“Sofitel Sydney”

Sofitel Sydney Wentworth
Ranked #56 of 175 Hotels in Sydney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (731)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The Sofitel Wentworth hotel is an ideal place to stay whilst in Sydney either on business or for pleasure. We stayed there for 3 nights as a sightseeing short break. The hotel is situated in the financial district of Sydney which is basically a short 5 minute stroll to circular quays of which to the right you have the Sydney Opera house and to the left, the Sydney Harbour Bridge and 'The Rocks' - beautiful. The hugh shopping centres are appox 10 mins walk whilst Darling Harbour is a further 5/10 minutes stroll from there. This is a perfect location for all the sightseeing trips in and around Sydney.
The hotel itself was great, the staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble. When we asked for more towels (as there were 3 of us in the room) we were provided with more towels. Furthermore whilst there, it was my father-in laws 70th birthday treat and to our surprise a basket was provided in their room with champagne, strawberries and chocolate - what a lovely gesture!
I would definitely recommend this hotel and we will definitely return to the Sofitel on our next Sydney trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
It was an absolute pleasure to read that you enjoyed the birthday celebrations and Sofitel Sydney Wentworth. I am delighted that the Hotel was conveniently located for you and that the service provided to you was of standard.

Again, I sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your comments and hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Griffith, Australia
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed at the Sofitel Wentworth for 1 night when I was in Sydney for a work seminar. The French welcome was lovely. My room was beautiful, nice bath, and very clean. I enjoyed my short stay very much!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
It was most pleasing to read your review and I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your Sofitel experience; thank you for taking the time to write.

I hope that we are able to welcome you back again in the near future for another positive stay.

Kindest Regards
Broome
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My wife & I were 1st timers in Sydney. We found the location was excellent, just a short stroll down to Circular Quay. I'm glad we got a bonus night's stay because I would have been dissapointed with the price for what the room was. It really was just very adequate, nothing flash just a nice bed, no view just the buildings across the road. Would we stay here again?... absolutely.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eagle2013
I was delighted to read that you were able to take advantage of your complementary night and I thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am pleased that the location of our Hotel was convenient for your needs and that you enjoyed your Sofitel ‘My Bed’.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming back on your next stay.

nyc
Reviewed January 7, 2013

For me, I didn't feel as though the hotel provided a great 5 star experience. The highlight for me was the breakfast, that is saying something.

Firstly the check in staff were rude, dismissive when I asked if there was a smoking room available (I don't think she even bothered to check unless she did before she selected a room for me) and not helpful when i requested a 1 hour late check out the following morning (my flights were delayed and I arrived very late and exhausted).

The room was well appointment but very small, I'd say the smallest 5 star room I've seen in Australia - smaller than the Hilton in Perth.

Breakfast was delicious, albeit expensive. I don't mind paying $50 for a hot cooked breakfast if it meets the mark - it did, one of the best I've had in Sydney after the Hilton.

Check out staff once again were very disinterested, no assistance given with bags when getting a cab.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth and for your feedback regarding our team.

Please rest assured that I have addressed your concerns regarding the attentiveness at check-in and check-out with our Front Office Manager.

I am however, happy to read that you enjoyed the breakfast in our Garden Court Restaurant, our Food & Beverage offering is certainly something we are very proud of and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Very impressed with our stay to celebrate our Honeymoon late Dec. Simone was brilliant from start to finish - as was the club staff also. Great prestige suite with a nice surprise on arrival - appreciated ! Food and service in the club was excellent with a good range of food and beverage.
Thanks again for making our special stay memorable.

Room Tip: book a courtyard view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
It was wonderful to read your feedback regarding your Sofitel experience and I thank you for taking the time to write.

I am delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your stay, our product and service and that we were able to celebrate your honeymoon. I will be sure to pass your comments to the team as I know they will appreciate your words.

Thank you again for taking the time to write; we hope to have the opportunity to have you stay again at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth.

Hilo, Hawaii
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The internet charges are beyond ridiculous. After being sucked in to the 24 hour fee because we needed to check in with family back home, we did not renew for our second night, but rather, went to a nearby McDonald's for one hour free internet! The hotel is very nice indeed. Food, etc., all over priced, so walk around the block a bit. Do NOT eat at Sushi Tei next door...incredibly rude service, mediocre Japanese food and way too expensive for the meager servings. The hotel location was very good for us as we like to walk and explore on our own. Go to the Myer department store, lowest level for their food court. Awesome choices for fairly good prices.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I sincerely thank you for taking the time to share you constructive feedback regarding the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth. Our guests’ satisfaction is of the upmost importance to us and to receive feedback such as yours certainly assists us in our quest to exceed our guests’ expectations.

It wonderful to read that the hotel's location was suitable for you and that you found the hotel nice.

Thank you again for taking the time to write your comments; I do hope one day we will be able to welcome you back.

Kindest Regards