“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale
Ranked #66 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed recently in one of the one bedroom apartments and could not fault my stay whatsoever. The staff were great, friendly, understanding and accommodating. The room was spotless. It had a king size bed, TV in bedroom as well as lounge. Fully self contained with dishwasher, microwave, oven and a cook top. Also your own laundry facilities in the apartment, not just a washer, but a dryer and sink also. Great 'chocolate brown' colour scheme throughout as well as marbled bench tops in kitchen and bathroom. I boomed this accommodation as last minute, (two days before I flew direct from them) and got an amazing price. My overall experience was 5/5 and would high recommend thus place to anyone! I will definitely be coming and staying here again my next trip to Sydney! (Which I'm starting to plan already after such a wonderful stay.) And an extra special thanks to Sid at reception for all your help over the phone and on check-in!!! :)

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sid S, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Ang-e-bags,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback about your recent stay with us at Medina Classic Chippendale.

I am glad you enjoyed all the facilities provided in our apartments and had a comfortable stay. We have recently refurbished all our apartments to give them a modern look. I will be sharing your positive comments with my team. It is always nice to hear back from our guest and understand their needs.

I would like to thank you again for your positive feedback and we hope to see you soon at Medina Classic Chippendale your home away from home.

Medina Classic Chippendale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Indonesian first
Mackay, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here with family for my parents 50th wedding anniverary.
We have stayed here before & found it so central.
The appartments are clean, the beds really comfortable, parking is cheap, staff are friendly & helpful & there are some great little cafes up the road for a leisurely breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank newycouple
Sid S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear newycouple,

On behalf of the team at Medina Classic Chippendale I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to make this special occasion for you and your family as comfortable and relaxing as possible. Our proximity to shops and cafes has always been a big convenience for our guest and I can see that you have been able to take advantage of our location.

I will be sharing your feedback with my team and its comments like yours that we thrive for and makes us do more for each guest that walks through our hotel doors.

I would like to thank you again for your valuable feedback and the team at Medina Classic Chippendale eagerly waits to welcome you again for your next stay with us.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed for two nights in November 2012 and found the place to be very clean with pleasant decor. Easy to catch a taxi with a little Thai restaurant down the road (so cheap) and staff very pleasant. Negatives - a charge to access the internet, remote needed batteries and couldn't understand why the cleaning staff would put the dishwasher on for 4 glasses. Nothing that couldn't be addressed - good place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Chrissy4244,

Thank you for staying at Medina Classic Chippendale and providing us with your valuable feedback.

We do appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with us. It is always a pleasure to read our guest comments and see how they have enjoyed their stay with us.

Our proximity to the city has always allowed our guest to enjoy the city attractions yet have a peaceful and relaxing stay away from all the street noise, which I can see was the case for you as well.

I will share your feedback with my team as well to let them know that their enthusiasm and friendliness are being acknowledged by our guests. I have also informed our housekeeping team about the shortfalls in our cleaning procedure which have already been addressed.

On behalf of the team at Medina Classic Chippendale I would like to thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We hope to see you again at Medina Classic Chippendale.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Unfortunately I am writing a negative review. Cockroaches.... On a number of occasions I made complaints during our five day stay and bar being given a can of spray to eliminate the critters myself little was done. We had two small children with us including our eighteen month old toddler. It seems my complaints and request for the manage to come and see us and to sort the issue went unresolved. Poor hygiene, poor service, I would not recommend although paying a lot if money. Shame Medina Classic!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Malekiwi
Sid S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Malekiwi,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I would like to start by apologising to you on behalf of my team and myself for not being able to resolve the matter straight away. We pride ourselves on the service we provide for our guests and I am disappointed this was not the case during your stay.

The testaments from our guests in the past will show that we have always valued our guests and made sure all their requests are meet with respect, sincerity and urgency.

I can assure you that the issues in your apartment have been dealt with the utmost urgency, since the matter being brought to my attention. We have had the apartment and the area around it examined by professionals.

