“Fabulous”

Ranked #55 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
Bangkok, Thailand
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Staffs very helpful since I step off from car. They's all smile and keep helping. Location is very important just 5 minutes walk to opera house and bridge. This time I just book superior room, It's just level 7 next time I will book higher floor. I got welcome drink , special chocolate and special snacks. Feel like super luxary hotel !!!

If you first time to be here and want to walk to opera house. and stay around beach, keep this 1st hotel in your mind.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Bonjour,

Many thanks for sharing your comments about our Hotel. I am truly delighted that you enjoyed the Hotel and that are staff were able to be of assistance to you. It is through positive comments such as yours that our staff are encouraged to continue striving to provide a level of service that exceeds our guests’ expectations.

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (720)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
wooloomooloo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at this excellent and refined hotel. Large, beautifully furnished room, well-appointed with luxury bathroom amenities. Great location in the more salubrious end of the CBD, short walk to the harbour and Opera House. Above all, special commendation for the impeccable and welcoming service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bonjour,

It was with great pleasure that I read your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your Sofitel experience. It seems that you were truly able to take advantage of the Hotel’s services and facilities, as well as its central location. I will be certain to pass on your comments to our entire team and know that your feedback with serve as positive encouragement as they continue to strive to provide a level of service that exceeds our guests expectations.

We are very proud of our Ambassadors here at the hotel as we display service from the heart. Enjoy what we do which is serving our guests and proviode them with exceptional serviece.

I sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and look forward to welcoming you again to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth.

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

My Husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night. The room was great on the 17th floor, with amazing views The bed was excellent and so comfortable. The bathroom was a little tired and had no exhaust fan and a few broken switches, but it was OK. However we had breakfast included in the room price. When we were shown to our seats for breakfast we were asked if we required tea or coffee, both of us replied yes a tea for me and just a flat white for my husband, Simple. We selected our breakfast which was great with plenty of choices, got back to our table still no tea or coffee. We had finished our breakfast and then had to ask again for the tea and coffee, It took another 10 mins.
On arriving home and checking my bank account I found that my card had been charged a "service fee" of $76.13. Upon calling the hotel I was told that this "Service Fee". would be refunded as we had prepaid our accommodation. When i asked why the money was taken out of my account I was told that it definitely had not been debit but it definitely was. Be wary of this extra charge!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bonjour,

It was delightful to read your review your review and I am glad that the Hotel’s location was convenient for your needs and offered you everything that you required for a pleasant stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and please rest assured that I will pass your comments on to our entire team and am certain that it will serve as motivation as they continue to strive to provide a level of service that exceeds our guest’s expectations.

I am very surprised when reading in regards to the service fee you mentioned. Could you please contact Lilian Tolentino who is Director of Guest Relations who can investigate and ensure that this charge is correct and that your account has been settled correctly. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Concierge Ronaldo who warmly greats you at the door to the relaxed feel of the hotel and only 5 min walk from Circular Quay..loved every bit of it .
Highly recommended Sofitel Wentworth if you don't mind paying a bit more for a relaxed stay but in a great location.

• Stayed October 2013
Bonjour,

I would also like to thank you for your recommendations of our hotel and we look forward to serving you once again in the near future.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

It was a pleasure staying at the Sofitel Sydney. The services provided at the Club Sofitel are too good. Very pleasing staff and this being our first place of stop in our one week trip to Australia, third week of October, it set a right note for the trip. Would recommend this hotel to all visiting Sydney.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bonjour,

I sincerely thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I appreciate your honest comments and am glad that you like the Hotel. I am also pleased the you had the opportunity to experience Club Sofitel, a product of which we are very proud.

It was delightful to read your review your review and I am glad that the Hotel’s location was convenient for your needs and offered you everything that you required for a pleasant and trouble-free stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and please rest assured that I will pass your comments on to our entire team and am certain that it will serve as motivation as they continue to strive to provide a level of service that exceeds our guest’s expectations.