“Funky,Fun & Fabulous”
Review of QT Sydney

QT Sydney
Ranked #15 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed at the QT hotel Sydney for two nites. Excellent location for shopping,literally at your door step. Well appointed rooms and amenities. Well worth a stay to enjoy all the attractions in and around the city. Gowings bar and grill simply excellent.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Dear Dolly D,

Another quick and fantastic review. I love it! Also love that you loved us.

How amazing is Gowings Bar and Grill. That is one menu I will never tire of. I am in love with the scallops.

Please come again soon.

QT

Write a ReviewReviews (2,064)

Reviewed November 18, 2012

The hotel's decor is unique, glamorous, quirky and fun and the staff were friendly and helpful. I did encounter some hiccups during my 2 night stay. A staff member entered my room while I was changing for lunch! My room service club sandwich arrived without the promised shoestring fries - so sad. However, it was absolutely delicious and was served in a tray that encouraged dining in bed. The bed is definitely one of the highlights! The following day when I returned from a morning of shopping I was disappointed to find that my room had not been made up. A call to housekeeping rectified the situation and the room was attended to whilst I spent a couple of hours at the Day Spa. There are no problems down in the spa. The space is super clean and luxurious. I enjoyed the worlds greatest facial with Karen. I tried the Kirsten Florian K lift and it was really relaxing and very effective. I couldn't really see the improvement until I got home - the lighting in the room is really dim (don't even attempt a smokey eye). But, at home my skin was mega plumped and my nana neck had morphed into a tight chin and jawline. Yippee. So, then onwards to cocktails and dinner in the Gowings Bar and Grill. My girlfriends and I loved the cocktails. The restaurant called us to advise that our table would be ready early so we trotted downstairs. When they finally found our booking and seated us we then waited 40 minutes before anyone took our order. The case of the disappearing waiter? Ordering drinks was equally challenging and our entrees arrived before we had even ordered our wine! I recommend the utterly sublime reworked prawn cocktail. It was served with a house made cognac cocktail sauce and it was fresh and generous. The duck was gigantic and crispy skinned with moist flesh. The Paris mash was a dream come true and my friend enjoyed her perfectly medium Wagu steak. My dessert however was an abomination! Donuts - two deep fried elephant turds served with a sprinkling of sugar and cinnamon. Completely inedible and best avoided at all costs! (They really should have been removed from our bill)The profiteroles, however,were a big hit. When I checked out, the room service meal was kindly removed from my bill. There are a lot of positives about the hotel and the services they offer. It takes time to get a new business running smoothly and they are on a steep learning curve. The hotel is a one off, in a good way, but if you want perfection you might want to let them practice for a little while before you visit. But, if you are happy to take your chances - it really is fun!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank PrincessPenny_12
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear PrincessPenny_12,

That was a really fun review. You took me through every lump, bump, and triumph of your stay and it gives us something really excellent to sink our teeth into.

I'm not going to run through everything point by point, because my bet is that this is a true and fair indication of your stay with nothing left out. We will work through it all at the hotel, and firm up everything we need to make sure we nail 100% of the time (which is everything).

In the words of Basil Fawlty
'Right, well I'll go and have a lie down then. No I won't; I'll go and hit some guests.'

Just kidding, I'm going to go and hug some guests instead.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

It`s hard to categorise this brand new hotel (open less than 2 months). Certainly QT is chic, with unique (trendy) fittings and the location within two revamped iconic city buildings certainly gives it oodles of character. The public areas (and staff) ooze style and are uber cool, whilst the rooms have many great little features that set them apart from the "sameness" of many major chain hotels.

Having said that their were some inital drawbacks. Reception is offstreet on the 1st floor and there is little to indicate the hotel`s double doorway entrance from VERY busy Market St (just a very small sign high up under the awning). Due to Sydneys chaotic one way street system we spent 20 mins doing 2 sweeps past the hotel trying to find it. With no off street pull in area drivers must hope for a kerbside park, alight and find the bellhops who then valet park your vehicle somewhere away from the hotel. When enquiring re parking by phone the day before Adam (on reception ?) neglected to advise the substantial overnight charge of $69 (ouch) for this.

Upon eventually checking in (4pm) our room wasn`t initially available, but a slight delay had this rectified (the glass of champers offered was appreciated). Another guest was overheard complaining that they`d waited 2 hours for their luggage ... so we carried ours ! We had been upgraded to Room 918 and the room was a delight. Large with loads of thoughtful niceties, including a well stocked mini bar, game packs, De Longi coffee m/c and an ultra modern bathroom with double shower heads, deep (small`ish) bath, robes etc. Interestingly the "open style" shower means that after use most of the bathroom floor becomes drenched, making it a tad impracticable. Had read that another reviewer mentioned only 1 bar of soap had been provided which I thought would be an oversight ... but no, there`s still only 1 bar, which is a nuisance if using the seperate toilet which is well away from the bathroom. Surely for a quality hotel an extra soap wouldn`t be too much to ask.

Didn`t eat in, but the restaurant is large and seemed very popular. We had drinks in both the street level cafe and the very popular, and busy, upstairs bar next to the restaurant, which is obviously one of the "cool" places to be seen.

