“The view is worth it!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 338 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: See Sydney at its best - take the Climb of Your Life with BridgeClimb Sydney. With our Climb Leaders as your guide, you will suit-up in our specially designed outdoor gear and ascend. From its fascinating underbelly to its summit, 134m above the Harbour, the Bridge is the pride of Sydney. From dawn until dusk, the view from the top is always different. Climbs are available at dawn (limited departures), during the day, twilight or night. Don’t miss out on this unforgettable, and uniquely “Sydney” experience.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Sydney, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“The view is worth it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had been given a voucher for the Bridge Climb as a birthday gift, and it is certainly not something I would pick for myself being terrified of heights!
I have to say however that apart from the actual ladder climbing part to get on & off the bridge, it wasn't too difficult, and even as a previously city dwelling Sydneysider, the views were so spectacular that it took my mind completely off the height altogether.
We did the twilight climb which was absolutely stunning, and something I'd recommend.
Really enjoyed the experience, but probably wouldn't do it again, as I found the 300 odd dollar price tag (paid for the other ticket), way over the top, even for our overpriced land of Oz.
TIPS:
* Do NOT drink beforehand...take that seriously. They literally breath test you before you go up.
* It's a 'go ahead rain, hail or shine' activity, and you will lose your money if you book and can't go last minute, so be very, very careful about timing the experience at the right time of year!
* The locker storage is super secure (but small), so don't be afraid to time it after doing other things where you might have a small backpack with you.

Visited April 2013

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“What an experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Excellent from beginning to end. Safety briefing very professional. Climbing gear comfortable.Guide and view excellent.

Visited February 2013
Perth, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“It's worth a climb”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I did the 3hr bridge climb with only 4 people in my group so I thought this was a huge advantage to us. The guide (Billy, very down to earth guy) was very experienced & funny tour leader. He answered all our questions & more. I felt having such a small group meant the tour was a more personalised experience. The views from the top are beautiful & bridge itself is an amazing sight. The hard work of the labourers really hits home when Billy spoke about the conditions they worked in back in the day....
We're truly lucky to have such beautiful views in our own backyard. We paid $250 per person for a 3hr climb that price included 2 photos. I think it's worth the money although I wouldn't do it again as we're from Perth. Overall I am happy :)
Highlight: We even witnessed a proposal at the top of Harbour Bridge - very sweet! The staff helped arrange this secretly so the lady had no idea ;)

Visited June 2013
Strathaven
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“What a View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I climbed Sydney Harbour Bridge on a beautiful day with a clear blue sky. The views from the top were superb,and it was just a great experience.
I did the Discovery Climb which gives a better opportunity so see more of the bridge structure itself as you climb up on the lower arch before you go up to the top at the centre of the bridge.
It was ridiculously expensive at £146 (at a very poor exchange rate of 1.4 AUD to the £ at the time) but notwithstanding this an experience not to be missed !!

Visited May 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
222 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 172 helpful votes
“Stunning piece of Architecture!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

We did not do the Harbour bridge climb, but we did walk across it and back. There is also the option to climb up the stanchions at either end but this is about $12 which we didn't think was worth it. The views are spectacular even from the height of the bridge road! Well worth the walk!

Visited June 2013