Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
6,473 results
All reviews garden court restaurant circular quay superior room the club lounge accor member opera house an upgrade martin place valet parking concierge staff botanic gardens buffet breakfast late check mini bar soiree bonjour foyer
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I tried the gin tasting at Soirée. Even though we hadn’t booked (we weren’t aware we needed to) they were able to accommodate us after a 10 min wait while they set everything up. We have experienced a few gin tastings but this was particularly good. There were 4 Australian gins to try which came on a wooden board in 4 gorgeous round short-stemmed glasses accompanied by 4 small gin glasses in which to sample the gin. In each of the small glasses were “botanicals” such as a spring of rosemary and a piece of orange plus a bottle of Cascade tonic water and a glass of ice cubes. We were instructed to try each gin neat then pour it into the small glass with the accompanying botanical and add ice. After trying each one again we then added tonic water. There were notes on each gin we tried. We were also given some snacks with our tasting which was greatly appreciated. We were served by a friendly and knowledgeable barman which enhanced our experience. It was a fun way to spend an hour in a comfortable setting on a very wet afternoon and I’d recommend it those who love a G & T.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Sam P, General Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Bonjour DianeJ624,
I am so pleased that you enjoyed the gin tasting. I will share your positive feedback with our bar team.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

When staying at Sofitel for a week, I was pleased with the cleanliness and quality of the room in which I stayed. I didn't hear any outside noises and the complimentary amenities were of a high quality. The view was somewhat left to be desired (viewing the back of another building), however I wasn't staying in the hotel for a view so was alright with this.

The restaurant on level 5 was fantastic, with the gnocchi being a highlight for me!

I did have a few issues with the service - reservations had incorrectly booked me to have 2 rooms on Monday and none on Sunday rather than booking one room Friday to Thursday. This took between 30-60 minutes at the front desk to sort out, and still not charged correctly based on my requirements (Friday to Sunday booked personally, Monday to Thursday booked for work).

My card was then charged for minibar usage at the end of my stay, even though I had paid this upon checkout (this was resolved quickly once I called up to dispute the additional charge, however it did dampen my experience given the reservation issue).

Overall a good experience, maybe I was unlucky to have the issues that I had. I would go back and stay at Sofitel again.

Bonjour KMJacobson,
It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay and the food in Garden Court Restaurant.
Please accept our apologies for the misunderstanding regarding your reservation dates and the time it took sort it out. I am also very sorry to hear that you were incorrectly charged. Your comments have been shared with relevant departments.
It is my hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at the Wentworth for a family weekend early January

Things didn’t start well with one of our 2 rooms being ready we’ll before check in, but the other was not available until 4 pm

Then at the Club Sofitel my daughter was not permitted entry even though an occupant of a club Sofitel room

Breakfast the following morning in the Club Sofitel again had issues . Too many people, not enough tables meant we sat in the far off back room

Where we were ignored....

30 minute wait for coffee

45 minute wait for poached eggs

However, the service and the standard of food and drinks at the evening in club Sofitel was excellent

On our 3rd morning the coffees ordered just never arrived - so we gave up and left - didn’t have another 30 mins to wait or waste

The incident with my daughter resulted in bubbles and a cheese platter along with an apology being in both rooms, which was a really nice gesture , but too many little things started to leave a less than ideal impression

It’s not bad - it’s just not great and below expectations

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank peter-j1962

Bonjour Peter-j1962,
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us and I am so sorry to read that you experienced some issues during your stay. Please accept our apologies for the way you and your family were treated and denied access to Club. I will follow this up with Club Management to prevent this from occurring in the future. Your comments about the below par service during breakfast is also being followed up.
Once again thank you for letting us know, it is through feedback like you rs we are able to make improvements.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Generally the location is good. Within walking distance to Sydney Opera House and within 30min to Haymarket.

Things to improve
1) Why is the hotel bar and restaurant closed so early at 11pm?
2) Should there be a gym and pool inside the 5 Star Hotel?
3) I'm used to travelling and a little shock that there is no univesal power sockets in the room. (Lucky there is a universal power adapter).
I am an interior designer, by having 2-3 univeral power socket will help improve the brand of Sofitel.

1  Thank zJinhai
Sam P, General Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Bonjour zJinhai,
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us, you comments have been shared with our management team. I am so sorry that you were not informed about the gym, located on level 1. We do not have a pool, the building is heritage listed and we are very limited in the ways we can make changes to the building. I have shared your comments about the universal power sockets with our chief engineer for follow up.

Reviewed January 18, 2020

The hotel is ideally located in the city for access to the Harbour and the new Barangaroo precinct. Good restaurants and bars in easy walking distance to suit all tastes. Easy access and Parking. Good bar within the Hotel. Great service.

Bonjour David A E,
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.