“Thank You Sydney Pearl Cruise”

Sydney Pearl Cruise
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Hi Sydney Pearl Cruises
I would just like to send you a big thank you for a wonderful night out on the harbour my staff and i had a ball.
We have tried many venues over the years for our work parties but our night with you is one we shall surely remember.
The food was great, the DJ accepted our requests and the views of the harbour were enjoyed by all.

A big thank you from all os us.

Toni Barnes

4  Thank Toni B

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Strawberrychocs nailed this one, I think: yes, the food and "entertainment" are mediocre, but if you'd like an evening cruise on the harbor, this is a very reasonable, very discounted opportunity. On my cruise, the crew was very accomodating; the music videos--which included many "oldies"--were amusing and at times even entertaining. In contrast to other cruises, this one also offers the opportunity to meet locals, who constituted the majority of the crowd.

2  Thank Pentwater--summerjoy
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is the most disgraceful cruise/meal I have ever had to experience in my life! The staff spoke little english, the food was cold. The prawns were mushy. Dessert was served on plastic plates and the tea and coffee was served in polastryne cups. The wine was like flavored water and the music was that loud my ear drums killed after the 3 hours and Im only 27! We came off and went for a meal somewhere else it is an absolute disgrace!

8  Thank Karina d
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We purchased a deal through Spreets which was $39 each for a lunch or dinner cruise and our experience has been really poor so this review is going to be quite brutally honest. Our first impression was not good, when even just trying to get on board was a big nightmare for us. We booked a dinner cruise well in advance and were told to call back at a later date to confirm the booking, when I called back I was advised that my booking could no longer be accepted due to a private function being organised for that night, fair enough that was a little bit annoying but understandable, what wasn't forgivable and fair enough is the utter rudeness of the staff member I spoke to. Anyway, I tried to book for another night and my booking was taken but again I was told I had to call back to confirm. Yep, you guessed it, when I called back to confirm I was told that my booking could not be accepted and that I should think about booking for a lunch cruise instead, yet again rudely. Particularly frustrating when we were specifically wanting to do a dinner cruise, but I took their advice anyway and booked for a lunch cruise. At this point I was then told that the reason I couldn't get my original bookings was because they'd gone and sold another voucher (same price but with another deal company) over the top of my existing bookings, one would think they could have kept my booking and then only sold vouchers for the vacancies that they did have.

Oh well, all of this aside, we've tried to keep smiling and be optimistic about the cruise, but that's been particularly difficult. All I can say is we're really really disappointed. First of all for a buffet lunch cruise it started very late (1:30pm) and even then it took off late so we weren't even eating until after 2pm, next thing we notice is that the roof was leaking in several places and they just didn't really seem to care all that much and it appeared as if they left the bread rolls that had gotten wet on the table for those guests, lovely. Now, on to the food, a flavorless pasta, fatty yet died out roast chicken, a bland noodle dish and half cooked vegetables and if that doesn't sound unappealing enough all of the dishes were not even hot. There were also some salads and prawns, but after the initial plate I really wasn't keen to try anything else.

The boat reaks of fuel, the captain spent a lot of time cleaning the windows and didn't even really steer the boat all that much and we spent half of the time drifting almost aimlessly in the middle of the harbour, yes the boat still toured up and down but the boats positioning in the harbour was not quite right. There were several times when the bow of the boat was heading straight towards the land and then there were other times when we came just a little bit too close to the shore for my liking. Oh and the onboard entertainment, yeah pitiful. It included some terrible rap and popular music being played very low and even then that stopped about half way through the cruise and then only started again near the end.

Now, I know that everyone is free to make their own choices and I am only one person and this is only my experience, but I personally would not recommend this cruise to any of my friends or family.

22  Thank kelldo
Reviewed March 20, 2012

It was a pleasant enough way to spend 3 hours of our evening in Sydney. Basic set up on a 2-deck, twin-hauled boat with 6 to 8 people at a table, so if you're looking for a cosy couple set up, this may not be the cruise for you. Buffet food was average and we were asked to help ourselves table by table. Fair enough since there wasn't much space for everyone to go up at the same time. However, depending on where you are sitting, you could wait almost an hour for your turn at the buffet, while the tables that went up first finished eating long before you even got to the buffet for your turn. The cruise was around the Sydney Harbour and the boat just kept going round in circles which meant the Opera House, Harbour Bridge, etc to your left, right, front, back, over & over again the entire cruise. The last bit after you've had your fill and taken numerous photos of all the Sydney Icons, was a bit dragged out and while we had an enjoyable time, couldn't wait for the cruise to end. Worth the amount we paid through a heavily discount website, but we wouldn't pay the full price they normally charge, for this cruise.

20  Thank strawberrychocs