A change to flight arrangements meant we had a single night stay at the Sebel before moving on to other Sydney accommodation. Due to a promotion we were offered an upgraded room at a special rate and thought that we were in for something special. What we found was a quite ordinary hotel room which was showing signs of wear and tear, certainly nothing special and not quite measuring up to its 4.5 star rating.
The room was quite small, and the door and wall had dents or possibly holes which appeared to have been rather messily patched. The bathroom was functional although by no means anything out of the ordinary.
A discounted buffet breakfast rate is offered at check-in which we took advantage of and found it to be reasonable in terms of both quality and range.
Would we stay again? Probably not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4.5 star hotel in Surry Hills. 271 guestrooms, with a 15m heated indoor pool, spa, sauna & gymnasium. Along with 2 restaurants and bars & cafe. ideal space for meetings, events & conferences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rydges Sydney Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel Surry Hills Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Surry Hills Sydney
- Citigate Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Surry Hills Hotel Sydney