“Home away from home”

Ranked #54 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Sydney
“Home away from home”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We just spent 3 nights at the Medina Chippendale near the University of Sydney, for our son's graduation. Originally booked into another hotel, we were in the vicinity recently and decided to ask to see a room in person. Thy, the receptionist on duty, was very helpful and able to show us a 2 bedroom apartment perfect for our needs - we were pleasantly surprised with the number and size of rooms and the fittings. We were offered a competitive rate and Thy took into account our special requests which were most appreciated. Ivy Street is generally quiet and feels safe - although the national broadband network seem to be at work in the area, and decided to use a jackhammer at 7am this morning, along with a fire alarm activation! Any minor issues were by far outweighed by the positive aspects of this hotel and the helpful nature of the staff.

Room Tip: rooms around coutryard have more balconies but stairs, whilst there are rooms with lift access
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TracySM
Sid S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Tracy SM,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay at Medina Classic Chippendale. It gives us great pleasure to see that our guest enjoy their stay with us and the modern furnishing and fitting in our apartments make each stay a comfortable stay.

Our location has always been a big advantage for us, as we are on a quiet suburban street and generally our guests enjoy a very peaceful stay with us. I am glad the fire alarm wasn’t too much of an inconvenience to you, but we have these detectors in all our apartments to make sure that our guest and team members are safe at all times.

I will make sure that I share your comments with my team and we hope to see you again in the near future at Medina Classic Chippendale.

Once again on behalf of the team at Medina Classic Chippendale I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

Medina Classic Chippendale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Indonesian first
Australia
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Good service, Compact - Clean and Tidy, Comfortable beds. Fairly close to everything. Good size tv's
However some things do need attention.
1. A/C unit rattled a lot. It worked fine just noisy.
2.Unit Exhaust fan wined constantly, very annoying.
3. Bathroom fixtures loose. ie toilet seat & towel racks.

I would stay here again but I would request not to be in room 34.

Room Tip: Don't choose room 34.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sid S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Frank846,

I am pleased to hear that you were happy with the service that our team provided you and our location was convenient for you. A lot of our guests find it useful that we are away from all the noise yet so close to the city with easy access to public transport.

I would also like to thank you for bringing the above mentioned issues to our attention. Sometimes issues like sound from the A/C unit and exhaust fan are hard for our team to pick. So I thank you again for letting us know and I can assure you that these issues will be dealt with utmost urgency.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Medina Classic Chippendale. On Behalf of the whole team I thank you again for providing us with your positive feedback.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The Medina Chippendale staff were exceptional. We only stayed one night, but they were very helpful a few times.
I originally booked a 2BR apartment. Circumstances changed, so I called to enquire about shifting to a 1BR apartment. No problem!
When we checked in, my credit card was immediately refunded the difference between the prepaid 2BR apartment and the 1BR apartment. Nice.
After we checked out, we were able to leave our bags at the hotel while we went out and about for a few hours. Convenient!
When we returned, they let us shower in the gym before we left for the airport. They didn't have to, since we'd already checked out, but they did - great service!
Small negatives: there was a bit of street noise (it was a Friday night), and the pillows were a bit lumpy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs to minimise street noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AllyRaven
Sid S, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your recent stay at Medina Classic Chippendale.

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to accommodate all your requests. I can assure you that your feedback will be shared with our team and it’s great to hear that they were able to assist you with all your queries.

Our team works very hard to make each stay for our guest as comfortable as possible and positive comments like yours make us thrive for more. We have taken on board your comments about the pillows and will make sure that we look into them.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to Medina Classic Chippendale.

On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us. Any feedback from our guest is of the highest value to us.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

I was very positively suprised by the room. Feels like home somehow. 2 bedrooms, comfortable living-room, clean appartment, fully equiped laundry and kitchen. Not in the city center but the train station is 5 mins walk. I paid around 650 for 4 nights so very good deal.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Sid S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Dear Rachono,

On behalf of the team at Medina Classic Chippendale I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and it felt like home for you. It is our goal to make each stay for our guest as comfortable and relaxing as possible and it’s nice to know that you enjoyed all the facilities within the apartment.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to having you with us again in the near future.

