$215
$159
  • Pool
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$149
$128
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $143/night.

Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$146
$132
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

Four Seasons Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$269
$182
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $210/night.

The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$118
$108
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $140/night.

Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$207
$109
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

$177
$153
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $189/night.

$138
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Old Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$119
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $163/night.

$205
$155
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $190/night.

All reviewstravel deskeast coast tripdarling harbourbunk bedsbig kitchentown hall stationshared bathroomgeorge streetopera housestraightenersroommateswoolworthscbd
Reviewed April 28, 2012

People can be so dam fussy and picky. I stayed here from 19-22 April 2012 with 7 of my mates (20 and 21 year olds, guys and girls). We emailed X Base before we booked our accommodation to ask if we would be able to all be put in the same room and they were more than happy to do that for us. We were each given a room key which was great, I was expecting to have 1 or 2 for the group of us.
Our room was great. There was plenty of room to put bags and still be able to walk around the room. We were on the first floor and directly above the Scary Canary which is the bar next door. This did not effect anyones sleep. The room had a toilet, sink and shower which was great. They were all separate so if someone was in the toilet, the shower could be used, and the sink could be used. On the first floor there was also girls bathroom which had 5 or 6 toilets, the same amount of showers and 4 sinks. I went into these bathrooms 3 times and there was never anyone in them.
The place was really clean, the cleaners came and cleaned the room at around 10am, we were long gone before they came.
We didnt use the kitchen facilities but the kitchen was big, lots of storage and quite a few tables and chairs.
The only bad things about the place was that the bunk beds were a bit squeeky which was annoying when the boys were mucking around purposely moving to annoy us, but when we were trying to get to sleep they were fine. The storage under the beds sometimes got a bit jammed but you just needed a little muscle to get them out.
The location is great, 5 minute walk to Town Hall train station where you can catch a train, or catch a free bus to Circular Quey on George St next to the station. 10 Minute walk to Darling Harbour (if that, probably less than 10 minutes). Pub next door.
What more could you want for such a cheap price. I would definitely recommend this backpackers, it was great value for money.

Room Tip: If traveling in a group and you want to make sure you are all put in the same room, just email the hostel before you book it, they are more than happy to arrange that for you.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I had a double ensuite room for one night. Room was tidy apart from weird stains on duvet cover. Bathroom reasonably clean. My room faced the street so until 3am I had the floor of my room rocking from the bass in the pub downstairs. I am a heavy sleeper but found it hard to drift off. Staff were ok - not overly friendly and seemed to be under staffed as there was always a queue. Dont think Id be back

Room Tip: Nothing on the first floor and maybe take some ear plugs
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Upon arrival, the staff tried to make me pay 25% more than the price of my reservation. It took quite some putting my foot down to get this corrected, as they just kept stating that the price for my room was in fact the higher one, no matter what my reservation said. Not exactly what you look forward to after finally arriving after a long trip.
I stayed in a private ensuite, and the room itself was actually quite nice. Even had a tv, which is unusual for a hostel. Also, they changed my sheets after 3 days, which is also not as common as one would think.
Unfortunately, the room was also right above the bar with very loud music until at least 2 am. Even though I was three floors up, this was still very present. The activities organised are also quite party-scene. Instead of the normal movie night/BBQ things, there were lots of strip shows, wet t shirt contests and the like.
In addition, the hostel was not as clean as others I have stayed in. There was a stuffed smell everywhere, probably due to a lack of ventilation. The kitchen was not very clean, and in the basement, which did not add to its appeal. There was no good place to relax, just a tv room without windows as well. This is clearly a place for people who want to be there as little as possible.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I stayed for three nights in the 'Sanctuary' girls only dorm in February. Whilst the bed itself was clean, and the lockable space under was great, the carpets and shower receptacles were feral. I was pretty close to buying some bleach to remove the mould build up and had to angle to remove the hair that didn't seem to be removed over the whole stay. In saying this, the water was always hot and the rooms were big. The location itself was excellent, just a few minutes to the city center or Darling Harbor. I liked that they held your bags on arrival, but not so much that they directed you to the expensive lockers on departure.

Room Tip: Check out their direct site for booking since if you book three nights or more they will reimburse you shuttle costs from the airport to the door.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Price was not too bad for a twin room with ensuite. The room was clean with fresh towels and nice sheets. We were surprised to find complimentary earplugs as well - and later found out this is because there is a club sharing a main wall with the backpackers, so you will have bass pumping through your room until around 2am every night (yes, even including Sundays).
Had we known this when booking we would have stayed elsewhere. Hard to enjoy a big bed with nice sheets when you're unable to get any sleep at all.
The TV remote didn't work either - dead batteries - and despite repeated attempts to have staff rectify this they never did and when on counter always seemed too busy chatting to people to help paying customers.
If you're planning on not sleeping and getting hardly any service then definitely come here.

Room Tip: Only book here if you plan not to sleep.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple