“The best sleep”

Sofitel Sydney Wentworth
Ranked #71 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Very comfortable hotel, a pity I was only there for the one night so didn't experience all the other services, however the location was perfect, everything was in walking distance. The staff were very courteous and the room spacious, the bed was so comfortable I had the best sleep I have had for a long time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

It was most pleasing to read that you enjoyed your Sofitel experience and that you had a comfortable stay.

The ‘My Bed’ is a brand standard in all Sofitel Luxury Hotels and we are very happy that you liked it. Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,801)

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, what can be said? Simply superb! My check out on April 22nd represented the conclusion of my fifth stay at this wonderful hotel and I already long for my return. Now, so that you understand my experience and the context for which I sing the Wentworth's praises; I book Club Level and it's value is nearly immediately realized. Check-in is intimate and special as it takes place within the Club on the fifth floor. I am consistently greeted by gracious staff who welcome me to take a seat as they process me into the luxury that awaits. On those rare occasions where my room is not ready, I am immediately welcomed to partake in the comforts of the Club and to go into too much detail would simply spoil the surprise. My recommendation, when and as you can, afford yourself the added benefit of this upgrade and yes there is a premium price however, one that you can directly correlate to tangible value. In other words it's worth it! To be fair, I have also availed myself of the front desk staff on many occasions and received the most gracious of service as well.. Okay, I'll admit, I did this to check for consistency of service compared to the Club Level. Now, on to the rooms. I have stayed in the Luxury Rooms as well as the Prestige Suites and each have their touches of both refined if balanced opulence and practicality. I have also seen the smaller standard rooms and while their size may be matter of some concern to a few; you will nevertheless see that a mix of muted luxury and practicality are balanced as best as can be achieved under the circumstances. The area the hotel is located is in my opinion, optimal. Walking distance to Circular Quay, Opera House, The Rocks etc are ideal. Oh and if you take the train from the Airport to Circular Quay station you are a mere 5 to 7 minute walk to the hotel however, I can be a fast walker. The areas of opportunity for this hotel would perhaps be the continued and subtle refresh of the Public Areas and Guest Rooms. Some of the furnishings and wall coverings while well maintained, do from time to time show some minor to moderate ware. The housekeeping staff is attentive and when called upon are spot on.
The bottom line for me is that when in Sydney and I love this town; the Wentworth is my home and it will continue to be so.
My thanks to the entire Staff and Management as always.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

It was an absolute pleasure to read that you would recommend Sofitel Sydney Wentworth and that you enjoyed the service and location.

I am especially pleased that you had the opportunity to experience Club Sofitel, a product that we are very proud of. I will personally ensure that you comments are shared with our entire team and I am certain that you feedback will inspire and motivate them as they continue to strive to provide a level of service that exceeds our guests expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth soon.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was recently pleasantly surprised to stay in a hotel where enarly every aspect of my stay exceeded my expectations. Right from the courteous but speedy checkin to the equally helpful departure everything about my stay at the Sydney Sofitel was top notch. And those pillows and quiet rooms...what a sleep!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback such as yours and I will personally ensure that your comments are shared with our entire team.

Thank you once again. I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, in the near future.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stay at Sydney Wenthworth Club level at least 20 nights a year for concerts shopping and business. We like it for its location, We think that its excellent value for money with great rooms afternoon tea and pre-dinner drinks included in the package. The flowers display in the foyer is always stunning. The staff at club level are friendly but professional and very help full to any special needs. The rooms are clean and well maintained and there has been some upgrading of the cocktail bar / lounge area downstairs. The quality and choice for breakfast is great and they are always more than willing to do special orders if needed. We have been at the Garden Court restaurant several times and have found the staff on duty very attentive and knowledgable about the wine on the wine list. The peach souffle has not been on the menu lately but is was to die for. So are the various treats supplied during afternoon tea. We have used the services of the concierge on several occasions to book hard to get into restaurants like Cafe Sydney and last minute show bookings on our last trip. He was very help full in getting us some good seats to the "Adams Family". We will continue to visit this great hotel whenever we are in sydney.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

I was most pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent Sofitel experience and that you found the Hotel’s service and facilities to your liking.

We are very proud of our offering at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth and I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back here again.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night to attend a sporting event in Sydney. We have always been very fond of the Sydney Wentworth and we looked forward to staying there again.
Our room was located in the Sofitel Club section and we checked in without delay. The room was what we had booked - nothing special given we were only staying for one night. We arrived at approximately midday and we wanted something quick to eat and drink so we went to the bar in the lobby. From a previous visit we recalled the service was at best slow, however we were assured things had improved. Unfortunately the service if anything was worse and it took more than 30 minutes to produce a club sandwich.

When we returned to our room much later in the evening a large black cockroach ran under our bed! Given our room was on the 17th floor one can only wonder how it came to be there. In the morning when we woke it appeared again on top of the bed. I don't think my wife has ever got out of bed so quickly.

Breakfast was provided in the Club lounge on th 5th floor. A staff member had failed to turn up for work and the staff who were on duty did their best to cope. The service was slow and the cooked food was very average. The bacon ran out and was replaced with a plate of cold bacon.

On retuning home and checking my credit card I found we had been charged twice for our stay. Following 2 emails and a phone call the duplicated charge was refunded.

On the positive side the staff were very good and we enjoyed afternoon tea in the Club lounge. We also appreciated a late check out. Unfortunately this did not make up for the negatives outlined above.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and I appreciate your honesty. I would be most grateful if you could please contact me on H3665-GM02@sofitel.com to further discuss the issues you encountered regarding service at the Hotel.

Our guests’ feedback and satisfaction is of paramount importance at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth and I would appreciate an opportunity to take note of this and rectify these issues for our future guests.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback as it is through our guests’ comments that we are better able to improve our offering.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. The foyer, complete with its aromatic candles, is quite spectacular. Service was very attentive and fast and it was very nice to receive a free upgrade to a luxury room. Beds were the most comfortable we have ever slept in at a hotel.

Commensurate with other tripadvisor feedback, the rooms are a little dated and on the smallish side but the central location (close to many sights and attractions) more than makes up for it.

Being from rural NSW we have a large 4wd vehicle. It is therefore very handy that there is parking located on site which can accommodate vehicles up to a height of 2.6 m. Some might think that the parking charge of $48 around per day is a little on the expensive side, however, for secure valet and colocated parking we did not think this was unreasonable.

Concierge were very friendly and supplied us with umbrellas so that we were not soaked in the torrential rain. They also provided helpful local travel advice which was appreciated.

Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

It is always a pleasure to read such lovely comments about our Hotel and I am delighted that you enjoy your stays with us.

I will ensure that your comments are shared with our entire team and I thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I ate at the Garden Court Restaurant on my first evening (a Monday night) and unfortunately found the service and food to be below my expectations. Waiter had very limited knowledge of the menu and the wine list.
Otherwise, the rest of the stay was great.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you again for taking the time to write. It is through feedback such as yours that we can improve our offering for our future guest and it is wonderful to read that overall you did enjoy your stay.

I hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.