Estes Park, Colorado
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights for a conference at the University of Sydney. I almost stayed at the Hilton in the CBD because I have status in their loyalty program, but decided the convenience of being close to the university was worth trying something new. I am so delighted that I did! First, the suite was great - clean, renovated, very comfortable. It's got everything you need and more. The neighborhood was great - I wandered around on my first night and found two little art galleries, a take-away catering place with incredible food, and one of the best Thai restaurants I've ever been to (Thai Tha Hai). It's less than a 10 minute walk to the Redfern train station, which I easily did at night (it's very safe) rolling a suitcase behind me. The big Broadway mall is about 10 minutes away on foot - although it's not a particularly great mall in my opinion. Most of all, the service at the Medina Classic blew me away. Everyone that I dealt with was super friendly and helpful. Not a single time did I encounter a grumpy or even apathetic employee. Instead, they seemed delighted to help me out no matter what I needed. I stay in a lot of big business hotels and there's often an "air" about the employees - even though you are the customer, they act as though they are doing a favor (even if they are polite). None of that nonsense here. This truly was a delight and there's no question that I'll be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank everglades_gal
Sid S, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the team at Medina Classic Chippendale I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I have recently joined the team here at Medina Classic Chippendale and it is really encouraging to hear such positive feedback about the hotel and the team.

We have been working very hard to ensure we make each stay a memorable stay and your positive feedback helps us to keep up our service standards. I look forward to sharing your comments with my team.

It’s also great to hear that you enjoyed the location of Medina Classic Chippendale and took full advantage of exploring the neighbourhood. Being walking distance from Newtown, Glebe and Broadway provides our guests with exciting places and oppurtunities for entertainment.

I would like to thank you again for your time and feedback. It would be a pleasure to have you stay with us again at Medina Classic Chippendale. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back soon.

Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We had stayed here in Feb this year in a two bedroom apartment and were well satisfied. This time we booked a one bedroom apartment for four nights. Booked early on Wotif and got a great price. We had to add an extra night just prior to our stay and the booking was handled efficiently, via email direct with the hotel. We arrived embarrassingly early following a flight from Vietnam. Chris, at reception, was super-friendly and obliging. He allowed us to leave our bags and took my mobile phone number in order to contact us when the room was ready. We were most grateful to get in to our room around 11am, especially as the complex had been full the previous night.
The apartment was immaculate, spacious and sunny.We had a small balcony. The bed was comfortable. The kitchen was a good size and the washer and drier were a real bonus. Check out was efficient.
We chose the location specifically for its proximity to the University. It is an easy walk to the shopping and food of Newtown. It is also a short walk to the cafes and shopping in Glebe and Broadway. Close to bus stops and Redfern train station.
We look forward to staying there again on our next trip to Sydney.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank saafi11
Dear Saafi11,

On behalf of the team at Medina Classic Chippendale I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. It is fantastic to hear your positive feedback about how efficiently our team was able to handle both your request.

We have recently refurbished all our apartments to make sure we are maintaining our high standards of service on which we pride ourselves. It makes me glad that your stay was comfortable and you were able to use all the facilities within the apartment.

Our proximity to University of Sydney, Newtown, Glebe and Broadway ensures our guests are within walking distance from these places. I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of these vibrant places.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back at Medina Classic Chippendale.

Shellharbour, Australia
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Quick one night stay to be close to Newtown. We found the apartment itself to be quiet, spacious and with modern furnishings. Great comfortable large bed. We booked online early through the Medina website and ordered the more romance package (including a bottle of wine, Lindt chocolates and a late checkout of 12 noon). Upon arrival there were no wine or chocolates, after phoning reception we were told we needed to bring our letter of confirmation to the front desk to get our extras. After doing this my partner returned with a bottle of wine in his hand (no ice bucket) and a packet of Tim Tams (an "upgrade" from the Lindt chocolates). We also had a house maid enter our room at 10.30am the following day telling us we needed to check out. Staff also attempted to charge us for parking which we didn't use. If we hadn't paid extra for the romance package which didn't really exist I would have nothing but praise for the apartment.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lainie J
Kyle K, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at Medina Classic Chippendale. I am disappointed to read that our service was not up to standard. I will share your feedback with relevant departments to ensure there is no confusion for any future stays.

I am sorry to hear you were not aware of our 10am check out time, this is advertised both on our website and the confirmation letter emailed to you. Our reception team are more than happy to accommodate any late check out requests when pre arranged.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback, any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Jessica Bergman
Relief Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sydney
Adina Apartment Hotel Norwest
#1 of 2 in Baulkham Hills
Surry Hills
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Surry Hills

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Chippendale? Share your experiences!