Rydges Sydney Central
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)
$192
$130
  • Room Service
$164
  • Restaurant
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$118
$195
$182
Agoda.com
1,818 results
All reviewssurry hillscentral stationalbion streetbuffet breakfastcrown stdeluxe roomroom servicebooked this hotelhandy locationreception stafflate checkdarling harbourlight railan easy walkpublic transporttownhousechinatown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Great location, close to Central station, Capitol Theatre, Chinatown. Very inexpensive, would recommend for anyone wanting cheap, clean, overnight accommodation. Buffet breakfast was adequate, staff friendly.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I am travelling around Australia mainly backpacking and having seversl months in hostels I needed a break before I left Sydney. I booked this through the mystery hotel deal and I was pleasantly surprised. I have stopped in various accomodation around the world and I really liked it. I would say only worthy of 4 stars (not the 4.5 it rates itself on).
Key points are the rooms, bed, and staff. All very good. I wrote a cheeky note to housekeeping so I ccan get the extra cookies and they obliged. The breakfast which I got on the final two days was very good. I had room service once as I was in need of it. The mash was not hot enough but the rest was good.

Some poor points - the tv whilst is a flat screen does not offer epg (telling you whats on), to make it a five star the pool fitness need combining and better facilities making with it onsite staff plus massage and spa facilities etc. The lifts need locking down after 10pm to provide better security with key only access (no issues at the time just an observation). I would also say provide more reasonable wi fi access the.cost is to high. It should be more reasonable.

Other than that I will stay again but only give you 4 stars.

P.s I phoned housekeeping and my special sunglasses have not been found. I know I kwft th in my room 809. If anyone finds them can you hand them :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank FOXPRESIDENT
Sebel S, General Manager at Rydges Sydney Central, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear FOXPRESIDENT

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at The Sebel Surry Hills Sydney. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you also for providing some poor points you found during your stay. We take all guest feedback very seriously and we are taking the appropriate measures to address these problems to prevent future occurrence.

I will follow up with housekeeping regarding your sunglasses.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one

Kind Regards
Paul Donnelly
The Sebel Surry Hills Sydney

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed there 2 times.The first time was a night with my cousin (different rooms) who stayed there 2 nights in Dec (26th & 27th) and left her brand new iphone charger in the room. On the 28th I rang them and told them I would stay with them the following week and wanted to collect the lost property. The girl on the phone confirmed they have the charger and said I could get it when I check in at reception.
However I had to remind them during check-in and was told they would deliver it to my room.
I went out for dinner and came back waited about 45 minutes but nothing happened. So I rang reception, had to tell the whole story to the guy who answered the phone and was told he would ring me back.
Until 10PM still nothing happened, I had to ring them back and had to tell the story again and was told they couldn't find it!!! 10 minutes later, the guy rang me back and asking whether I wanted him to deliver it to my room. I told him to leave it at reception and I would collect it when I check out the next day as I was already in bed at the time.
The next day, when I check out, no one mentioned about the charger. The girl asked the SAME story once more when I asked where is my charger! Then she rang the lost property department and told me to wait couple of minutes and they would deliver it to reception. I waited 10 minutes and no one came. I DON'T understand how difficult it is!!! Does it sounds right???It's just a charger. If they told me they didn't find it at the first time, I wouldn't care about it, now it's no longer about the charger but PISSED OFF by the crap service!
After 3 phone calls, some one finally deliver the charger downstairs. I put it into my bag and rushing out to catch up the train. When I double checked it on the train - HOLY CRAP they gave me a rubbish! Check the phone uploaded - it's dirty and broken like has been used for years in bad condition and should be in the bin already!
After repeating the story 5 times and went through all that, I still couldn't deliver my word to my cousin.
And this is what you call it "professional service"? 4.5 star???
I was angry but now I feel it's a JOKE!

2  Thank flymanmel

Dear Guest from Melbourne

Thank you for your feedback. I was disappointed to read that there were elements of your stay that did not meet your expectations. We take all guest feedback very seriously and we are taking the appropriate measures to address these problems to prevent future occurrence.

If you would like to discuss this matter with me further, please call (02) 9289 0000 and ask to speak with myself or email H8792-GM@accor.com and I will follow this up.

I hope that you will accept our apology and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Kind Regards
Paul Donnelly
The Sebel Surry Hills Sydney

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Hotel's air conditioning couldn't cope with the extreme temperatures outside. One fo the two elevators was also out of action resulting in long waits for the remianing elevator. The room was hot and stuffy and the maintenance man told me that he could do nothing to lower the temperature. Hotel staff were understanding but couldn't do anything to make the stay a bit more comfortable.

3  Thank marie5213
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife and I have live in Blue Mountains ttwo hours or so west of Sydney and the Sebel Surry Hills is our number one choice of stay when we stay in town. Granted we always book when there is good internet deal but it always delivers. Good location, great service, great rooms (including beds) and a better than most buffet breakfast. In past stays the breakfast has included cook to order omletes which are sensational. We have stayed at more expensive five star hotels on occasion but we always consider the Sebel Surry Hills to be the best value overall. Our most recent stay 03/01/2013 & 04/01/2013 (two nights) was followed by a one night stay at the Sebel Pier One on the 05/01/2013. While we enjoyed our one night at the Sebel Pier One it still still compare despite the Harbour Views. Subscribe to various internet sites including Accor and Travelzoo and you will get great deals for this great hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple