“Almost perfect”

Ranked #12 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Adelaide, Australia
“Almost perfect”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed at the QT during March. The location is fantastic, basically at the end of the Pitt Street Mall with numerous shopping, eating and drinking options close by. Also under 10 minutes easy walk to Darling Harbour, 15 mins to Rocks/Circular Quay and 5 minutes to St James Station which is on the airport train line. We were in a king deluxe room which on a corner, had nice views up Market St and the Sydney Tower. For where the hotel is situated, the room was really quiet and when you add the dark curtains & soft bed, we slept really well every night. The room was amazingly decorated, clean, and included all the things you would expect to get from a 5 star hotel, minus the slippers which is a bit of a strange necessity from a 5 star hotel for me....the rest of the hotel was great, beautiful spaces and very clever design which gave it a real character.

Our package included breakfast in Gowings Restaurant, which was awesome. The food and service was generally excellent, although the level of service did drop a tad on the last morning when they were a bit busier, but that was not a major issue. The rest of the service in the hotel was on a whole really good, although some staff gave a lot more than others. Not a big deal, but if all the staff were like the concierge staff (I think her name was Naomi in particular), my review would be saying that the hotel was perfect.

Had a great time & would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Sydney, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dearest QT Sydney guest,

Thanks so much for a brilliant shout out! We love that you loved us and look forward to seeing you again soonest.

QT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I spend 4 days on a business travel in this great hotel. The staff was really friendly and made my stay very good. The style of the rooms are brilliantly decorated. Great dining in the bar and even better busy morning atmosphere in the Parlour Café down stairs. I used the barber shop once for a hair ct and a shave and it was a true pleasure. I certainly come back next time

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Casper72
Dearest QT Sydney guest,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The QT is the only hotel that I've stayed at that hits every sweet spot. I travel a lot for business, and before the QT I hadn't stayed somewhere that had everything right. They literally have it all covered.

Aesthetics - the place looks amazing.
Sophistication - it feels premium from the moment you come out of the elevator.
Practicality - in room everything is laid out perfectly (including usual pet peeve; lack of accessible power points).
The nice touches - Free wifi, Pay TV, movies etc.
Restaurant - this isn't just some hotel bar and restaurant. It's a destination in it's own right.
Service - the people working there are friendly enough, though the best bit is you hardly need them because everything is so well run.
Location - right on George and Market street. Everything is accessible.

Our company has made the move to QT and, as long as it remains this good, I see no reason to go anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank The_AU_Traveller
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Sydney, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear past QT Sydney guest,

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Situated in the historic Gowings Building, QT Sydney surely took my breath away the moment when I laid my eyes on its dazzling exterior. We were led to the lift by a dressed-up meeter and greeter at the door. Mind you, the lift has the ability to detect the number of people inside and plays tunes accordingly. Check-in took place at the hotel foyer on level two and the process was a breeze. We were assigned to a room in their ‘old wing’ that offers a view of the QVB. Rooms in the old wing also have hardwood flooring instead of carpet, which I much prefer. The only downside to that was the hotel didn’t provide any slippers and during our stay in winter, it was quite cold walking around the room.

I thought that the hotel room itself was quite spacious given the standard of hotel rooms in Australia. The design was funky throughout and I especially liked the bathroom with the spacious freestanding bathtub. Nice touches such as the DIY cocktail kit can also be found throughout the room. The bed was extremely comfortable and I found the room to be really quite at night.

The hotel also offers awesome spa and barber services, and I sure had the pleasure of enjoying a fantastic spa treatment at SpaQ after a scrumptious breakfast at the Gowings Bar & Grill.

I would recommend that guests take some time to walk around the hotel given everything from vintage suitcases to LED installations and couches covered by colourful velvet fabrics; indeed every corner has something that will catch your eye. Although no evening turndown was provided, our two night stay at the hotel stay was still a memorable one and the experience was enhanced by the friendliness and efficiency of the hotel staff.

For photos, please check out my travel blog:

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear gorgeous QT Sydney guest,

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my mum and sister for 2 nights and we all loved the hotel. Room was big and had luxurious touches. Beds were plush and the bathroom was huge. Recommend Gowings for dinner. Service at this hotel was great. Will stay here again!

Stayed March 2014
Dear past QT Sydney guest,

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed here for one night for a nice romantic getaway to celebrate our wedding anniversary...first time in 2 years without any kids! For this reason, I talked my husband into staying at the QT based on the reviews about it being so different. We generally stay at the other popular 5 star hotels chains but thought the room decor would be a nice change...and it was. The room was lovely and had a very 'romantic' feel to it. Unfortunately for us, we got room 320 which was right next to the lifts...and here lies the problem...we heard the lifts going up and down ALL night! Considering we were here in the hope of having a very good nights sleep away from the baby and toddler...it was very disappointing...we paid for one night of uninterrupted sleep and what we got was a whole lot if noise and rumbling! We also had dinner at the restaurant which was ok, but for the prices being charged not really worth it. We called after 6 to reserve a table and after 4 attempts, we called reception who had to put us though to the restaurant, and the girl I spoke to (Kat) was very condescending and rude...she made me feel like I was annoying her, and made me feel silly when I have her our room number instead of phone number (ok Kat, I couldn't hear u with ur mumbling) even my husband was shocked at how rude she was as she was on speaker phone. Wasn't looking forward to going down and seeing her, kind of like going to someone's house for dinner and u don't really want to be there, which was a bad start to our dinner. The waiter however was really nice, we were glad we werent waited on by Kat throughout the night. Overall, ok stay, but for the price we paid for 1 night (almost $500 including valet parking) I would expect a good nights sleep and wonderful service. We weren't even asked about how our stay was when we were checking out...very cold as though we were making a transaction at the bank. I would like to say that I would come back..Perhaps if we would have stayed in a room away from the lifts and Kat wasn't rostered on for the night I would have (and reccommended it to my family and friends) but unfortunately first impressions last.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear QT Sydney guest,

We appreciate your feedback and will take time to run through it with our team.

With warmest regards,

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We chose the QT because we were seeing a show at the State Theatre, right next door. We were a family of two adults and two teenagers and stayed in a room with two double beds which was plenty big enough for the four of us. From the moment we pulled up to drop our car off for valet parking we were blown away by the friendliness and efficiency of the staff and by the amazing decor and ambience of the whole hotel. It has a very hip and funky vibe, but despite the fact we were in no way cool enough to be there (!) we never felt out of place because the staff were all so friendly and welcoming. We would return for this reason alone, but add in the great location in Market Street and we'll definitely be back whenever we can.
The only two negatives I would say are the softness of the beds (a very soft pillow top bed that was too soft for me) and the confusing lighting in the room (too many switches and lights, and yet still couldn't really get enough light in parts of the room). One major positive was how quiet and dark the room was. Even though we were right on Market St and only 5 floors up, we didn't hear a thing from outside, and the curtains did their job properly and blocked out all the light.
I can't wait to go back and stay there for longer.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank bookclubber13
sasrowlandsQT, at QT Sydney, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Heya bookclubber13,

Fab review! Wonder what show you saw? It's fun that you brought your kids with you to see a show, and even more fun that you can get your teenagers to travel with you and stay in the same room!

Sounds like you loved your stay. Thanks so much on the notes about the staff - they really are wonderful. The lighting is proving to be a difficult one! We are consistently working on itm so hopefully next time you are in town it will be perfecto.

Hope to see you again soonest.