“Frightening climb but worth it”
Review of BridgeClimb

Ranked #1 of 341 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: See Sydney at its best - take the Climb of Your Life with BridgeClimb Sydney. With our Climb Leaders as your guide, you will suit-up in our specially designed outdoor gear and ascend. From its fascinating underbelly to its summit, 134m above the Harbour, the Bridge is the pride of Sydney. From dawn until dusk, the view from the top is always different. Climbs are available at dawn (limited departures), during the day, twilight or night. Don’t miss out on this unforgettable, and uniquely “Sydney” experience.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Frightening climb but worth it”
Reviewed August 12, 2008

I climbed the Harbour Bridge in 2007 and just wanted to reassure those who are afraid of heights like I am - yes, it is quite scary but you are completely safe and it is definitely worth doing. You get amazing views from the top of the Bridge, especially on a clear day, and the feeling of standing at the top is indescribable.

5 Thank HansniLondon

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Redmond, WA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Loved the climb in Sydney”
Reviewed June 18, 2008

Day two of our trip to Sydney included the Bridge Climb. It was fabulous. Did the climb on May 30th, sunny and about 65 degrees. The 360 degree view of Sydney and all the harbors was spectacular. Would highly recommend this as a "special" treat to your family. If in Sydney, Just Do It. You will not regret the experience. See the picture of our family from on top.

2 Thank lowmanwa
Folkestone, United Kingdom
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 321 helpful votes
“Definitely the highlight of my trip to Sydney”
Reviewed May 19, 2008

I was a little hesitant about doing BridgeClimb as I'm not too great with heights - well the fear of falling from them more than actually being at a height. However after doing the climb it was definitely the hightlight of my trip to Sydney!

The staff at checkin were efficient and friendly, as was the climb leader. There was a girl in our group who was really scared of heights and he made sure she was as comfortable as possible. He also made jokes to make me feel better too and they worked.

The climb to the top wasn't as tiring as I thought it would be. As long as you can climb a ladder and walk a couple of km without having to sit down you will be ok with the climb. There are regular stops all over the climb for people to get their breath if needed, and for safety checks etc. During these times the leader will point out places of interest and features of the bridge.

The views from the top, as you can see in my photo, are amazing. You can see all of Sydney, all of the sights around the harbour and all the way out to the sea. I think the cloud helped here as we didn't need sunglasses and it wasn't too bright - but the view when it's sunny would have been amazing.

So that you don't miss any of the experience the commentary from the leader is via headphones that dont have earpieces - they use technology developed by the Australian Special Forces which uses your body as the earpiece allowing you to hear the commentary without interrupting the experience around you or any conversation you may be having with other climbers.

The climb is 100% safe and secure both for you and your property. All items such as wallets, bags, phones and anything like that is stored in a locker at the base, and you take a key with you. There is redundancy on everything but it is seamless - the safety aspect does not interfere with the experience.

Overall I'm glad I did the bridge climb. There were a couple of metal catwalks that made me a bit nervous, but the whole experience was definitely the highlight of my time in Sydney. The view was great, the people were great and it is something I will remember forever.

7 Thank scottcabal
virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Worth every penny”
Reviewed May 5, 2008

My wife and I did the Bridgeclimb back in February at 5pm and it was worth every penny. Even though we did not pay for the sunset climb it was getting dark by the time we started going back down so we got to see Sydney at night on the bridge which was excellent.

There were a couple people in our group who were "older" and they had no trouble with the climb.
They do not rush you and do a good job with the instructions and comments!

I would do this my next time in Sydney and not complain about the price due to the great views and experience they provide.

2 Thank mmmeyerisu
Savannah, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Sydney Harbour Bridge - I climbed it!”
Reviewed April 28, 2008

If you're looking for an exciting experience that you'll never forget while visiting Sydney - doing the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb is a must!

Although the experience is a bit pricey - i think about $270 - it's worth every penny. You're heart races as you climb the stairs up to the top of the bridge, but once you reach the top and are able to see the beauty of the harbour from above, it's amazing!

We went during the "dusk" tour, but you can also do a "daytime" or "night" climb. The dusk tour was nice because we were able to see the city in some daylight, but also the lights at night. For the full effect of feeling like you're on top of the world, I'd suggest the daytime climb.

2 Thank abbyaustralia