Circular quay, and the QVB right across the road. There wasnt a gym but I heard that that was on the cards and there was access to the Virgin Gym in Pitt St Mall. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone for either a weekend getaway or longer!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stay in the QT every time we travel into Sydney. The rooms are funky, the music great and the breakfast at Gowlings is pretty good.

However the best part of the stay here is the silence - the rooms are quiet. You cant hear a sound. The rooms are dark and the bed is comfy. You are guaranteed to sleep well there.

On a separate note if you want to book into the day spa, book well and truly in advance as it is very hard to get in.

Also the rates are very reasonable for the quality of the room and the location (central to everything)

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I have found my new inner Sydney hotel. We booked here to have easy access to the Entertainment Centre for a concert, so we didn't stay at my normal inner city hotel in Martin Place...and what a great stay we had. Wife and I for two nights mid-week. As noted in other reviews, the décor is very well done and there is plenty of style and atmosphere (loved the lift music and "exit tones"). Our room was large and comfortable, especially the modern and stunning bathroom. It was also extremely quiet - we were on the 9th floor but right on the corner of Market and George, but hardly heard a thing. Extremely comfortable beds and pillows meant a terrific sleep. The onsite restaurant did a great breakfast and was pumping for pre-dinner drinks. There is a small exercise room on the top floor (no windows, a few cardio machines and some free weights) - probably the only area it didn't quite measure up as a potential business hotel. Service was great and the location is very good. We'll be back for certain.

1  Thank torking

Dear guest,

Reviewed April 24, 2014

If you are after something different for your next Sydney stay this is the one for you. We were unsure because of the price, but decided to splurge and take a chance. It proved to be a great location and great place to stay. The staff were wonderful and we only had good encounters from all staff including front desk, room service, valet, all the door ladies and porters.

I was a little worried when we first arrived that we were in for a bad stay because of billing issues. I understand hotels take a pre-authorisation on your credit card that is usually equal to 1 night or $100 per night etc. So I was a bit shocked when I was told they charge the full amount and $200 bond for the pre-authorisation. Given the total amount and bond it was almost $2000 and our credit card limit is only $1000 we had difficulty working out how to get our room. We ended up paying in advance for a couple of nights and then one on the credit card with the bond.

Ok so once that drama was out of the way we went off to our room and had a lovely stay. We stayed in the corner suite on the 9th floor and really enjoyed the room. It has been well done to keep in style with the original design, while making it convenient and funky. The room is open plan even with the option of opening up the mirrors to the bathroom, a nice feature I felt, but it can also be as private as you want by completely closing off. The bathroom was well designed, little things made this a smart bathroom, like having separate taps for the 2 different shower heads and not having to be under the water before you can turn it on. The deep Japanese bath tub was wonderful, but I wish it had a step to get in for shorties :)

The bed was very soft, I am used to a firm mattress, but slept soundly each night without waking once. Some traffic noise could be heard on the 9th floor, but mainly loud vehicles like firetrucks or hoons. Pretty rare though. The room was dark enough that we slept in past 9am each day which is very rare for us.

We used the valet service, which was $69 a day. There is a car park around the corner at the Hilton on Pitt St, but you are paying for the convenience of taking your car out whenever you want and having it delivered to your doorstep. The car delivery takes about 15mins in normal traffic, but up to 30mins in peak traffic. So just be sure to call ahead.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor for noise reduction.
1  Thank macruc

Dear gorgeous QT Sydney guest,

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I chose this place because my partner and I wanted a comfortable, hip, masculine place to stay on my first visit to Sydney. This place is amazing. It was superbly decorated and every detail was thought of. It was fun to relax in the huge tubs or to shower in the rain showers. There was a martini mixing station in our room as well as a fully stocked bar with snacks as well. Plenty of storage for our clothes and luggage. The property was quiet and very plush. We ate breakfast in the restaurant every morning and the food was expensive but delicious. Something else that I liked was the location. Not knowing Sydney, I was nervous about being too far from Circular Quay or other sites. We found everything was esay to walk too...especially Darling Harbor and cabs and buses were abundant. During my visit I inadvertantly left some expensive personal items behind. When I discovered that I'd left them, I called the hotel and let them know. They'd found my items and cheerfully agreed to mail them to me at my next stop in Melbourne at their expense. I love this hotel and hope to return to stay again on my next visit to SYD.

Room Tip: To get a large tub as well as a walk in shower, ask for one of the larger king rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple