“Bonsoir Madame!”

Ranked #60 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Bonsoir Madame!”
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Sofitel Wentworth has one of the best locations considering its a high rise, city hotel. Harbour and the Opera house are literally just around the corner as well as busy shopping streets and number of bars, coffee houses and great restaurants. Everything is right in the neighbourhood.

The hotel itself is mid-sized with 436 regular rooms out of which 46 are luxury suites. Rooms are not very spacious, but all are elegantly furnished in a light wood and light brown colours. In room you have available standards such as coffee maker, minibar, iron, hair-dryer, fluffy bathrobes and flat screen with decent choice of TV channels.
Internet in the entire hotel is chargeable and not exactly fast. I have selected 24hr wi-fi in my room and the data transfer was painfully slow. You can opt for faster connection, but that comes with additional charges on top of AUD 27 you're already paying.

You certainly don't wanna miss out on the Magnifique breakfast, which is so deliciously french that you can stuff yourself enough to keep going the entire day.

While in town, art lovers might wanna go for rendez-vous with Picasso and visit his exclusive exhibition in Art Gallery of NSW http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/exhibitions/picasso/

Hotel has pretty descent fitness facilities and little pricey spa, but if you get some time off, you can sign up for free yoga classes.

Staff is very friendly, profesional and without failure greeting you in french.

My overall stay was great, except drunk guest singing Christmas carols at 4am on my floor.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Sam_Panetta, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, responded to this review, December 3, 2011
It was delightful to read your review your review and I am glad that the Hotel’s location was convenient for your needs and offered you everything that you required for a pleasant and trouble-free stay.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and please rest assured that I will pass your comments on to our entire team and am certain that it will serve as motivation as they continue to strive to provide a level of service that exceeds our guest’s expectations.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.

Director of Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (746)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed December 1, 2011

The Motel was very well located as we had a function in Macquarie St in Sydney. Beds were very comfortable and allowed a good nights sleep. View was not spectacular. We booked a luxury room, however I could not see any difference from the standard room (friends next door) Theirs was better value. Booking service from Advantage plus did not work well for us as we ended up paying well above what we thought we had booked. Not the Motel's fault and they tried hard to offset our frustration and provided complimentary breakfast

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your Sofitel experience.

I was delighted to read that you enjoy your stay at our Hotel and am pleased that you enjoy our Hotel offerings and that the Hotel was conveniently located for your needs.

I am most appreciative of your comments and will take your constructive feedback on board and share it with our management team.

Again, thank you for your honest and constructive feedback and comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.

Reviewed December 1, 2011

All up the hotel and general service was exceptional. We did have one issue with a junior concierge finding us an umbrella. We were told by the assistant on level 5 check-in that if we wanted to look around the city a complimentary umbrella would be provided. That evening we were going out for dinner and were dressed accordingly. When we tried to get an umbrella the junior concierge couldn't find one and pretty much said sorry can't help. We then walked in the rain for 15 minutes to the restaurant in which we both got fairly wet. This was very annoying and was a bad reflection on the hotel as a whole.

Kerry Busby

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback however I do take into consideration about the umbrealla situtation.

The hotel does try and distribute the umbrellas evenly throughout guests of the hotel. I do apologise that at the time you required one, there was not one available.

I do hope that over all you enjoyed your stay and will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

Purports to be a 5-star luxury hotel. No comparison to Sofitel in Melbourne; nor other luxury hotels stayed at in other cities around the world. A couple of individual staff were good, but in general the service was indifferent.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth.

At Sofitel Sydney Wentworth we aim to exceed our guest’s expectations and on this occasion, it is clear that we have failed to deliver.

If you would like to contact me directly on H3665-GR@sofitel.com I would like to find out where we specifically let down your expectations so we are able to improve our offerings in the future.

In the mean time, should I be able to assist you please don't hesitate to contact me at any time.

Vancouver, BC
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Great Hotel. Good location. The most comfortable bed among all 5 star hotels I've ever been to. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank STraveller26
It was with great pleasure that I read your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your Sofitel experience; the services. location and the Sofitel My Bed.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

Excellent venue for our needs. Wonderful service and bonus extras as we are Accor members which was a nice touch. First Accor hotel that we have stayed at that does this!

Could be more economical by not replacing toiletries every day. Not necessary.

TV tricky to easily view in standard room.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay at Sofitel Sydney Wentworth, it is always a pleasure to read positive comments.

I also thank you for your constructive feedback regarding the televisions and bathroom amenities. I will be sure to pass these points to the housekeeping and engineering departments to take board in their processes.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in the near future.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Not a bad hotel, but it definitely doesn't live up to its five star rating.
Good: the hotel has a nice location and my room was quiet.
Bad: the room furniture and carpets are old and stained, on top of that
the room was repeatedly not cleaned properly.
(I stayed for one week in a Superior room with King bed)

I wouldn't stay here again. I'll pick one of the other five star hotels
the next time I'm in Sydney.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
I sincerely thank you for your honest and constructive feedback.

I have addressed the concerns you raised with our Management Team who are taking appropriate action to ensure the issues you encountered regarding the housekeeping department, are not repeated for our future guests.