“fall over”

IMAX Theatre Sydney
Ranked #13 of 100 Fun & Games in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: Under renovation and scheduled to reopen in 2019. SEE MORE, HEAR MORE, FEEL MORE. IMAX is the ultimate movie experience. With crystal clear images towering eight stories high, and 15,000 watts of digital surround sound, IMAX has the power to take you to places you may have only dreamed of visiting.Located in the heart of Darling Harbour, the IMAX Theatre Sydney is home to the WORLD'S LARGEST CINEMA SCREEN! With a wide variety of stunning blockbuster feature films and classic IMAX documentaries - screened in both 2D and 3D - IMAX has something to suit all ages and interests. Climb with adventurers to some of the world's highest peaks. Experience the weightlessness of space alongside astronauts. Dive into the undersea world of the most fearsome great white sharks. Only IMAX lets you feel like you're really there!
Reviewed January 8, 2013

It was so dark inside before the movie that I almost fell over trying to get to my seat. The show began later than the stared time. After the show it was dark I almost fell again. Also when I put my complaint through online the person did not answer satisfactorily

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I saw The Hobbit here and it was an amazing experience. My daughter had bought brilliant seats but it is my impression that everyone really rated the experience. It felt like you were in the film or on a ride. There was a moment where I thought I would get motion sick but that passed quickly and I became totally absorbed. I just loved it and can't recommend it highly enough. In fact on my return home I went with my other children to an Imax near our home to see the same film. I don't think I want to see a film any other way now! The 3D effects are brilliant and really enhanced the whole cinema experience.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have just seen the Hobbit with 5 friends at the Imax Sydney. The film appeared to be a good film (story), however, the 3D Imax format is wrong for this film, with much of the fast moving action a blur. The tickets were not cheap and I will now have to see the film again in a standard format. I advise everyone to watch this film in standard format as the Imax 3D format is a gross waste of money.

1  Thank Brian L
Reviewed December 28, 2012

great screen, specially in 3D. You need to watch a movie there rather than a halfheartly produced doco. Wish I saw avatar there!