Stayed in a few hotels recently in Sydney, the first hotel being the Sebel Surry Hills. After flying across the world, I was looking forward to a quiet night with my partner in, what I initially thought, was a nice quiet hotel. After about 30 minutes of checking in, a full scale row/riot/fight broke out on our corridor between some indian guys/ladies/families. It was extremely shocking to listen to and the police were called to settle the dispute between these 'guests'. Not a great experience on my first night in Sydney after flying for 30 hours. The next day I went down to complain and the duty manager apologied and awarded us witha nice bottle of pinot noir which was nice.
I must say - this was the only problem I had with this place. Its actually one of the better hotels in Sydney, looking back. The rooms are clean, it has a good gym, its fairly centrally located and it has parking (at a premium price). The hotel is also close to the station which is handy if you want to travel to the outskirts of Sydney.
All in all I would stay here again.
Just make sure you have a better disaster plan in place if another riot takes place on one of your levels. Im sure that was a one off but it was quite disturbing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4.5 star hotel in Surry Hills. 271 guestrooms, with a 15m heated indoor pool, spa, sauna & gymnasium. Along with 2 restaurants and bars & cafe. ideal space for meetings, events & conferences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Rydges Sydney Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel Surry Hills Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Surry Hills Sydney
- Citigate Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Surry Hills Hotel Sydney