“great location and convenience”

Regents Court Sydney
Ranked #12 of 139 Specialty Lodging in Sydney
Brisbane, Australia
“great location and convenience”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

art deco building very well restored and good facilies and value

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 29, 2011

if your looking for a roomy well priced room in central Sydney's Potts Point Regents Court is the place to go. Its not as slick as it was under its previous owners but for the price there arent any alternatives that come anywhere near as close. The staff are trying but just dont show the love of the former owners but don't let that deter you its great location large rooms still offer great value in a vibrant part of Sydney

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Well presented and attractive apartments. Easy to access local facilities and get to the main tourist attractions.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 28, 2011

Location - the hotel is located on a quiet lane way one block off of the main street in Kings Cross. The road itself is quiet but as we had a room towards the back of the hotel we did hear lots of street noise from the main strip late in the evening. The hotel is a two minute walk from the Kings Cross train station (one stop from the central city and two stops from Bondi Junction for the beaches) and there is a decent size independent grocery store two shops from the front door. The hotel itself was quiet as we did not see one other person in the hotel. There is also an elevator (the old fashion type that you need to slide open the very heavy doors).

Room - I stayed in a twin room which had a pull down bed. The room was very spacious and came with a dining table for four and a kitchenette which had a microwave, toaster, kettle, two burner hot plate, fridge and dishes. We ate out during the day but it was very convenient for breakfasts in the morning. The queen bed was quite stiff and the pull down single bed was quite "sinky". The pull down bed's legs would slip while I was on it, resulting in a "crashing down" of my bed and it being on a slant. It made me nervous to move on after the first time it happened! The positive aspects of the room were the large amount of pillows (6 on the queen, 2 on the single) and the comfortable duvets and sheets as well as all the open space in the room and the flat screen TV with multiple channels. The bathroom was small and the shower curtain didn't quite go down to the top of the tub, so the floor got wet.

Another downside to the room was it was quite dark. Even with all the lights on it was quite dark. The bathroom only had two small lights on the wall and what appeared to be a brighter ceiling light, which didn't work. I mentioned this to reception on day 2 but it was not fixed by the time we left 2 days later. There was also a sliding window which let lots of air in but since there was no screen, flies also came in as well. The room had an air conditioning unit but we didn't need to use it.

Service - The hotel has someone at reception from 8am - 8pm on weekdays and 9am - 8pm on weekends. We arrived at 10:30pm so I had called ahead. The person I spoke to was very friendly and helpful and explained that the key would be in a lock at the front door. Since there was no one at reception when we arrived, we had to wait until the next morning after 9am to get the code for the internet. All other times I spoke to someone in reception I wasn't treated poorly but it was more standoff-ish. I would treat the reception area as a place to pay and get internet access, but not as a full service spot to find things to do in the city.

The room was not serviced during our 4 night stay, so the towels were not changed, garbage not emptied, etc. So if you want clean towels everyday, this is not the place for you.

Internet - the internet was terribly slow. Slow to the point where late at night it wouldn't connect to anything at all. I did hear one of the people in the reception room while I was leaving saying that he was trying to sort out the internet and upgrade the system. If the internet is still not working if you go to this hotel, there is a global Gossip near the train station that has internet access for $2 per hour.

Price - I paid A$158 for the Saturday night and A$138 for the Sunday - Tuesday nights during the Easter long weekend, book on hotels.com

Overall - for the price, it was an excellent option for us three adults and despite the noise and if you're not against walking along the dodgy street in Kings Cross, it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sshaunaa
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed April 7, 2011

I booked this apartment over the Internet. When I found it (the street numbers are a bit idiosyncratic on Springfield Avenue) I needed to ring a number get a code retrieve a key etc. That's probably all reasonable stuff, however, my biggest complaint was that I was placed in a smoking room when I requested a non-smoking room. The room was smoky enough that I woke with a headache. The management must know that placing a non-smoking placard on the table does not make it a non-smoking room. Having people not smoke in the room and cleaning it if they do smoke makes it a non-smoking room. For this reason I would not recommend this apartment to anyone. The annoying thing is that because the office is unattended after 8 I wasn't able to complain and change the room.

Room Tip: Arrive within the office hours
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Geoff K
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed March 8, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 8 nights because it had a kitchen and free internet. We did not know the area and quickly found out when we arrived it was a little interesting to say the least. We did not feel unsafe or see anything sketchy though so it was fine.

The guys working at reception were very friendly and helpful and gave us internet coupons when we needed them and booked us a Blue Mountain tour which was good.

The room was not too bad, a bit shabby and old. It was ok for the price, the kitchen was a little hard to prepare meals in since it is so small and the pots they provided were more personal size. They did bring us another pot and bowl when we asked so that was nice.

The only real downer here was the lack of any midweek service, we didn't get any cleaning or towels or anything. I had to ask for more toilet paper and I saw some other rooms got cleaning but no one explained anything about that to us, what was included and what was extra. So after being in there for over a week it felt dirty and you wanted to have clean towels and a clean bathroom.

That's one thing that really makes hotels so nice is feeling like you get more service and things are clean and for an extended stay we did get a little tired of being in a self catering place that was so small and basic.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tropicaltravels6
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I went to Sydney with my partner for the mardi gras last weekend. I was recommended to stay at regents court. The property is good located we were close to all amenities and I had no problem to get wherever I wanted to go. The hotel service was amazing. We had a problem with our tv but the hotel staff was able to help us and solve our needs as soon as the problem arised.
I would sugestion to any of my friendsor anybody to stay with them.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple