Holiday Inn Old Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$127
$119
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $143/night.

Shangri-La Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$214
$159
  • Pool
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$132
Radisson Blu
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$145
$132
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $170/night.

$172
$134
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

$257
$173
$198
$172
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$145
$119
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$221
$115
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

All reviewstravel deskeast coast tripdarling harbourbunk bedsbig kitchentown hall stationshared bathroomgeorge streetopera housestraightenersroommateswoolworthscbd
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights in November... it's the first hostel I have ever stayed in so at first I didn't think it was too bad. The room was clean and basic. The bathrooms were clean and basic. The bar on the ground floor was SO loud you could hear the thumping until the early hours, which was really annoying as I was very jetlagged and had early starts.

Other than that it was a good location and a good place to stay at before beginning a trip around Aus. It was unfortunately the least nicest hostel I stayed in during the six weeks I was in Aus.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Base Sydney is good if you are new to Australia there are alot of rooms full of backpackers so it is good to meet new people, it is very loud at night of the 1st floor because of the scary canary next door, i stayed on both the 1st and the 4th and the 4th was much preferred, the toilets on floor 1 were not to be desired but on the 4th were alot better and the showers worked better on the 4th, the kitchen was ok, laundry was good, internet access was good through global gossip. If your backpacking i would recommend.

Room Tip: floor four for a decent nights sleep
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Thomas R
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I went there in October and i stayed 4 days in this backpacker just when i arrived in australia. If we compare with my others experiences, it's clean. i shared my room with 5 people.
It's just there is a bar/pub just under your room i was on the 3rd floor and i didn't sleep till 3am, after 40 hours without sleeping it's just terrible. Internet is also expensive. The bed are comfortable but when you can't sleep. The location is awesome in the city centre.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 19, 2012

After my stay here, I only have two things to say Nate and Johnny! These two staff members made my stay here an awesome experience, I can't say enough good things about them ( I have a crush on one of them ). The day staff appeared to be over ran and very busy and a little cold at times, making long wait times at reception for basic things. But I found if I needed anything it was best to wait until late evening/night when the ques were smaller and the two people mentioned would take care of me. Some of the facilities are a bit ran down and in need of a revamp and some desperate maintenance, and some basic things let this place down. Although i believe that this is due to poor management. I also found that its best not to stay on the first floor, if possible request a higher floor due to some of the rooms being above the night club. The base bar "Scary Canary" Is a standard but really busy backpacker bar with all time cheesy hits playing and some "low brow" entertainment, but a good night can be had there if you do not go in with high expectations of great service or the idea that you will actually meet an Aussie in there.

I am not sure is base reads these but if you do please tell Nate that, I left a message at reception for him with my phone number and email address, did you get this? If so please call me as I am coming back to Sydney soon and would love to see you.

xox

Tash

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 19, 2012

If you think of it as a hotel it will be a disappointment .but if your open minded and young at hart it is a good excellent place to stay .remember this is a backpacker hostel not a motel there are kids age 18 - and above so it can be noise especially if your room over the scary canary .it seem all the private room are at this end .but we stayed 3 night and the latest the music played till was 2 am .we just got some ear plugs and it was ok
If your a stiff upper lip travel then don't bother. But if you don't mind to live a bit then the base is the place to be .p.s peek tours meet up at the main entrance at around ten if you want to get your full advantage of Sydney holiday we recommend you go on it first thing as you arrive9

• Stayed: December 2011