Elephant Backpacker
$160
$152
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)
$156
$206
$179
$192
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$126
$119
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsbudget hostelclean linenbig hostelcleaned dailythe ground floorhot watercommon areascouple of nightsenjoyed my stayfew minutes walkopera househeaps
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Two friends and I came and stayed at Elephant, the staff were friendly, the rooms were nice and big and contained lockers to lock away valuables. It was cheap and easy to find, they provided a shuttle to and from the airport which made it easy when trying to get back and forth. Really good location. They also had organized nights out which made it a really easy to meet new people and see the night life Sydney had to offer. We stayed at a number of hostels throughout our travels in australia but this was by far the best one we stayed at, I would definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: 8 bed dorms
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I checked into elephant intending to stay a few days and ended up staying for months. I met loads of great friends here. It was cheap and cheerful but exactly what I needed on my budget. It is relatively clean an the staff were always happy to help me with if something was wrong. I will definitely go back here for a few days before I leave Australia!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Only booked for 1 night cause it was the cheapest in Sydney and was flying
out next day. Reviews make you think its going to be a dump but the
hostel was a surprise. Staff tried to be friendly, shower was clean and room was big with clean
linen. I didn’t bother trying to cook and used the cafe instead. Not
many communal spaces but what was there was ok and full of guests. Easy
to meet people.

Room Tip: Cheapest price is on there own website
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stayed at Elephant Backpackers with a group of friends for just over a week and I had a really good time. The location was great, that was a selling point for us, and the price was really good for that area. It was relatively clean with cleaners on throughout the day and the staff were very helpful. 24 Hour reception which was good as we arived very late after a delayed flight.

Room Tip: I stayed in both 8 bed and 6 beb dorms, all with secure lockers and plenty of space
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stayed here with my boyfriend in a private room and thought it was a nice hostel. It was very basic but clean and exactly what you pay for. The café attached had great food with different deals throughout the week. Staff were nice and helped you were they could. I would recommend you to stay here if on a budget.

• Stayed: December 2013