“Staying at the Sofitel added to the memory of a happy holiday”

Sofitel Sydney Wentworth
Ranked #56 of 176 Hotels in Sydney
Bay of Plenty
“Staying at the Sofitel added to the memory of a happy holiday”
Reviewed November 28, 2010

We stayed for 10 days and were satisfied with our room which we upgraded to, from a classic room. Marvellous location, friendly and efficient staff. Dining options were excellent and food very good. , Had problems using busines centre. the computers didn't function as I would expect and it cost a lot of money to us them without little results.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carryon70
Sam_Panetta, Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, December 19, 2010
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth and I thank you for taking the time to write. Our guests’ satisfaction is of great importance to us at the Hotel and it is through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve our offering to enhance our guests’ overall experience. I am delighted that you were pleased with the Hotel’s location, staff and dining options and am glad to inform you that we have recently upgraded our Internet and Business Centre offering for our guests.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (732)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed November 26, 2010

I was disappointed with the service. I actually told the hotel about it when I had to fill in a feedback form from he hotel. The manager was ver apologetic and he has given me a free upgrade on my next stay. I strongly believe that a good customer service is very important especially when this hotel has been rated as a five-star hotel in the accor group of hotels,

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and I appreciate your honesty. I would be most grateful if you could please contact me on H3665-GM02@sofitel.com to further discuss the issues you encountered regarding service at the Hotel. Our guests’ feedback and satisfaction is of paramount importance at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth and I would appreciate an opportunity to take note of this and rectify these issues for our future guests.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback as it is through our guests’ comments that we are better able to improve our offering.

Reviewed November 25, 2010

We had a lovely stay at the Sofitel Wentworth, Sydney. I have wanted to stay here for a while and we finally booked it for our wedding anniversary. Staff were excellent and the Club room was fantastic. We were spoilt with complimentry champagne and strawberries for our anniversary which was a very special touch. My only criticism would be the condition of the bath in the Luxury Club Room. It had chips the porcelain and dry paint drips and it was small for a luxury room. Other than that we had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
I was disappointed to read of the condition of the bath in your Luxury Room. This is in no way indicative of the standards that we strive for a Sofitel Sydney Wentworth and I have brought your comments to the attention of our Housekeeping and Engineering Teams to ensure that such issues are rectified immediately.

Thank you again for taking the time to write. It is through feedback such as yours that we can improve our offering for our future guest. I hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.

Reviewed November 24, 2010

The stay at Soffitel Wentworth was somewhat spoilt when we returned to our room at 120am only to find the door wide open. It seems that housekeeping had jammed a towell in the door to turn the room down and not removed it upon completion of their tasks. This was reported to Hotel management and handled to our satisfaction (somewhat). We have been offered an upgrade on our next booking (which may never happen)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Sam_Panetta, Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, December 31, 2010
I was deeply concerned to read your comments has have re-addressed them with our Housekeeping department to ensure that such an experience is never repeated. I am pleased that the incident was handled to your satisfaction and I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future to provide you with an enjoyable and memorable experience. Should you choose to stay with us again, I would be most pleased if you could contact me directly when making your booking at H3665-GM02@sofitel.com.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments and please accept my most sincere apologies for your experience.

New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed November 23, 2010

Really enjoyed stay at Sofitel. Excellent location for city shopping,circular quay and Rocks area. Short stroll to city rail stations. Room was good size and bed was huge and VERY comfortable.All staff very pleasant and accommodating.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kezz14
Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you liked the service you received.
I am also happy to read that you enjoyed the proximity of our hotel to Sydney’s iconic landmarks.

Once again, thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth.