Check in was quick and easy, we were even allowed to check in early which was an unexpected bonus. The room was clean and spacious with nice sized bathroom, but the noise from the lift zooming up and down was a bit annoying. The bed was uneven and not the best but the pillows were good. We stayed for 8 nights and it seemed you had to leave the room before 9.30-10 to ensure it got serviced. We were looking forward to using the pool and at first glance it was great water was clean and plenty of towels but the tiles between the water and the edge of the pool were really dirty and in need of a clean. We went to Albies for breakfast and the selection was very good, however the evening meal there was a different story. Service at the restaurant was poor, it seemed there was only one waitress working (the rest appeared to be serving the conference rooms at the other side of the building), we had to get up and get ourselves some water as we were dying of thirst and no waitress to be seen. As a vegetarian my choices were limited which is not unusual but the salad starter option looked like it had literally been thrown on the plate and the flavors did not compliment each other. My partner had the quiche and it apparently tasted microwaved and was soggy. My main course was terrible, there was what I think was meant to be a salad garnish that had shriveled while waiting to be brought out, and the actual meal of zucchini fritter with mozzarella and tomato was terrible a soggy mess with no flavor. My partners steak was over cooked and not good. We didn't stay to risk being disappointed with pudding. The write up on their website suggested this was a 4 and half star hotel so I had high expectations that just weren't met and whilst the front of house staff were great and the location handy for the city I won't be staying at The Sebel Surry Hills again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4.5 star hotel in Surry Hills. 271 guestrooms, with a 15m heated indoor pool, spa, sauna & gymnasium. Along with 2 restaurants and bars & cafe. ideal space for meetings, events & conferences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rydges Sydney Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel Surry Hills Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Surry Hills Sydney
- Citigate Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Surry Hills Hotel Sydney