Once again please accept our sincere apologies and if you would like to discuss this matter any further please contact me personally and I would be happy to answer any questions that you might have.

We hope this information will put your mind at ease and encourage you to confidently book another stay at Medina in the near future.

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

We just spent 3 nights at the Medina Chippendale near the University of Sydney, for our son's graduation. Originally booked into another hotel, we were in the vicinity recently and decided to ask to see a room in person. Thy, the receptionist on duty, was very helpful and able to show us a 2 bedroom apartment perfect for our needs - we were pleasantly surprised with the number and size of rooms and the fittings. We were offered a competitive rate and Thy took into account our special requests which were most appreciated. Ivy Street is generally quiet and feels safe - although the national broadband network seem to be at work in the area, and decided to use a jackhammer at 7am this morning, along with a fire alarm activation! Any minor issues were by far outweighed by the positive aspects of this hotel and the helpful nature of the staff.

Room Tip: rooms around coutryard have more balconies but stairs, whilst there are rooms with lift access
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TracySM
Sid S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Tracy SM,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay at Medina Classic Chippendale. It gives us great pleasure to see that our guest enjoy their stay with us and the modern furnishing and fitting in our apartments make each stay a comfortable stay.

Our location has always been a big advantage for us, as we are on a quiet suburban street and generally our guests enjoy a very peaceful stay with us. I am glad the fire alarm wasn’t too much of an inconvenience to you, but we have these detectors in all our apartments to make sure that our guest and team members are safe at all times.

I will make sure that I share your comments with my team and we hope to see you again in the near future at Medina Classic Chippendale.

Once again on behalf of the team at Medina Classic Chippendale I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Good service, Compact - Clean and Tidy, Comfortable beds. Fairly close to everything. Good size tv's
However some things do need attention.
1. A/C unit rattled a lot. It worked fine just noisy.
2.Unit Exhaust fan wined constantly, very annoying.
3. Bathroom fixtures loose. ie toilet seat & towel racks.

I would stay here again but I would request not to be in room 34.

Room Tip: Don't choose room 34.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sid S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Frank846,

I am pleased to hear that you were happy with the service that our team provided you and our location was convenient for you. A lot of our guests find it useful that we are away from all the noise yet so close to the city with easy access to public transport.

I would also like to thank you for bringing the above mentioned issues to our attention. Sometimes issues like sound from the A/C unit and exhaust fan are hard for our team to pick. So I thank you again for letting us know and I can assure you that these issues will be dealt with utmost urgency.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Medina Classic Chippendale. On Behalf of the whole team I thank you again for providing us with your positive feedback.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

The Medina Chippendale staff were exceptional. We only stayed one night, but they were very helpful a few times.
I originally booked a 2BR apartment. Circumstances changed, so I called to enquire about shifting to a 1BR apartment. No problem!
When we checked in, my credit card was immediately refunded the difference between the prepaid 2BR apartment and the 1BR apartment. Nice.
After we checked out, we were able to leave our bags at the hotel while we went out and about for a few hours. Convenient!
When we returned, they let us shower in the gym before we left for the airport. They didn't have to, since we'd already checked out, but they did - great service!
Small negatives: there was a bit of street noise (it was a Friday night), and the pillows were a bit lumpy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs to minimise street noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AllyRaven
Sid S, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your recent stay at Medina Classic Chippendale.

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to accommodate all your requests. I can assure you that your feedback will be shared with our team and it’s great to hear that they were able to assist you with all your queries.

Our team works very hard to make each stay for our guest as comfortable as possible and positive comments like yours make us thrive for more. We have taken on board your comments about the pillows and will make sure that we look into them.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to Medina Classic Chippendale.

On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us. Any feedback from our guest is of the highest value to us.

Medina Classic Chippendale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sydney
Surry Hills
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Surry Hills
Adina Apartment Hotel Norwest
#1 of 2 in Baulkham Hills

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale? Share your experiences!