“Great weekend trip”

Sofitel Sydney Wentworth
Ranked #55 of 174 Hotels in Sydney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (719)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Armidale, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

A beautiful hotel that we have enjoyed immensely however this time I thought the service in the restaurant was lacking-the dishes from our previous course were left on the table while we ate the next course.Our room did not have a hair dryer and I requested one.It did not turn up so I had to go to breakfast with wet hair.The hair dryer turned up quite a while after we returned from breakfast

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sam_Panetta, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your stay at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth.

I sincerely apologize for the lack of attentiveness with service for your dining. I also apologise for the length of time taken to deliver your requests to your room.

I hope this does not affect your choosing the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth for your future stays and I look forward to welcoming you back.
Port Orange, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

My girlfriend and I opted for the high tea at the Wentworth. It's a must miss, we made a big mistake on this one. It was billed as an extraordinary event but the only thing extraordinary was the price. We were treated poorly, being seated next to the only other people in the tea room and when we asked to move to another table were told, "but, I'll have to move everything"......we insisted and moved to a nicer table near the window, our Assam tea and goodies arrived and we never saw anyone again. I had to go up to the bar to ask for a check and was told "you can pay me here". Don't waste $100 on this, you'd be better served to go for High tea at the Westfield mall.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ozziegee
Thank you for your comments regarding your High Tea experience.

It is very disappointing to read your comments as our Sofitel Wentworth High Tea is something we are very proud of throughout the hotel.

I will be addressing your comments with the Lobby Lounge Manager and will ensure that the team are made aware of how their actions impact our geusts experience.

If you woudl like to contact me directly on H3665-GM02@sofitel.com I would like to ensure that when you next visit the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth that your recieve the true Sofitel experience.

Kindest Regards
Sam Panetta
Hotel Manager
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

A lovely hotel in excellent location close to harbour. Service was excellent. My only disappointment was that I had paid a $40 per room upgrade to superior so that we would have interconnecting rooms and our rooms did not connect.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
I’d like to thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback for your stay at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth.

I am pleased to hear that our prime location was of convenience to you.
I sincerely apologise for the rooming mix up with your stay.

I hope we can invite you back to the hotel to rectify our error and hope this does not hinder your choice to stay once again at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Thank you for making our stay perfect.

It's not often we can get away as a couple ans we thoroughly relaxed by the end of our stay.

We wish we could have stayed longer.

We will be back to further explore Sydney and the surround area and will be staying at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so pleased to hear your feedback about the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth and am thrilled that we lived up to your expectations.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future and exceed your expectations yet again.
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the NRL grand final, as I always try and stay local to Circular Quay so that I can catch the ferry to Olympic Park (a bit of a tradition of mine). I managed to get a good deal through Wotif.com and was looking forward to staying here.

Location-wise, it's quite good for both Circular Quay and shopping. It's two blocks from the harbour (although if you're walking from Circular Quay with luggage then be warned, as it's almost all up hill - might be better to get off at Martin Place and walk from there) and a nice walk to the Pitt Street Mall.

I arrived early and hoped, rather optimistically, that I would be able to get an early check-in. No such luck, but the lady did say she would call me when my room was ready. Two hours later she did, but I missed the call and there was no message left. I assumed that it was the hotel anyway, given that there was no reason anyone else in NSW would be calling me.

My room was on the 12th floor and backed on to the elevator, which caused a great deal of problems for me. I don't have exact measurements but I'm estimating that my bed was some two or three metres away from the elevator shaft, which meant that I didn't get to sleep until close to midnight on the two nights I was there. Also, any guests arriving on the floor made themselves known.

The only other concern was the bed. Extremely uncomfortable and gave me a sore back after the first night. The second night was somewhat better.

When I checked out Sofitel tried to charge me for two nights parking, despite the fact that I caught the train from the airport. I politely corrected them.

I can only speak for the room I had, but based on this I have to say that it was the most unpleasant weekend I've had in a Sydney hotel, of the six or seven I've stayed in. I won't be returning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators if possible.