“Sydney stay”

Rydges Sydney Central
Ranked #71 of 174 Hotels in Sydney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Bathurst Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed here in January 2014 for three nights to have a little get away just the two of us. We had a good rate based off the Sunrise (tv show) special that was advertised about a month before we booked in.
The room was comfortable with all the conveniences you would need generally. Breakfast was good and lots of variety at the buffet including yummy croissants, juices, pancakes and hot mushrooms to go with the eggs. Don't bother choosing the type of coffee you want on the coffee machine. Cuppacino, latte, machiatto all gave us a black espresso but there was a lot of milk nearby so you still get a morning cuppa. On the last day it did behave and we scored a latte and a cuppacino before it went back to espresso only mode (win).
Location is the key to this hotel. Its close enough to walk to the CBD, Central Station, Darling Harbour and China Town. The pool is nice, reception staff pleasant and parking was easy for us. There is also a phone charging station in the foyer if you need a facebook fix while your partner books in.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Albury, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

For a hotel that is 4.5 stars it was reasonably disapointing and what I would expect from something with a lower rating.

The single beds are definitely smaller than a normal king single, unless we have different ideas on what size a king single should be and I found myself almost falling out tossing and turning trying to sleep through the television volume of someone else's tv and the noise on the street below. I could also hear the doors and beeping locks of those coming and going from their rooms which reminded me of nights staying in the YHA.

We had tried to call the concierge when we first arrived as the room had been configured with a king bed but the phone was never answered.

The only really positive moment was the next day when we checked out and our parking ticket was extended to finish at 3pm instead of 12, something we greatly appreciated as we were heading in to Circular Quey and not sure when we would be back. Thank you for that!

Overall though I probably won't return to this hotel again, and won't be suggesting it to my friends or colleagues.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

The Sebel hotel is conveniently located for a access to Surry Hills, Central Station and Haymarket. The hotel usually has a mixed clientele of business travellers and holiday makers.

I would recommend due to the location, size of the rooms and access to transport.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors to avoid noise from the pub.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Filthy.
1. Blood on "fresh" sheets
2. Stool all around rim of toilet bowl.
Management claimed the blood was rust until he saw the pictures we took and said "ok that's clearly blood"...and claimed we were lying about the stool! Defensive and reactionary. Unhelpful. Complete waste of money. 4.5 stars - no way!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Travel_Life_1985
HK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Room is simple n clean, not a fancy one.
Staffs are friendly but not too helpful. I asked them how to take public transportation to the city, they just told me to take a taxi, but then on the last day of my stay, I found that it's only 5 mins walk to train station and that can take me to most of the places in the city. Upon arrival, I asked for free wifi, the staff gave me a 30mins daily pass. Then on the next day, I asked for free wifi pass again, another staff told me since I'm an accor member, I can have free wifi in room for the whole stay.
If you are a foodie, u can find many great restaurants around. I tried the Gelato Messina, Chur Burger and Reuben's. Even the little restaurant next door serving fresh fruit juice are very good.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple