Shangri-La Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$214
$159
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Old Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$127
$119
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $165/night.

Rendezvous Hotel Sydney The Rocks(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$143
$124
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Restaurant
$257
$172
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

$176
$172
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$154
$125
  • Pool
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$222
$115
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $128/night.

$193
$149
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $178/night.

All reviewscontinental breakfastsurry hillssigned photoslovely comfy bedcommunal loungebusy roadoxford sthotel has a great locationwalkable distancestayed here for one nightwatch tvwould stay againcafes and restaurantshandy locationbit datedwi fipublic transport
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed for one night in a standard queen room (room 20) for a concert at the Hifi Bar (Entertainment Quarter at Fox Studios).

The Good:

- Old-world charm! The hotel is a converted grand old mansion in Darlinghurst, so the rooms and corridors have interesting period architecture and fittings. It's certainly a big change from the usual identical modern hotel chains.

- Handy location. To get to the hotel from Central Station was a pleasant 20-minute walk through Surry Hills, while the Moore Park precinct (SCG, Allianz Stadium, Fox Studios) was 15-20 minutes walk. The hotel is located on a busy road with plenty of people about, so I felt quite safe walking back there after midnight.

- Friendly staff. Check in/out was smooth and efficient, with staff kindly offering to take my bags to my room on arrival, and arrange for a taxi on my departure.

- Cleanliness. Although the building is old, and has some maintenance issues (eg broken brass latches on windows, some water damage to the ceiling) my room was very clean. The bathroom was modern and spotless, linen freshly laundered, and carpet clean.

- Good choice of pillows

The Bad:

- Water pressure in the shower was quite low

- No elevator. Although it was no problem for me to take the stairs up to my room on the first floor, if you have mobility problems request a room on the ground floor.

- Reception closes at 10pm

Overall, I would happily stay here again for the right price. Although it doesn't have all the mod cons (eg 24 hour reception, room service, lifts), this is a clean, secure, comfortable and very unique hotel in a handy spot in Sydney.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank LucyTheNerd
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The staff were friendly,helpful and welcoming. The room (King Suite) had all the items nessarsary to make our stay enjoyable without having to take them. The hotel is on a main road and at times was a little noisy with the traffic. The rooms were clean and well laid out. The inclusive continental breakfast had a ample selection, but it thought that the ability to offer a choice of a cooked breakfast would of been nice to set you up for the day. On a main bus route and with taxi's plentiful so easy to get to the CBD and the quays, taxi ranged from $13.00 - $16.00's, Oxford road is only a short walk away with a wide range and choice of restaurants to choose from. Ideally situated to Shows, Concerts, Moore Park, SCG, and Allianze Stadium etc. We would definitely stay again and definitely take the same room if available.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We have often walked past this small boutiquie hotel on Flinders street Sydney but had never ventured inside to look around, so we decided to give it a try and booked in last weekend as we dining close by and thought to make a romantic weekend of it. We booked a manor king room which we found to be delightful. The staff were friendly and efficient and the hotel was to coin a phrase "quaint". We enjoyed our stay and will definitly go back. The only negative was the Continental breakfast which did not measure up to what I would have expected had we actually been breakfasting in Europe.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shane747
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I booked Manor House Hotel through lastminute.com. I stay overnight in Sydney fairly frequently and normally stay in a CBD 5* hotel but for some reason, they all seemed booked or prohitively expensive for this particular night. I noticed the Manor House "Boutique" Hotel advertised as 4 1/2 stars and the photos made the place look very elegant and full of character. How misleading! As soon as I walked into the hotel, I knew I was in trouble. It might have been lovely once but is very tired and in serious need of updating. I was in a Manor King Room, and paid a rate eqivalent to waht I would pay for 5*'s and could not believe the decor in bedroom and bathroom. The "antique furniture" is basically just second hand old furniture and the artwork likely picked up at flea markets for a couple of dollars! The bathroom felt like a relic from the 70's and was tired and grubby. The towels were thin and tiny and a far cry from the comforting, fluffy towel you would expect from a supposed upmarket hotel. The pillows were lumpy and I am not sure if it was psychosomatic but I felt like I scratched all night. The hotel is located on a main road and my room was around 30 meters from the bus lane ... doesnt make for a quiet and relaxing night. The pool is reminisant of a foot spa and I cannot imagine for one second anyone would ever contemplate going in it! If this hotel was ever rated 4 1/2 stars (maybe around 20 years ago), it needs re rating. Never, ever again .... the Manor House gives the term "boutique" a bad rap!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Lynnyabm
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed at the Manor House Hotel with my family and we all enjoyed it. The hotel is an elegant old building on a fairly busy road, sitting serenely behind a large water fountain and small garden. The reception is warm, the staff are helpful and friendly and the rooms we had were elegantly furnished and perfect for relaxation and quiet retreat after a busy day.

Parking is a bit of a hassle and needs to be pre-arranged, involving lining up guest's cars in one driveway and a bit of to-ing and fro-ing when you want to get out... but much better than parking on the street.

There are lots of great restaurants nearby (we found ours via SMH Good Food guide) if you don't want to drive everywhere and buses are plentiful.

Our only disappointment was breakfast, which could easily have been better than ordinary... but, given the charm of the place, that really didn't matter too much.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family