“Great family accommodation in Sydney”

PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney
Ranked #27 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed June 15, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the ParkRoyal Darling Harbour for one night with our two children. The hotel and room were clean and modern, and nicely furnished. We stayed in a room with two double beds which was perfect for the kids to share, and spacious enough for the four of us. The beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom had a shower and separate bath. The buffet breakfast was excellent, with a great selection of foods and drinks. The only downside to the hotel was the view of the overpass, however if you're not staying in the room it doesn't matter too much.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Paul F, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent visit to Sydney. We appreciate and value the time you have taken to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to read that you and your family found our rooms comfortable and modern.

I am also delighted that you appreciated our breakfast buffet. Our Food & Beverage team work hard to ensure that the buffet offers a wide variety of dishes, to suit our guests’ different tastes and preferences.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future for any of your business or leisure travels.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,942)

Reviewed June 14, 2014

We booked our reservation for a one night stay through Expedia instead of directly through the hotel.

After reading a few reviews on here, my level of expectations had dropped a little and I was just hoping for the best!

When we arrived, we were greeted with Stanley to check us in. He was friendly and made us feel very welcomed - he even upgraded our rooms (without us asking!) for no additional costs. Our room was room 809 (8th floor, two levels from the top!) and I was very impressed with the room. It was spotless and very modern. Absolutely loved the kingsized bed as it was a real king! We've been to hotels that stick two single beds together and call it a king. My partner thought the pillows were a bit hard but I liked them. They sink in with pressure but are slightly firm.

It's such a great sized hotel room, very spacious. Adored the large shower head too!

Theres a glass section in the bathroom that actually gives you a perfect view of the TV from the toilet! Not sure if that's what it's meant for but I thought it was awesome haha.

Overall great experience and will definitely stay here again. Location is perfect!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank amiejayx

Thank you for the review of your most recent stay with us here at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour.

I was delighted to hear of your positive experience with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed your complimentary room upgrade. The look and feel of our guest rooms is something we take great pride in and work hard to maintain at a high level. The view from the 8th floor, also offers a spectacular view of Darling Harbour, which I am glad you were able to enjoy.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future. Thank you once again for providing such a positive review.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

I generally stay at the Parkroyal Parramatta for business but this time due to a trade fair stayed in Darling Harbor, the rooms are big, the location great (chinatown just there, the cbd just there and Darling harbor just there).
Big beds, I didnt love the pillows but that is a personal choice thing however the breakfast is great, hot buffet, loads of fruit, baked items, cereals and japanese as well as chinese things like dumplings miso and congee.

Some colleagues had dinners there as well and said the meals were great, I took the opportunity to walk everywhere mentioned above and eat out. In all a great hotel, would stay again. Oh yeah, a good gym, lots of treadmills, most hotels have one or 2 this place has 5-6.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank CultOfOne
Paul F, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

I was pleased to hear of your positive experiences at the hotel, with particular regard to our proximity to local attractions and the guest rooms.

I was also delighted to read that you were able to enjoy our restaurant and the variety of cuisine on offer. Our variety is something that we take great pride in as it allows our guests to sample foods from their favourite countries, as well as try something new.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We were warmly greeted at the door. Check in was friendly and courteous. Delivery of luggage to room was fast. Room was comfortable and spotlessly clean. Staff we encountered were all friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Book a darling harbour view room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

I was delighted to hear of your positive experience with us and that you found our staff to be so friendly and helpful.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed your room. The look and feel of our guest rooms is something we take great pride in and work hard to maintain at a high level.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Upon arrive I paid $300 security bond for the 3 nights I stayed and 3 weeks on I'm still waiting on it to be returned to my account. After numerous phone calls to the hotel asking what is going on, they reply with it should be in there. I've spoke to the bank. And gone over and over my accounts with the bank and no money has been returned. Asked for a simple email twice to two separate email accounts with the details on when the money was returned. And still have not received an ounce of detail about it. I will never stay at this hotel again. I had no problems paying, but when I don't get my money returned that's not on it's stealing.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Wales1194
Paul F, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

With regard to your security bond, I would like to apologise for the delay and invite you to contact myself directly if the issue has not yet been resolved.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future for any of your travels.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We recently did the Hiltons executive level and found the Park Royal had one too. So we were only going to be here for a couple of nights and treated ourselves to their Executive Level. Obviously we had a benchmark to measure it against and what we found was far better than you would first think, the room was stunning, huge bed, plenty of space, great view of the harbour ( Darling ), we were on level 8 in room 817. The bathroom was also huge, large Shower with two options the large shower head above or the handheld one. We had too very comfortable nights, the bed was lovely, cosy and comfortable. Now we normally bring a couple of bottles of wine with us to have a tipple before we go out but the fridge here was a problem, we had to rearrange it to get the bottles in! Having said that you have access to the Lounge for free drinks and nibbles, so don’t bother bringing any. The lounge is very nice, on the 9th floor. Usual selection of wines and beers but what made this different was the volume of cooked foods, the Hilton may have one and sometime two but here there was large pots of different meals, the best was a Seafood Chowder / Stew with Barra and prawns, it was to die for, so fresh, Fish cooked perfectly. The other major difference was the Breakfast, streets ahead of the Hiltons, gourmet products, plenty of options, artisan breads and pastries. I would however suggest you maybe ask for a room not directly under the Lounge, because the chairs are being dragged around, cutlery dropping on the floor, cleaning in the wee small hours tends to wake you up. The place is close to the Shopping Malls and Chinatown, we arrived by Train at the Town Hall station which was a short downhill walk to the Hotel, the staff are very friendly and helpful, I would definitely come to this hotel again and I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Request a room that is not directly under the Club Lounge
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul F, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay with us here at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour.

I am delighted to read that you appreciated our fantastic Club Lounge and facilities. We take great pride in the refurbishments to our guest rooms and Club Lounge, and am pleased that you enjoyed the variety of food and drinks available, as well as the size of the room.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed at the Park Royal on the 16th & 17th of May. Booked 2 club rooms. Location was great- walking distance to entertainment, shops etc. The rooms were large & clean.The club lounge was an added plus. Breakfast was substantial( five stars to the chef that cooked us some very yummy omlettes). The best part of our stay, however was the exceptional service provided by all staff. It more than made up for the lack of swimming pool, sauna etc. A very special thank you to the manager who gifted us with a bottle of champagne to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the comments and feedback from your most recent stay at the PARKROYAL Darling Harbour. The responses our guests provide us with are an invaluable source of information and allow us to improve our standards and service.

I was delighted to hear of your positive experience with us. We take pride in the refurbishment and enhancements to our guestrooms, restaurant and Club Lounge.
I am also very pleased to note that you enjoyed dealing with our staff. Our dedicated staff work diligently to cater to as many individuals’ needs as possible. I hope that you enjoyed the complimentary bottle of champagne. It is always a special treat to be able to help celebrate an anniversary.