Good location was the best thing I could say about this hotel. While it is clean and moderately comfortable, the rooms are soul-less and devoid of many comforts and features that should be standard. My strongest negative was that so many things didn't work - it was becoming almost comical in the end. The TV, the (non-existent but advertised) safe in the room, the inaccessible though heavily promoted swimming pool. Every piece of equipment I tried in the gym - no wonder it was deserted. The computers probably worked but I was amazed there was a charge to use them as I was there for a conference. There was also a charge for WiFi - standard in much less expensive accom. places. Breakfast in the restaurant was very basic, as were other meals. However the service was friendly and the hotel was reasonable value given its location close to Central Station (if you're not going to travel by trains, the location wouldn't be a plus).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4.5 star hotel in Surry Hills. 271 guestrooms, with a 15m heated indoor pool, spa, sauna & gymnasium. Along with 2 restaurants and bars & cafe. ideal space for meetings, events & conferences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Rydges Sydney Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel Surry Hills Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Surry Hills Sydney
- Citigate Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Surry Hills Hotel Sydney