“Nice for a short citybreak”

PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney
Ranked #23 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice for a short citybreak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2011

Went here with my daughter, got a great last min secret deal. Not right ion darling harbor, but only a short walk. Great room , helpful concierge.

• Stayed February 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (592)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2011

I stayed here on business in Feb 2011. Reception was good - staff very helpful. My room was on the second floor, a couple of floors above the dining room, and I was surprised I couldn't hear more noise from there due to the layout.

I had a couple of niggles in my room - the hairdryer switch had been deactivated so I had to call housekeeping, and then the following morning, the milk hadn't been replenished, so I had to call down again - but they were very responsive. The only yuk thing was there was hair in the plughole of the shower (blah!) obviously something that had been overlooked during the previous clean.

The room service menu is very overpriced, but the food is OK. My rate included buffet breakfast, which was pretty standard hotel fare to be honest - and again - its more worthwhile going to a local cafe for breakfast - the food tastes much better!

I thought the room price was expensive as well and not really value for money in my opinion. The location is very good though.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Harbour150, Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this review, February 26, 2011
Dear KTJMelbourne,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences at the PARKROYAL Darling Harbour. I was please to read your positive comments in regards to our team at the hotel and our location.

Needless to say I was dissappointed to learn of the shortfalls in our room servcing standards, rest assured this has been addressed with our Executive Housekeeper for re-training and coaching as appropriate.

If I may be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact myself via paul.seaman@parkroyalhotels.com.

Once again thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind Regards

Vancouver Island, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

We decided to stay here for 4 nights over the Australia day public holiday so we could see the fireworks. On check in the staff treated us with the attitude of 'why are you here?'. The lifts are old and you can get caught in the doors as the sensors dont work. The rooms are old and dated I would have said this hotel was 3 star if that. We had club room access which is also dated but has nice staff. We too were interrupted numerous times in the afternoons to have someone check the minibar, then clean the room, then turn down the bed that was just made - why cant' this all be done at once?

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Harbour150, Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this review, February 23, 2011
Dear agentblond11,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay the hotel over Australia Day, I was dissappointed to learn of your experiences.

We have addressed your feedback in relation to your welcome experience room servicing, turndown and mini-bar service with our operational teams to assist us in improving our service levels in these areas.

If I may be of any further assistance of if you would like to discuss your feedback in further detail please do not hesitate to contact myself via paul.seaman@parkroyalhotels.com

Kind Regards

Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

We stayed for 4 nights as part of a tour of Australia. The hotel was in a great location for the nightlife and restaurants around Darling Harbour and Chinatown. The room was clean but we only had a queen size double bed which was not very comfortable. Check-in staff were polite and the concierge service was very good and provided maps. We did not eat in the hotel as there were plenty of good restaurants nearby and a convenience store that was great for breakfast goodies. The best find of our holiday was a great Thai restaurant called Home just around the corner in Sussex Street. It was always busy, the food was great and very reasonably priced, especially for Sydney.

• Stayed January 2011
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2011

My husband and my children (6 years and 4 years) stayed at the Parkroyal Darling Harbour for one night in January. We were able to book the room thru lastminute.com.au and got a pretty good deal using their Family Package.

The room had two double beds which was fine by us and was just a standard room. It was very clean and the linen was lovely.

It was in a great location (a cross the road from Darling Harbour) and the breakfast the next morning was wonderful. The kids did not know where to start.

Some of the hotel is looking a little old but it is very clean and it was fantastic for a family night away.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2011

Stayed here on return from overseas trip so really just wanted a place to recover from our flight, got a great deal on a Secret hotel with Lastminute -to work out which hotel it is you just need to do a Google search using some of the descriptive words - this one was a Cityscape room in Darling Harbour and it was pretty easy to work out which hotel it was! Helpful check in staff let us into our room early so we could get some sleep, great bed! Room itself is looking a bit dated and tatty, but ok. Big bathroom, best feature of hotel is the location - not really in Darling Harbour but not far from it, on the city side, lots of restaurants nearby, close to the Spanish area so great food.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
high wycombe
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2011

Gross hotel, booked to stay for 10 nights but gave up after 2 and checked into the Shangri=la.

Small room, small bathroom, bathroom that flooded after shower, noisy air-con.

This place needs complete renovation or re branded to a 2-3 star with 2-3 star prices.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank downleyloyal
Harbour150, Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this review, February 10, 2011
Dear downleyloyal,

Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay. I was dissappointed to learn of your experience and impressions from your stay with us and my sincere apologies we could not meet your expectations.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your feedback in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact myself direct via paul.seaman@parkroyalhotels.com should this be appropriate.

I wish you all the best for 2011.

Warm Regards,