“Awesome!”

Ranked #1 of 339 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: See Sydney at its best - take the Climb of Your Life with BridgeClimb Sydney. With our Climb Leaders as your guide, you will suit-up in our specially designed outdoor gear and ascend. From its fascinating underbelly to its summit, 134m above the Harbour, the Bridge is the pride of Sydney. From dawn until dusk, the view from the top is always different. Climbs are available at dawn (limited departures), during the day, twilight or night. Don’t miss out on this unforgettable, and uniquely “Sydney” experience.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
West Bend, Wisconsin
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed March 30, 2008

A definite must-do if you are in Sydney. Spectacular views of the city. The climbing experience was unforgettable. The hardest parts are climbing the ladders on the lower levels. Once you are on the outside, its as easy as walking up a hill. Staff was knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. They run a top notch operation.

Admission includes the Pylon Lookout. If your legs can handle 200 more steps, go up it to get some great photos of the city.

3 Thank alchemisttwo

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“A Must Do in Sydney”
Reviewed March 3, 2008

I travelled to Australia in October 2007 with my husband, it was a much awaited trip as my husband lived in Australia and I wanted to see all the places he had visited. The bridge climb is an amazing experience, it was the first time for both of us and it is definately a must do while in Sydney. The organization and demonstrations take about half an hour and it is really well explained. The guide was very good at making you feel at ease and getting you ready. I am afraid of heights, but as the previous review, the only time I felt nervous was on the lower deck as you can see traffic and the water below and you can't avoid looking down as you have to climb down the ladders. If you are nervous, please let the guide know and he/she will do all they can to keep you calm. It does take a while to climb the bridge and you do stop at regular intervals for commentry etc. so a bit of patience is required. The views at the top are amazing and you do get a nice group photo with the harbour as a backdrop. A good tip is to wear a beany/hat (these are supplied along with scrunchies, gloves etc) because it is was quite cold up there even though it may be warm on the ground. I think the price was well worth it and I would definately not let this or being nervous put you off doing the climb. I don't think I would ever do it again, but I am glad I did it once.

2 Thank Songbird H
Austin, TX
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“One of many favorite memories”
Reviewed January 30, 2008

One of my favorite memories. We lived in Sydney for 2 years and climbed the bridge right before we moved back to the USA.

You really have to stop and appreciate what a unique experience this is. It is not just about the view! At the time it opened in the late 90's this was the only place in the world that you could do this, and still may be. Can you imagine the liability insurance in the US to do this?? Ha!

I really hate heights, but I loved climbing the bridge. I found the lower parts to be more unsettling than the top because you can see the cars below you on the lower parts. The view of Sydney up top is incredible.

It's a great time, not an activity to be rushed, and well worth the fees and one good photo. Sure there are lots of other great places to see, things to do, but if you can fit this one in, I highly recommend it.

3 Thank wakefieldfamily
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“the bridge climb a must”
Reviewed December 7, 2007

altough pricey at $179 (about £78) this is an absolute must do, it was the most fantastic thing we did in Australia. The whole experience is superb, and the views from the top unbeatable (surpasses the AMP Centrep Tower any day by a mile, dont' waste your money going up there !).

Tip - if not going in summer when sunshine is virtually guaranteed, book the climb when in Sydney. We went in Spring ( 27 Nov) when the weather in Sydney is quite changeable. We followed the weather forecaste and booked on Tuesday (when it was raining) for the wednesday, which was a perfect sunny day !

4 Thank Essex123
West Midlands
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed December 4, 2007

I'm sure I can't add much more to what the other reviewers have written! Yes, it does seem expensive, but the whole activity is very well organised. They take a lot of time to make sure that you have all your kit on correctly, you know how to work it and you feel happy with the practice ladder climb. We had a fantastic day for the climb and the guide never once rushed us - it felt like we had plenty of time to enjoy the breathtaking views over Sydney!

3 Thank hufri