“Better than I thought!”

Ranked #1 of 355 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: See Sydney at its best - take the Climb of Your Life with BridgeClimb Sydney! With our Climb Leaders as your guide, you will suit-up in our specially designed outdoor gear and ascend the arches of the coathanger. From dawn until dusk, the view from the top is always different. Climbs are available at dawn (limited departures), during the day, twilight or night. Did you know there's more than one way to the top? choose between the original BridgeClimb, a 3.5h experience travelling on the upper arch, The BridgeClimb Express, which travels on the inner arch and bursts through to the summit from below in 2h 15min, or the BridgeClimb Sampler, a 90 minute experience that reaches a vantage point half way to the top. The BridgeClimb and BridgeClimb express are also offered in Mandarin. We also offer Special Event Climbs for some of Sydney's Festivals, such as Vivid Sydney or Australia day. Don’t miss out on this unforgettable, and uniquely “Sydney” experience!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was quite apprehensive about climbing the bridge as I'm not a great fan of heights but this was not scary at all! You are safely attached to the rail at all times and your guide is busy talking you through the sights so you almost forget to be scared! The bridgeclimb was very well organised and very safety conscious so we felt safe at all times and once you get past the ladders and out onto the bridge the views are amazing! You can't come to Sydney and not do this - it is a must! I would recommend - we climbed in the day, if I was to come back again then it would have to be a night time climb. I would give 5 stars but the experience is very pricey - this is the only reason I am not giving a full 5 stars.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,488)

Reviewed April 10, 2013

If it wasn't because I got the chance to do it for free I simply wouldn't paid for it.

The view is magnificent. It was not that physically challenging, more like a walk up and down the stairs rather than a 'climb'. The guides are very good. Safety's well taken care of by the operators. It's certainly an amazing experience but probably not for those looking for bigger thrill.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Did the climb. Very well organised and top quality on all the safety/customer care side. Started the climb in twilight and then moved into full darkness. Has to be the best time.

When you first walk out over the road and the water, with a little bit of clambering (all easy/safe), with the noise of the traffic, the boats below, the trains thumping-by and helicopters flying overhead it is all absolutely amazing. It is exhilarating. The views are undoubtedly stunning. Then climbing up thru the lanes of traffic either side of you up onto the arch is again amazing. The views....

But from there on, my enthusiasm waned. It just seemed to be a series of drawn out stops for them to take photos of you. Four photo-stops and one video - boff. I came to see the bridge and the views not pictures of me trying to look amusing/witty.

Left with mixed feeling.

I'm not sure whether I would recommend or not.

1  Thank DinFrance
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I climbed Sydney Harbour Bridge with my family, it's a great trip out they are very organised and I learnt a lot from the climb about Sydney. The views are great whatever time of day or night, I would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I did the bridge climb with my 11-year-old daughter as part of a tour of Oz. We felt it was a must-do while in Sydney and I guess we had fallen for the hype a bit. In reality, yes it was really good to do but when we came to do our top 20 experiences in Australia at the end of our holiday, the bridge climb didn't make our top ten. I can't really explain why. Maybe it was because it just takes too long. The safety stuff goes on forever and although the view from the top is magical, much of the rest of the climb up (and especially down) is a bit boring. Our guide was trotting out a load of facts but to be honest it wasn't that well delivered and after a while you think "Ok, I've done it, now can we get down please!". It is VERY expensive and whilst I'm glad to be able to say "I've stood at the top of that", it wasn't the truly memorable experience I hoped it would be.

1  Thank braceyerselfrodney