“Weekend in Sydney”

Ranked #55 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
Penrith, Australia
“Weekend in Sydney”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

The service and the amenities of the hotel were very good. The staff at recception could not have friendlier or more helpful however our rooms were not available at the designated check in time. The rooms are very comfortable. The parking was easy. The evening meal we had in the dining room was delicious. All in all a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank sandra_walker2
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It is always a pleasure to receive such lovely feedback about the high level of service you received during your recent stay with us.

Thank you also for your positive comments on our Garden Court Restaurant and the professionalism of our team. We look forward to welcoming you to the Sofitel in the near future.

Kind regards,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (719)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Lovely hotel within easy reach of top attractions and things to do. Staff very friendly and helpful and staff from the concierge to the chamber maid. Room very comfortable and clean with all the usual facilities, tea/coffee and toiletries. Only one downer Breakfast staff seemed to be a bit disorganised, beverages arrived AFTER we had eaten, therefore go prepared to wait awhile.

Room Tip: On 17th Floor, no problem with ours.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind feedback. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is a pleasure to read that you thoroughly enjoyed the location of the hotel in the heart of Sydney and I am most appreciative of your comments regarding your breakfast service.

We look forward to welcoming you once again to the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth on your next visit to Sydney.

Kind regards,
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I'm sure it's a rare event, but the concierge lost one of my bags between the cab and check-in. Very apologetic, found it hours later, but no compensation. I had to attend my business meeting in decidedly non-business clothes.

Nice rooms, small bathroom, good people watching at the lounge. There's a a more casual bar downstairs at the back door.

It's a bit expensive, likely in line with other similar hotel prices in the downtown core.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

While it is nice to read you enjoyed the rooms and outlets of the hotel, may I please apologise for the inconvenience caused due to your missing bag. It is certainly something that does not happen often and I have asked our Chief Concierge to investigate this occurrence.

Thank you again for taking the time to write; I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Travelling with a 1 year old can be tough at the best of times and with my wife having to work on Christmas Day in the city we thought we would spend Christmas Eve in the city so that we could have a little Christmas together in the morning.

We chose the Sofitel as the place to stay, and thank God we did, as they we very accommodating and fantastic with the little one.

As you could appreciate, the city is winding down on Christmas Eve, so we dined in-house at the restaurant and the experience was great, food was excellent, and staff helped out entertaining our daughter and going out of their way to keep her entertained.

If you want a hotel that offers excellent service, quality dining experience and staff who are accommodating to your needs, than in my opinion, the Sofitel Sydney is definitely worth considering.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
I was delighted to read your comments and I thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

At Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, we constantly strive to provide a level of service that exceeds our guests expectations and I am most pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of some of the products and services available at the Hotel, such as Garden Court Restaurant over the festive period.

Please rest assured that your comments will be passed on to our entire team and I am certain that they will serve as motivation as they continue to endeavour to provide a superior level of customer service. Our Hotel certainly is centrally located and I was also glad to ready that its location was convenient for your needs.

Again, thank you for your feedback. I truly hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel again soon.

Orange, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our stay exceeded our expectations
The staff were all so friendly and helpful, from when we left our car and bags before checking in up to the time we checked out.
The bed was the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in and we had the best nights sleep.
We will definitely be back and have already recommended this motel to family and friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Please accept my most sincere thanks for taking the time to share you lovely comments. I am most pleased that you enjoyed your Sofitel experience and that your stay exceeded your expectations. I am delighted that you enjoyed your Sofitel ‘My Bed’, a feature of all Sofitel Luxury Hotels and am grateful that you have already recommended the hotel.

Again, I thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.

Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you can find a better location in Sydney then you are better than me. The location is great 10 minutes to circular key 5 minutes to the State Library and Government house. Great food and staff. Shopping is a few minutes away and the traditional Sofitel service is provided.

Room Tip: Look for some of the Accor specials and get an upgrade.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I was most pleased to read your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your Sofitel experience.
Please accept my most sincere thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

The Hotel certainly is centrally located and I am glad that this was convenient for your needs.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is my third review of the Sofitel Sydney, and after 20 years of staying at the hotel, I am starting to feel that Accor's loyalty program is starting to pay dividends - a very welcome room upgrade on my most recent stay, comfortable bed, balcony doors that open, and the usual spotless room. If I was going to be picky - three clothes hangers in the wardrobe is a bit on the meagre side!

Special mention to the concierge who provided the same exemplary level of service as usual!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
It was most pleasing to read your review and I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your Sofitel experience.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay.

I am most pleased that the location continues to be convenient for you and that you found the services of our Concierge team memorable. I will certainly ensure that your feedback is passed on to them.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.