The express check out worked well, and apart for a 15 min delay for our vehicle to be fetched we departed rested, and (reasonably) impressed.

Once some of the initial teething problems are sorted I`m sure word of mouth will ensure this unique hotel develops a loyal following ... but avoid arriving by car if you can, and bring an extra bar of soap, just in case.

Room Tip: as above - try to avoid driving. Ensure the taxi driver (or your navigator) knows the hotel entry is...

Dear tourorganiser99,

Another epic and wonderful review. There is nothing more fantastic for us than when guests share minuted detail of their stays at the hotel. We know that it's beautifully designed, and that the staff are well trained, but it's this nitty-gritty detail that you are offering us that is really going to help us mould this place into exactly what is needed by our guests.

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We appreciate every word, and every effort, and we are going to action every point.

Here's cheers to a two soap bathroom!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

My wife and I flew in for one night to see Coldplay. We'd booked a corner suite and arrived at 5pm where we were presented with a glass of bubbles - nice touch! However shortly after we were told "really sorry but your suite hasn't been cleaned yet!!'

As we had a 6pm dinner booking and the show starting at 8pm, my wife's plan of showering and getting ready was fast running out. I have never check in to a hotel at 5pm and not been able to get into my suite.. The manager Adam was fantastic and escorted us to the bar where we could have anything we wanted complimentary. When he finally took us to our suite it was 5.45pm - embarrassed and opoloigetic Adam said our stay would be complimentary because this delay was not acceptable.. This surprised us and was not something we expected nor asked for.

We stay in hotels all over the world and I understand that things go wrong but it should be mentioned that Adams service and willingness to "make it right" was nothing short of outstanding.

When we returned from Coldplay there was a hand written note and a small gift on the night table for my wife. Great touch!

All that aside, this is the hottest hotel in Sydney. It's fresh and funky. Will we return?
As soon as possible!!
Damian & Fatima Moore

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank damo72
sasrowlandsQT, Manager at QT Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear damo72,

Wow! What a mega upgrade you received, and your appreciation is really wonderful. Thankyou. I will also pass on your thanks to Adam. He really has delivered on our service promise and gone the extra mile to make sure that your wonderful getaway wasn't mired by us not being ready for you (many apologies for that also).

Damian and Fatima, you sound like magnificent people, and you have truly superb taste in music. I'm going to pop a note on your profile to make sure that those gifts keep coming next time you are in house with us.

Viva La Vida

Reviewed November 15, 2012

What an amazing hotel,I stayed for one night and would rate this as one of the best modern hotels of the 21st century. The rooms are as good as any Philippe Starck hotel in Europe ( without the price tag). The foyer and individual floor levels are incredible while maintaining that great heritage feel.The elevators play a random song when the doors close and fizz away when you step out
( nice touch).
The restaurant is word class and not overpriced, staff where very friendly and attentive without being in your face. The bar is amazing with every type of alcohol you could think of.

All in all I'll be back - keep up the good work

Room Tip: Try for a high floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AvHoche
sasrowlandsQT, Director of Social Media at QT Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Avhoche,

Thank you for a magnificent review. You really loved it! I'm going to get online and google the hotel you mentioned now. I feel like I should know about it!

We hope that you will come and see us again soon.

Big thanks

Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for night during the week. What a great hotel ! From the moment we arrived we were made to feel special. We even got upgraded. The room was eclectic and cool. We both had spa treatments. The girls were skilled, professional and knowledgable. We
Floated back to our room. unfortunately we had dinner booked outside of the hotel. ( the only down side to the night). The room service menu and mini bar pricing was very reasonable. I would have liked more of a selection of breakfast items on the room service menu though. We got a late check out and left our luggage to spend the day shopping. Nothing was a problem for the staff. We can't wait to visit again....next time we are not leaving the hotel !!!

Room Tip: Ask for the Gowings side
2  Thank ANS01

Dear ANS01,

A shout out for spaQ and for the Gowings side of the building, Two of my favourite parts of the hotel . The spa is getting some really awesome reviews at the moment. It's so great to see as the spa team have made such an immense effort to create a perfect experience. Yay spaQ team!

I'm going to check out the in room dining menu and see what the story is with breakfast. Can't have it being too small!

We hope you come back again soon.

Make sure to book Gowings Bar and Grill when you book in next!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Our 4 night stay at the QT Sydney was nothing short of pure bliss. The staff went out of their way to make our stay with them one we will certainly remember. Upon checking in we were asked what brought us there and after mentioning it was a holiday to celebrate our wedding anniversary, we were delivered two glasses of champagne and a hand-written anniversary card within minutes of checking into our room! The staff always greeted us with a smile and were more than happy to help out with any questions or recommendations. We ate at the Gowings bar and grill for four different meals and could not fault any of them...the food was fit for a true gourmand! We will definitely be staying here whenever we find ourselves in Sydney. Thank you QT!

Dear PattifromPerth,

Sounds like a perfect stay all round! Happy anniversary and we are so delighted to have been a part of making it such a wonderful time.

Every time we see a really warm shout out to our staff we know that every effort to pick the nest of the best has been worth it because they really are a dream team!

Hopefully we will get to take care of you same time next year!