“Sexy”

Ranked #13 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
Melbourne, Australia
“Sexy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Having stayed at QT Gold Coast, their Sydney property had been on my wish list. It is now my firm favourite. Packed with personality - everything you see and touch is super cool has been beautifully thought through and well executed - it is the antithesis of your standard hotel approach. If you like your hotels to be fun, funky and individual then this is the place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Sydney, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Dear gorgeous QT Sydney guest,

Thanks so much for a brilliant shout out! We love that you loved us and look forward to seeing you again soonest.

QT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We can't use just a word to describe QT. it's hip, design, friendly and comfy. The location is too perfect for tourist, a few minutes walk from the St James Station if you are arriving by City Link Rail, and it is close to most tourist spots like the Darling Harbour, Circular Quay and Fish Market. Take a walk if the weather is good.

The hotel itself is cool, comfortable bed, spacious bathroom, free wifi and a few free movies on demand. The only baddest is our room is facing another building, there is no view but this does not affect our choice at QT.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ricewood

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Do not stay in rm 401 as it backs on to an elevator shaft in the old Gowings building and is noisy all night. Bathrooms in Gowings rooms need better lighting for women trying to put makeup on, suggest QT get lighted magnifying mirrors as the LEDS are too soft. Gowings rms should come with slippers so you don't have to walk on the creaky floorboards.

Gowings bar and grill excellent. Beds very comfortable with choice of pillows. Wifi is free but you have to ask front desk for password. Wifi login details should be given to you with your key.

Room Tip: Stay state side
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank JLV643

Lancashire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

A unique and quirky hotel.
Service on check in was prompt and helpful (bags removed from taxi and taken to the room for us). Bedrooms are very spacious and high spec. Bed was very comfy and plenty of toiletries / towels etc. provided. Room service and the mini bar were reasonably priced with complimentary movies.
The whole hotel has huge amounts of character. The lift plays music according to how many people are in it, the lounge areas are comfy and cool.
General Staff were polite and very helpful on the whole. They stored our bags as we couldn't get a late check out due to the hotel being booked up.
The hotel is across the road from the swissotel, sydney tower and the Westfield shopping centre. Great location as its only a short walk to hyde park, darling harbour, the bridge and for the opera house.
The only disappointment was the service in the restaurant. I have realised that service in most of oz is laid back, however, one morning the chef pinged the bell for the waiting staff to collect an order (mine) from the pass and it sat for ages before someone came to get it. Had it been a busy morning I would have understood, but the restaurant was more or less empty! Needless to say, the breakfast was cold and congealed by the time it arrived at the table.
In summary, great hotel, breakfast not so good. I didn't try the spa.

Room Tip: We had the king room and it was massive!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kate874

Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I am having a 2 weeks business trip in sydney and QT is one of the choice that is close to my office. Having review all the comments in tripadvisor, I am a bit hesitate to choose QT with the concern of 1) bed being too soft and 2) rooms without sufficient lighting. Finally, I decided to give it a try given it is the first boutique hotel in the town.

My check-in experience was not that impressed. The reception lady was not friendly and I did not feel being welcome. As I arrived at around noon, my room(1108) was not ready and I was asked to come back at 1:30pm. When i returned at 2:30pm, that lady was not around and another guy in the reception advised that my room was still not ready and had helped me to search for another available room. He had given me room 515 and promised that if I am not happy with it, I can request for a change during my stay. I am pretty impressed by his attitude and being helpful.

I am not sure how 1108 looks like but I am very happy with my new room. It was not huge but the size is just about right. The deco is cozy and extraordinary. The view was not that splendid but it was not an issue to me. I am not sure if the lighting design in other room is different and mine is pretty sufficient. The bed and pillow is comfortable and just a bit softer than the heavenly bed in westin hotel. I slept very well so far these days.

Housekeeping staff are very smart, helpful and effective. Special thanks to Lawrence who tried his very best to replace my floor lamp which was not working. He really cares about the needs of customer and offering more than 5-stars service. Highly appreciated.

A minor comment that the hotel may consider is to include some hotel information, like history, hotel layout in the guest room. Today is my 5th day here and i am still puzzling of what is state room, what is gowning room. Besides, the top floor is 10/f, where is room 1108 which I was earlier assigned?

In general, my stay here is almost perfect and hope my check out would be smooth.

• Stayed August 2013

CBD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

QT HOTEL & RESTAURANT is a one off. No plush seating whilst waiting for a table, but interesting decor and way-out tastes.

You enter the hotel & restaurant via Market Street. You wish could have spent longer in the liift than it usually takes to reach the restaurant due to the most unusual and interesting decor. More like walking into a Gin Palace than on your way up to a restaurant in a 5 star hotel.

On our occasion the dinning room was packed with mostly businessmen lunching. We were seated on a table overlooking George Street, and next to four attractive females drinking Champagne, obviously celebrating one of their birthdays. We were quickly given menu's. Not the kind of menu one expects to being given in 5 star hotel restaurant. or one with such a diverse selection of cuisine.

Our waiter was quickly at our side giving details of all the specials as though there wasn't enough on the general menu to satisfy.

We started with Beer Steamed Prawn Cocktail in a Cocktail Sauce, Iceberg, Cucumber, Tomato,Tiny Shrimp, Prawns, Horseradish and a bowl of Mussels. The latter overwhelming due to the quantity. This main course followed with a large grilled Flounder with a large bowl of chips. Our other dish a Thick Free Range Berkshire Pork Chop Pan roasted with onions, fennel, egg plant and mustard sauce. The Flounder was delicious the Port Chop not so good.

The Sweet selection is superb with some of Sydney's most delicious and and original ; Best Berry Pudding - Double Baked Dark Chocolate Crème Brulée, with Last Seasons Sweet Marinated Cherries - Apple Crumble Flavours Sweet & Sour Apple Empanada, Peanut Brittle, Salted Caramel Ice-Cream, Apple Pickle, Caramel Cider being among the choices.

Wines can be ordered by the glass - carafe or bottle and the house wine excellent.

The room buzzed way beyond the normal times than upmarket restaurants now do in most cities. The service never stopped being excellent.

This is not a cheap restaurant, but for value and service, it is an excellent one and should not be missed if just a visitor. If a local and you've dined her, you'll know you've found a Gem!

I am told that the hotel is also doing well and in this this will son be appearing in our new guide nearing publication and called Simply the World's Best. Look for the review in TRIP ADVISOR

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RAY2975

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were a little confused about parking initially. I made a quick call to the front desk and they were really helpful with explaining the valet parking. The porters were so helpful and friendly. The room was beautiful and clean, the only downside is that the bathroom door once closed would open again almost immediately. But this didn't affect our stay. The first person that greeted us at the front desk was not friendly at all, however when checking out a lovely girl started a conversation and really improved my opinion of the service.

Overall a very quirky style hotel incorporating elements of its history as a theatre and department store in a very central location.

• Stayed August 2013