“Bonjour!”

Ranked #57 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Aussie
“Bonjour!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times in the past. I have an Advantage Plus card which makes dining at the hotel reasonable. I had a premier club suite, which I was satisfied with, however it needs a bit of modernisation. Room 730 situated at the end of the hall.

Staff were friendly, and said "Bonjour" all the time, had to laugh, when I replied in French it confused them, as obviously they didn't speak French... I understand that this is the companies motto, and that in France this would work well.. But in Australia, it just doesn't work..

Location is not too far away from the harbour and the rocks area. Takes about 10 minutes to get down to circular quay and about 15 to get back up the hill!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had the opportunity to enjoy much of what our Hotel has to offer.

At Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, we aim to provide a level of service that exceeds our guest’s expectations and I am truly pleased that you had a wonderful stay.

The 'Bonjour' is part of our french greeting that we use to display our Sofitel brand. Being the only French Luxury hotel in Sydney we strive on this feature being showcased.

Again thank you for taking the time to write; I do hope we can welcome you back again in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (737)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
WAUCHOPE NSW
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Hotel was well positioned for what we required. The rooms were clean and comfortable with the pillows especially so! All staff that we encountered during our brief stay were friendly and efficient. I would recommend this hotel for stays near the harbour

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I am most pleased that you were afforded a comfortable and enjoyable Sofitel experience. At Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, we aim to provide a level of service that exceeds our guests’ expectations and to this extent, I was delighted to read your comments

It is wonderful to read that you would recommend our hotel and I do hope that we are able to welcome you back again soon.

Perth
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This hotel has the most gorgeous foyer, decked out with lovely chandeliers and roses around the place. You are greeted with 'Bonjour' with many of the staff sporting a French accent. Lovely experience, super comfortable bed, and dreamy toiletries. I had a lounge chair in the room which was very comfortable as well. I dined a la carte for breakfast which was reasonably priced and delicious. Sad to leave!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I was delighted to read your comments and I thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

At Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, we constantly strive to provide a level of service that exceeds our guests expectations and I am most pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of some of the products and services available at the Hotel, such as Garden Court Restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as we spent the weekend in the city so we could go to the live show and just enjoy the city sites itself as it is very handy to Circular Quay. The Sofitel has an impressive foyer and the rooms and service is wonderful. The bed and pillows were so comfy. The bathroom products smell lovely and are nice to use. I would certainly stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Please accept my most sincere thanks for taking the time to share you lovely comments. I am most pleased that you enjoyed your Sofitel experience and that your stay lived up to your expectations.

I am glad that the Hotel’s location was convenient for you and am delighted that you enjoyed your Sofitel ‘My Bed’, a feature of all Sofitel Luxury Hotels.

Again, I thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Perfect way to start our weekend away - great rooms, great service, late check meant we had a long overdue sleep in! Only disappointment was Accor card was not accepted in the bar if the restaurant was open! Wish we had known before we ordered!

Otherwise loved it THANK YOU ACCOR

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I took my niece into the city for a night over Easter. We went to Circular Quay and walked around the harbour and went to the movies. We ate at the Sofitel Wentworth which was great as I have an Accor card so meals were discounted. We went shopping on our second day. Being an Accor member was great because they gave us early entry and late checkout as well as chocolates, a drink voucher and fruit and water in our room. The only thing we were disappointed with was that the gym was closed on public holidays. My niece and I really enjoyed our 2 days being tourists in our own city.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Please rest assured that your comments will be passed on to our entire team and I am certain that they will serve as motivation as they continue to endeavour to provide a superior level of customer service. Our Hotel certainly is centrally located and I was also glad to ready that its location was convenient for your needs.

Again, thank you for your feedback. I truly hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel again soon.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Well positioned. Nice hotel. The Gym and Health club was closed for the period Good Friday through to Easter Monday inclusive (4 nights) and this frustrated our stay.

We only book hotels with Gyms. and I had checked per website and phone prior to choosing hotel, and without qualification, gym and Helath club facility available to guests.

Apparently public holidays, long weekends, this facility closes down.

Customer service were disintersted. when I aired my grievance-nothing they could do

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth.

While it is nice to read that the location of our hotel was suitable it is disappointing to read that the services and description of our gym was not sufficient for your needs.

The gym located in the arcade of the gym isn't owned or managed by the hotel; which is why the hours of the gym we are unable to change. When the Executive Committee of the hotel meet with the management of the gym; our guest feedback is communicated to find the best needs for our guests.

Once again I am sorry that the gym services did not meet your expectations. I do hope that we may be able to welcome you back in the near future.