“Great day to spend during our honeymoon!”
Review of Wine Country Tours

Wine Country Tours
Ranked #3 of 89 Food & Drink in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: Your host is Richard Everett, the only Oenologist (or winemaker) conducting a small group or private wine tour of the Hunter Valley Wine Country. His guests get a unique behind the scenes insight into how the best wines of the Hunter Valley are made, with private guided tastings of the top wines at the best & most interesting of the 140+ wineries. Richard conducts the wine tastings, not the sales staff at the wineries, so you are spared the heavy sales pitch of their commercial wines & get to experience many wines not offered to the general public. Morning tea is at the famous Peppers Guesthouse & lunch is at the award winning Muse Cafe. Tours are available ex Sydney or from within the Hunter Valley.
Houston, Texas
“Great day to spend during our honeymoon!”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We've been on wine tours in other places within the states, so we booked with Richard to get a "new" experience and he definitely delivered!! The 2 hr ride with him from Sydney was filled with great conversation, his knowledge of wine and how he challenging you truly think about what you are tasting along with the lunch selections were a true treat!!

Thank you Richard!!

Tamika H.

Sydney, Australia
“Richard knows his wine!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Our family took part in a private wine tour with Richard for my mum's 60th birthday, and we have never experienced a tour quite like this one. It was fantastic, in fact- the best in the Hunter! Richard was so informative and a pleasure to spend the day with. A memorable day tasting crisp whites, aged reds and eating the Hunter's finest produce at Muse Kitchen. Thanks again Richard for sharing your wealth of knowledge and making my mum’s 60th very special.

Sydney, Australia
“Great experience with Wine country tours”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Richard is fabulous and professional. He is very timely when pick-up all his guests for the day of his Wine country tour. Exceptional experienced with special arrangement hosting his tour in an exclusive setting when sharing his deep knowledge of wines making and appreciation with all of us. The tour we went with Richard composed of 3 separate family - to a total of 9 plus Richard. His large People mover Ford was comfortable and Richard a very good driver as well. I am very pleased to have selected Richard - Wine Country tour for our trip. Thank you Richard.

Sioux Falls
“Quite possibly the best wine tour you could ever have.”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Thank you Richard. My wife and I had a fantastic time. Richard was not only a pleasure to spend the day with, he truly knows his craft. This was not some sales pitch, it was an educational and rewarding experience. I would highly recommend that if you are going to Sydney or anywhere near the Hunter Valley that you have a tour from Richard @ Wine Country Tours.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A valuable wine experience for the price of a good red!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

My wife and I were picked up 10:00 am from Lovedale so it was straight to coffee (morning tea) for valuable background information before visiting the first of 2 wineries. The wineries were outstanding, the tastings were in private rooms without worrying about the crowds at the counters and we tasted a good range of excellent wines. The lunch venue was fantastic (although it is a bit later in the day than usual).

Really found the day fabulous. Learnt a lot from Richard, had a good time with others in the group.

I took the advice from an enlightened member of our group to resist the urge to drink all the wine that we taste if I wanted to be adequately alert in the afternoon. To make the most of the experience, my suggestion to future tour groupies is to make sure you get an early night the day before and have a really good late breakfast on the day as lunch is mid afternoon.

I would recommend Richard's tour to anyone serious about wine in general but would also would like to sample the best the hunter region can offer.

1 Thank Ray O