I booked through Qantas hotels to use some points. I had a minor problem at checkin as even though I had clearly indicated the booking was for 2 adults and 2 children and was bed and breakfast, the hotel tried to say the breakfast was only for the adults. I had to show them the reciept which clearly said 2 adults, 2 children bed and breakfast and then really stand my ground and argue with them to get the kids breakfast included but they did do it in the end. I had booked a balcony room which I didnt get but the family were so over the first fight they didnt want to argue again so I just made sure I wasnt charged any extra for it.
However, after all of that, the room was large and light. there was a king bed and a double sofa and a flat screen TV as well as a desk with mini bar etc. There was plenty of room for out suitcases and we didnt feel crowded in. The bed was very hard and I didnt sleep wel in it at all but my hubby liked it, so thats the probelm with hotel beds I guess! We were on the 5th floor which has an outdoor deck area with chairs and tables which we made good use of. The pool was on the next floor down with internal stairs connecting it to the gym on the next floor down again. The pool, spa and sauna were fine. The gym was pretty good and lovely and cool.
Breakfast was pretty standard hotel buffet fare. the kids loved it. the pancake maker was good and the food was fresh, the staff are a little slow at clearing your empty plates so we ended up with plates piled up on the table which was a bit poor. There were free newspapers and in all it was ok. The coffee was terrilble but then this seems to be a Sydney thing!
The location is good, we walked into the Pitt St mall and down to Paddy's markets and darling harbour. Central station is close and easy to get to places like Bondi junction. Crown st is a few blocks up Albion St from the hotel and has great restaurants.
We would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4.5 star hotel in Surry Hills. 271 guestrooms, with a 15m heated indoor pool, spa, sauna & gymnasium. Along with 2 restaurants and bars & cafe. ideal space for meetings, events & conferences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rydges Sydney Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel Surry Hills Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Surry Hills Sydney
- Citigate Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Surry Hills Hotel Sydney